The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Awaiting shipping.

Local time
6:06 PM
Reaction score
Hi Have just been informed that my grenadier is out of production and awaiting shipment that was 15/5/23 with 199 others bound for Australia. Anyone have info on possible shipping times.
After 2 years it should not be long now.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The mystery of where many of our vehicles physically are in the world is deep and complex. I got the "your vehicle is awaiting shipping" email back in early April, after previously getting the "your vehicle is in production" notification in January.

Was it actually being built in January?
Was it actually sitting in a batch & hold yard somewhere in April?
Has it made it on to a boat or is it waiting there with your one now as part of that 199?
Is it sitting in a bonded warehouse in Melbourne?
Who knows?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Have just been informed that my grenadier is out of production and awaiting shipment that was 15/5/23 with 199 others bound for Australia. Anyone have info on possible shipping times.
The two ships I have heard referenced are the Figaro and the Tortugas. Figaro is due at Port Kembla on the 13th July, the Tortugas in Brisbane on the 19th July.

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:06 AM
Reaction score
This is not the intent of the SOS thread. @Stu_Barnes can we please get this moved to an appropriate area. Perhaps best in an Australia part of the section. Australia Shipping Updates? Thanks!

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is not the intent of the SOS thread. @Stu_Barnes can we please get this moved to an appropriate area. Perhaps best in an Australia part of the section. Australia Shipping Updates? Thanks!
It may not be the intent of the thread, and it should be moved, however the news certainly does "save our souls" from getting sick of waiting.

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:06 AM
Reaction score
It may not be the intent of the thread, and it should be moved, however the news certainly does "save our souls" from getting sick of waiting.
Understood. And well said. May your Grenadiers be on boats and headed into port soon! 🙂

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's what chefs yell when in trouble....
Gordon Ramsay yells pan down pan down all the time in his cooking videos

Local time
Reaction score
The two ships I have heard referenced are the Figaro and the Tortugas. Figaro is due at Port Kembla on the 13th July, the Tortugas in Brisbane on the 19th July.
Sounds positive and likely still could be an August delivery. I guess we can be sure is when they ask for the money. I may be wrong but we may pay before it gets to the dealer. Either way its a damm site closer than 2 years ago.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
9:06 AM
Reaction score
Just had an update on mine.

Cleared 'Batch & Hold'. Now awaiting European road logistics, and awaiting vessel allocation.
Have any been delivered in Australia yet? I may have missed a post about but I did see that some had landed at Fremantle?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just had an update on mine.

Cleared 'Batch & Hold'. Now awaiting European road logistics, and awaiting vessel allocation.
Dave - Is your agent proactively calling you for each of these steps or are you calling him and he checks on his computer screen?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have any been delivered in Australia yet? I may have missed a post about but I did see that some had landed at Fremantle?
None actually in customers' hands... however a bunch of customers' "orders" have landed somewhere on the island continent and are in the "twilight zone" 😉

HT

Production/Transit
Local time
4:06 AM
Reaction score
So it appears IA are actually dismantling my Grenadier.
- In Early April I was told my G was in production and I was even given a VIN (ending in *2200 or thereabouts) (source the online chat option on the website)
- In Late April, my dealer informed me that my G is about to go into production but there was no VIN (source: dealer referring to a "spreadsheet" received from IA).
- Today I'm informed by the dealer that my G has not gone into production but will go into production in June (source: The Dealer's access to the Portal)

Questions abound! I truly thought mine would be waiting for a boat, if not already on one. This ongoing failure to keep us informed is so badly aggravated by the contradictory information you can get from IA.

To answer the common question:
- $800 deposit paid in Jan '22
- Order and deposit paid 25 May '22
- contract signed 28 Feb '23

Local time
Reaction score
Sounds positive and likely still could be an August delivery. I guess we can be sure is when they ask for the money. I may be wrong but we may pay before it gets to the dealer. Either way its a damm site closer than 2 years ago.
Have just been informed the ships name is Tortugas and is currently in the bay of Biscay.

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:06 AM
Reaction score
Im getting the distinct feeling that Jim Ratcliffe having designed and built his dream vehicle is running out of interest in the company Ineos Automotive. All indicators are that IA is not firing on all cylinders and no one appears to be taking any corrective action producing any sort of positive result.

Les Hiddins AM
Bush Tucker Man
Australia

Back
Top Bottom