The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Novelty vs. common sense

ragnar62

Production/Transit
Local time
9:19 AM
Reaction score
Calming awaiting tow software update after 3 months. Have been monitoring the forums and appreciate the great info.
my vehicle has to work daily... not a part time weekender
Here is the conundrum

Does the novelty/coolness of the vehicle outweigh the common sense opinion of a potentially faulty vehicle?

So... the vehicle looks great and can climb a rock and go through mud and snow.

And here comes a long line of BUT's
poor response from service
delay in software updates. how hard is that?
leaks.
noises.
dinging/sensors constantly going off
distance to service providers who are hamstrung by the dealer
what happens when the vehicle decides to take a nap in the middle of bum#$#% Alabama? (redundant I know)
Doors sticking

Just a conundrum... wait and be patient or just tap out and find another vehicle that is cool, can climb rocks, go through mud/snow AND handle daily local traffic and with a semi reliable service department 2 miles away?

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:19 AM
Reaction score
For what it's worth, the only thing on your list that I have experienced to date is turning off the speed warning clicks (which is not a big deal) and 1 check engine light from a fuel overfill (I cleared the code with a 15yr old orange colored handheld scan tool).

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
6000+ miles, and while I share your concerns regarding the service network, think people under estimate the regulatory controls and safety testing that is required for software updates.

I'm hopeful that a year from now most of these problems will be in our rear view mirrors.

Last edited:

carlg007

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
6000+ miles, and while I share your concerns regarding the service network, think people under estimate the regulatory controls and safety testing that is required for software updates.

I'm hopeful that a year from now most of these problems will be in our rear view mirrors.
One can only ""HOPE"

roadfever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:19 AM
Reaction score
I don’t want to disappoint but you probably need to get something that’s been around a while. The tone of your post is full of hesitancy. If I were in your shoes I would definitely try to prioritize your needs and go from there. You could always come back to the IG in a few years. Good luck!

Kevin Mokracek

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:19 AM
Reaction score
No leaks, no noises, no sticky doors.
I can live with turning off the ADAS until the update and even if it wasn't removed after the update it would just be a minor issue with me.
The tow package delay has been and continues to be my biggest complaint.
I came from driving a Tesla Model Y and a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited as my daily driver and I have to say I absolutely love driving my Grenadier much more than my other cars. I look for excuses to get out and drive it.
The steering was initially a concern but after a few days I didn't even give it a second thought, its a total non issue now. Its a brand new company and to be honest I expected way more quality control issues but I have been extremely pleased so far. There are zero rattles, knocks or other noises in the Grenadier and the interior is 10 times quieter than my Wrangler. Off road the suspension soaks up the bumps where my Jeep would be a rattle trap. So far very pleased.

Local time
Reaction score
I can live with turning off the ADAS until the update and even if it wasn't removed after the update it would just be a minor issue with me.
Did I miss an announcement from Ineos? Why do people think there's going to be an update that removes what is considered a safety feature?

I can see it now. A woman with 5 girl scouts takes a curve at 2x the speed limit, and rolls over. An the attorney asks Ineos, why they updated software in such a way that it permitted the owner to shut off the warning, as she claims 3 of the 5 kids died because she inadvertently did so....

What has been seen, cannot be unseen. live with it.

Kevin Mokracek

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:19 AM
Reaction score
Did I miss an announcement from Ineos? Why do people think there's going to be an update that removes what is considered a safety feature?

I can see it now. A woman with 5 girl scouts takes a curve at 2x the speed limit, and rolls over. An the attorney asks Ineos, why they updated software in such a way that it permitted the owner to shut off the warning, as she claims 3 of the 5 kids died because she inadvertently did so....

Just rumor. I would love it if it were disabled but no big deal if it isn't. Not a deal breaker

Local time
Reaction score
Just rumor. I would love it if it were disabled but no big deal if it isn't. Not a deal breaker
Funny thing about warning beeps, is when youre overbeeped, you end up ignoring important warning beeps. Spend some time in a modern manufacturing facility and it's like elevator music by the end of the day.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

While it seems it would be a simple fix to correct the towing software, if they don't get it fixed how much will they lose in sales? Not a value I care to calculate. This vehicle "purpose" is to tow. It will be fixed. Agree regulatory controls and safety get in the way these days ... however those controls and safety did get Man to the moon 50 yrs ago :) .

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Right, because driving twice the legal speed limit is the car's fault for not telling her versus her fault because she’s stupid and should know better with a gaggle full of kids. Do you really believe that a series of audible clicks is really going to change one's reckless behavior and save the day? Do you also believe that those clicks should begin when you literally go one MPH over the speed limit?

When are we going to stop blaming inanimate objects that hurt other people instead of the stupid person operating said object? Driving takes skill. Driving is also a hazardous activity. Until vehicles become fully autonomous, god forbid, there will be accidents. If you're going to add a safety feature, like ABS or DSC, for example, it should actually help the driver, as those features do.

I'm all for safety. As a former police officer, I've seen my share of tragic car accidents. But instead of solely focusing on the vehicle, which again just sits there and can't hurt anything until a moron gets behind the wheel, how about we also focus on making drivers better. That is a much better solution than 4-5 asinine audible clicks for going one mile over the speed limit.

The rumor is it just doesn’t automatically reset the ADS at each start-up. AFAIK, it is also not a US-mandated safety feature, so why should we in the US "live with it."

Back
Top Bottom