The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Auxiliary LEDs - Lightbars, Lights, Pods

LeftCoastOverland

Production/Transit
Local time
9:07 PM
Reaction score
From what I last heard earlier this year, they got rid of all of their US staff and are relying on the warehouse personnel from one of their other brands to handle shipping for orders; so I'm not sure what response you'll get...

This was from a very good friend who used to sell their lights along with his own products and make some private label brackets for them
I’m planning to buy them in country when I get to oz. Hopefully it’ll get some traction.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:07 AM
Reaction score
My Gren just arrived at the dealer and is only waiting on the full roof rack. Once I have it home I can take measurements and look closely at the front light bar options. I’m hopeful I can position the bar I’m considering, so that the roof limits projection onto the hood/bonnet.

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:07 AM
Reaction score
My Gren just arrived at the dealer and is only waiting on the full roof rack. Once I have it home I can take measurements and look closely at the front light bar options. I’m hopeful I can position the bar I’m considering, so that the roof limits projection onto the hood/bonnet.
Purchased a KC HiLites Flex Era 50 inch Light Bar for my full length Rhino Rack when it comes in. After getting it, I started looking and dang, each 10 inch segment uses 10amps. So it needs at least a 50amp plug where Ineos only provided me a 25amp plug.

So as I started looking at Baja Designs, ran into a similar problem with amps over 25 unless I want a bar less than 20 inches.

marcusnilsson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:07 PM
Reaction score
Purchased a KC HiLites Flex Era 50 inch Light Bar for my full length Rhino Rack when it comes in. After getting it, I started looking and dang, each 10 inch segment uses 10amps. So it needs at least a 50amp plug where Ineos only provided me a 25amp plug.

So as I started looking at Baja Designs, ran into a similar problem with amps over 25 unless I want a bar less than 20 inches.

I have been experiencing the same issue. Either the LEDs are throttled via EU regulations or they are to power consuming.

These are the ones I’m considering;

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The left and right sides of the front bumper where there are honeycomb screens are just begging to have lights mounted.
1000007878.jpg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:07 AM
Reaction score
Will the reduced airflow through those openings affect engine cooling?
I would say yes and no. Most vehicles have added coolers in front of the wheels. But most font need them. Plus bmw offers a aux cooler delete for its engines. Many ppl delete their aux coolers in the l663 to fit larger tires on it. I would say that unless your in the desert, these small vents won't make that big of difference.

Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I' think im going to install amber fog lights there
That was my exact plan as well.... most likely a set of Diode Dynamics SSC1 SAE Fogs in the side pockets... small enough to not restrict a lot of airflow, but still give a good bump in lighting

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
That was my exact plan as well.... most likely a set of Diode Dynamics SSC1 SAE Fogs in the side pockets... small enough to not restrict a lot of airflow, but still give a good bump in lighting
I'll be following your lead. Called my dealership yesterday to see if they had a vin and was told ETA in Feb. Total suprise to me as I was originally given a build date of March 1st with delievery date of early summer.

LeftCoastOverland

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I would say yes and no. Most vehicles have added coolers in front of the wheels. But most font need them. Plus bmw offers a aux cooler delete for its engines. Many ppl delete their aux coolers in the l663 to fit larger tires on it. I would say that unless your in the desert, these small vents won't make that big of difference.
I think these are intercoolers for the turbo boost.
Removing them will hurt performance.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
No one is thinking about removing them. I am referencing the fact that there are delete kits for Aux coolers. One is for engine oil and other is is the transmission.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No, not intercoolers. One is a secondary cooling circuit for engine I believe and one is a transfer case cooler. I would be reluctant to remove at least the transfer case one as it was added during the testing phase because they has some issues with transfer case temps if I recall the story correctly.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Front grill-mounted lightbar DIY'ers: How did you route the cable to the under-bonnet power source without having to remove anything first? Thank you!

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here's a very inelegant way of mounting a 10" lightbar to the bumper.
1000008079.jpg
1000008078.jpg
Zero drilling.
Ineos, please add DTP 2-pin connectors to the electrical wiring under the bonnet or at least make them longer. They were a pain to lengthen.

marcusnilsson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:07 PM
Reaction score
Here's a very inelegant way of mounting a 10" lightbar to the bumper.
View attachment 7839113
View attachment 7839114
Zero drilling.
Ineos, please add DTP 2-pin connectors to the electrical wiring under the bonnet or at least make them longer. They were a pain to lengthen.

That’s quite nice. I’m thinking of doing something similar.

What kind of led bar do you have there?

Back
Top Bottom