The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Auxiliary LEDs - Lightbars, Lights, Pods

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:59 PM
Reaction score
I don't disagree - I think the same can be said of many vehicles of equal nameplates some 30+ years apart.
I think almost every boy saw Marty's dream truck and that set the stage of the rise of the Taco that we see today.

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
star wars GIF

That's some OG offroad lights! McFly....

sGNpCywERliAnxTbJy7t.jpg
Looks like a puddle behind the right front tire. A Land Rover in disguise?

moehni

Production/Transit
Local time
6:59 AM
Reaction score
Renewing this thread, I wanted to have working lights as well, but I chose some with magnetic sockets. So I am able to place them where I need them most. They are removable and ride with me in the trunk.

Attachments

• tempImagel4bo5S.jpg
    tempImagel4bo5S.jpg
    997.1 KB · Views: 74
  • tempImageeNgbso.jpg
    tempImageeNgbso.jpg
    675.5 KB · Views: 68
  • tempImage6ViXCG.jpg
    tempImage6ViXCG.jpg
    527.8 KB · Views: 79
  • tempImagemlvXu9.jpg
    tempImagemlvXu9.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 81
  • tempImageXC7Ygx.jpg
    tempImageXC7Ygx.jpg
    495 KB · Views: 82
  • tempImageRYJrUw.jpg
    tempImageRYJrUw.jpg
    784.7 KB · Views: 73
  • tempImageqdy34n.jpg
    tempImageqdy34n.jpg
    741.9 KB · Views: 71
  • tempImagekCyo2p.jpg
    tempImagekCyo2p.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 78
  • tempImageOuptni.jpg
    tempImageOuptni.jpg
    714.8 KB · Views: 91
  • tempImageWOUMLC.jpg
    tempImageWOUMLC.jpg
    454.7 KB · Views: 94
  • tempImage6zUaIi.jpg
    tempImage6zUaIi.jpg
    530 KB · Views: 101

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Light bar you say... This is my triple light bar setup from my Gambler500 truck.

2 are Amazon brands, cheap and cheerful but they have survived 3 years of neglect and extremely poor treatment. 1 is a good brand I got off a craigslist trade where I really just wanted the roof basket.

These bars survived a couple of thousand of really shaky and bumpy off pavement miles in eastern Nevada, northern California and the forests of central Oregon over the last few years. Always parked outside in the northern Nevada and totally neglected (is a gambler car).

The bars makes nighttime into day. Just amazing performance, even for the cheap Amazon ones where I had zero expectations. Totally pointless of course but that is a gambler500 vehicle for you. The middle one can also do rgb. I have it programmed to blue and red flashing. Keeps it exciting in gamblertown when you roll in at night.

Truck is a k2500 suburban with a 454 v8. 90 gallon extended range tank. 350,000 miles. Former CHP truck that I bought for $500 off Craigslist.

I think light bars is the ticket. Doesn't go as far as regular lights but I don't think that is what i need on a gren, it's not a rally car. The bars are curved to hit wide to the sides, I really like that. In the gren I am def getting a bar. Something nicer than this but for largely the same purpose.

I don't find that the light overhead bothers me or create glare from the hood. I like the wider cast to the sides by the hood, it's very, very nice. I guess side lights would accomplish the same thing.

My few cents. 20191103_104731.jpg

bnebenda

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Renewing this thread, I wanted to have working lights as well, but I chose some with magnetic sockets. So I am able to place them where I need them most. They are removable and ride with me in the trunk.
Which brand/model is that?
Thanks, Bernd

moehni

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Also bought a auxiliary light from adluminis.de and fixed it on the highest step of the rear ladder. So I have a better view in the dark when backing up.

Grenadier74

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You definitely get what you pay for (to an extent), and everyone has their brand-camp that they are loyal to. I would generally say to run away from Amazon brands.

Personally, I'm a Diode Dynamics fan, and have been for many years. I'm a fan of their Stage Series light bars (had a 42" in the bumper of my Tundra, which was removed when I added an ARB bumper and went to a 50" on the front of our AT Atlas topper; my girlfriend's Tacoma has had their 30" bumper mount for a few years and just got my old 42" on her roof rack). What I will say though, lightbars just can't seem to get quite the distance that pods can. The 50" with all "driving/spot" lenses couldn't outshine (for distance or spread) my ARB Intensity Solis 36 spots that I had on the bumper. My Sprinter has a quartet of Diode Dynamics SS5 pods (outers in "driving", inners in "spot"), and bluntly is on the cusp of too much light (yes I understand people run 6-7 of these on the roof and another 6 on the bumper, but that's simply for the 'Gram).

Brands to lean towards for LEDs: Diode Dynamics, Baja Designs, Rigid, LightForce (for US/Canada people, I understand the Ozzies have their favorites that aren't readily available in the US)

Watch YouTube videos, talk to people/see them in person and read all the threads you can before blindly dumping big money on a lightbar; and honestly, see if it's actually something you need/want before ordering
I agree with you. I am from Europe and have some stuff from Diode Dynamics and they are fantastic. easy and powerful and last it gives amazing look to your car. The ledbars and the SS5 are very powerful lamps, but I agree with you: a lightbar till now is not equal with this huge lights like the SS5.

Anand did you put the SS5 laps to your IG? I could find till yet a solution to connect the SS5 lightbars 4pin deutsch connector to my IG 2 pin connector. Are the US IG equipped with 4 pin connectors outside?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:59 AM
Reaction score
Anand did you put the SS5 laps to your IG? I could find till yet a solution to connect the SS5 lightbars 4pin deutsch connector to my IG 2 pin connector. Are the US IG equipped with 4 pin connectors outside?
As far as I know mine has yet to enter production.... Honestly not positive what I will end up doing.

The External connectors are 2 pin on the US trucks as well; if you don't care about the backlighting, it would be quite easy to do a short adapter harness from the 4 pin to 2 pin connector

Gibby

Donny Grey, White Roof, Red Frame, much more.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Concerning the factory light bar option, I have been advised by RDS that this option is delayed for the US. No idea when it will be available.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:59 PM
Reaction score
maybe they source them from the same place as the rear door picnic table!! :rolleyes: I was informed today that said table is still on "global" backorder!

AlexAdv

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:59 AM
Reaction score
Just mounted today some side lighting. The leds are Osram VX125-WD Wide and used the motorycle mirrors adapters (for 25 mm bar and M10) that someone suggested.

They fit perfectly.

Also waiting for the orignal front led bar to be mounted soon.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-12-08 at 10.00.33.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-08 at 10.00.33.jpeg
    258.6 KB · Views: 67

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend side lighting that has the option of an Orange light and (wait for it...wish list) a dimmable option?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Someone ran light bar in side and it allowed great control.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend side lighting that has the option of an Orange light and (wait for it...wish list) a dimmable option?
Diode Dynamics offers amber backlighting as an option... We use these on our Sprinter for dim area lighting while at camp

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:59 AM
Reaction score
Question:
Has any designed or figured out a way to attach a light bar to the Rhino Rack Roof Bars (just the two rails, not the full roof rack)?

Back
Top Bottom