The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Auxiliary Beams/Working lamps

Hicarus

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:33 AM
Reaction score
UK vehicle type approval requires one rear facing red lensed light of 25 Watts (equivalent) on the offside rear of the vehicle controlled by the driver by an illuminated switch and relay which drops the circuit when the headlights are turned off and/or engine stopped. That's so they don't get forgotten by Driver Prune. If they're "on" the driver must have turned them on and so can be nailed by the cops for using them when they're not needed (BMW style Boston Boy! - your cops should nail 'em!). Same for front fog lights in UK - but none of that seems to interest our fuzz!:eek:
My guess is that Ineos have built them into that single LED cluster back light. makes me wonder whether we just get the one fog light offside and reverse light nearside. Anyone any idea?

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:33 PM
Reaction score
UK vehicle type approval requires one rear facing red lensed light of 25 Watts (equivalent) on the offside rear of the vehicle controlled by the driver by an illuminated switch and relay which drops the circuit when the headlights are turned off and/or engine stopped. That's so they don't get forgotten by Driver Prune. If they're "on" the driver must have turned them on and so can be nailed by the cops for using them when they're not needed (BMW style Boston Boy! - your cops should nail 'em!). Same for front fog lights in UK - but none of that seems to interest our fuzz!:eek:
My guess is that Ineos have built them into that single LED cluster back light. makes me wonder whether we just get the one fog light offside and reverse light nearside. Anyone any idea?
Reverse lights appear to be on both sides.

33750B87-2870-4D6F-A833-460A7A934F14.jpeg

Hicarus

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Reverse lights appear to be on both sides.

View attachment 7802172
That's the rear view I was hunting for...... Thanks.
Looks like the stop/tail set is the twin set LEDs with reverse on the outer ring. But the bit I was hunting for is those little red bits at number plate level. They look like the rear fog lights.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:33 PM
Reaction score
That's the rear view I was hunting for...... Thanks.
Looks like the stop/tail set is the twin set LEDs with reverse on the outer ring. But the bit I was hunting for is those little red bits at number plate level. They look like the rear fog lights.
Perhaps, but to me they look like reflectors. But, we don't have rear fog lights here in the USA, aside from the occasional car imported by a returning military member.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:33 AM
Reaction score
Perhaps, but to me they look like reflectors. But, we don't have rear fog lights here in the USA, aside from the occasional car imported by a returning military member.
A long while back, but my 04 DII had rear fogs - there was a toggle switch on the dash. Not required in US, but LR did not remove the feature.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Land rovers do over here……… :/

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @Eric
You need to ask someone else - I didn't post about rear fogs being mandatory. I live in the U.S. and am not too bothered about what is or is not required in the UK 😁
Sorry, finger in the wrong place, on the phone !

Khalfan323

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
WTH is "Home and Away lighting"?
the headlights are interchangeable between right and left. Depending whether you’re in a country that drives on the right side or left side of the road, position/direction of the beam changes to avoid blinding oncoming traffic.
… I think

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:33 AM
Reaction score
perfect.
and iron floats, but only uphill

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
the headlights are interchangeable between right and left. Depending whether you’re in a country that drives on the right side or left side of the road, position/direction of the beam changes to avoid blinding oncoming traffic.
… I think
"Headlamps are sided LH and RH – not interchangeable" ~ from one of our agents in residence:

Khalfan323

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
"Headlamps are sided LH and RH – not interchangeable" ~ from one of our agents in residence:

Thanks for correction

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like they have changed the labelling on the switch for the auxiliary high beams from “Working” to “Aux”. 🙂

View attachment 7802060
That “Level” control for the Aux/Driving Lights is a fantastic feature for light control when driving in gullies and hill country.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
That “Level” control for the Aux/Driving Lights is a fantastic feature for light control when driving in gullies and hill country.
I have that feature on my 1982 Porsche 928! Adjust it according to vehicle load.
Very old school (though mine's vacuum operated)

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is it for auxiliaries though? I think it’s probably for the main headlamps to adjust when towing etc to ensure you aren’t dazzling oncoming drivers.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
bit inconvenient to have to carry a Hoover around
But - the cachet of owning a Porsche Hoover makes it worth it.
People peer in when stopped at the traffic lights and just sigh at their poorer life choices :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom