The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Auxiliary Beams/Working lamps

Local time
6:57 AM
Reaction score
Looks like you can only have the grill aux lamps on with the high beams according to Ineos . I presume from this if the switch is active they come on with the high beams. Would be interisting to have your views on this.

"They can be turned on and off in any driving situation and are not limited to off-road mode so long as the high beams are activated. However the use of the Auxiliary beams/Working lamps are strictly for off-road purposes only. Auxiliary/ working lamps might temporarily blind other road users."

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:57 PM
Reaction score
I assume you mean the driving lights?
It is certainly a legal requirement in Australia that they only come on with high beam.
As with any other extra lights you put on.
They can all switch manually but must go off when you turn off high beam.

Local time
Reaction score
I assume you mean the driving lights?
It is certainly a legal requirement in Australia that they only come on with high beam.
As with any other extra lights you put on.
They can all switch manually but must go off when you turn off high beam.
Yes Ineos just confirmed this .

Local time
Reaction score
A good set of fog lights, front and rear, would be nice, especially if their operation is separate from the headlights.

Front fogs: there are times when it is snowing super-hard that running with your parking lights and a good set of fog lights works much better than the headlights; under certain conditions, headlights just illuminate snow flying at your windshield and reduce visibility.

Rear fogs: never had these until my 2008 Audi RS4 (and later an S4). These definitely increase your visibility to drivers behind you, and are 100% street legal. An added bonus with rear-facing fog lights: these can be run when you are driving off-road in a column of vehicles in super-dusty conditions, like the fine sand of Utah, or - from what I understand, 95% of Australia - kidding folks, just kidding 😁. Kidding aside, an amber light on the back end is a pretty useful feature for some.

It would be cool if these were an accessory from Ineos, but there are - of course - aftermarket options.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:57 AM
Reaction score
A good set of fog lights, front and rear, would be nice, especially if their operation is separate from the headlights.

Front fogs: there are times when it is snowing super-hard that running with your parking lights and a good set of fog lights works much better than the headlights; under certain conditions, headlights just illuminate snow flying at your windshield and reduce visibility.

Rear fogs: never had these until my 2008 Audi RS4 (and later an S4). These definitely increase your visibility to drivers behind you, and are 100% street legal. An added bonus with rear-facing fog lights: these can be run when you are driving off-road in a column of vehicles in super-dusty conditions, like the fine sand of Utah, or - from what I understand, 95% of Australia - kidding folks, just kidding 😁. Kidding aside, an amber light on the back end is a pretty useful feature for some.

It would be cool if these were an accessory from Ineos, but there are - of course - aftermarket options.
An amber fog light at the rear? I never heard about it before. Here in Germany/Europe the fog lights are red and you are not allowed to use it if you go faster than 50 km/h. Unfortunately many drivers don’t know/care or want to use the front fog lights while turning on the back ones as well. It’s super annoying to drive behind this bright red light with light rain or fog!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Rear fog lamps must be fitted to the centre or offside rear of a vehicle for use in Great Britain. A fog lamp is a focused beam and must be fitted squarely to the rear of the vehicle.

from UK Gov website

Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, apparently people just can't be trusted to use things appropriately. I just read that Audi discontinued rear fog lights in 2018.

What they were meant for:

rear_fogs.jpg

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
WTH is "Home and Away lighting"?
Could it be delayed lights-off so you can find your way to the front door? and similarly, press the key fob and the lights come on while you are approaching the car in a gloomy car park?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Could it be delayed lights-off so you can find your way to the front door? and similarly, press the key fob and the lights come on while you are approaching the car in a gloomy car park?
If so , that's a feature that came with cars last century. Very retro!

Local time
Reaction score
Not sure how fitted rear fog lights are mandatory in the EU and UK
Hi @Eric
You need to ask someone else - I didn't post about rear fogs being mandatory. I live in the U.S. and am not too bothered about what is or is not required in the UK 😁

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
"Rear Fog lamps " might simply be a switch setting which increases the brightness output of the existing tail lamps..
Years ago I owned an Opel Calibra V6. The light switch had a "Fog" setting which operated in this manner...
On the Ineos Grenadier, it might simply entail the activation of additional LEDs in the tail light assembly...

Local time
Reaction score
"Rear Fog lamps " might simply be a switch setting which increases the brightness output of the existing tail lamps..
Years ago I owned an Opel Calibra V6. The light switch had a "Fog" setting which operated in this manner...
On the Ineos Grenadier, it might simply entail the activation of additional LEDs in the tail light assembly...
That makes a lot of sense. (y)

Local time
1:57 AM
Reaction score
An amber fog light at the rear? I never heard about it before. Here in Germany/Europe the fog lights are red and you are not allowed to use it if you go faster than 50 km/h. Unfortunately many drivers don’t know/care or want to use the front fog lights while turning on the back ones as well. It’s super annoying to drive behind this bright red light with light rain or fog!
Mini disconnected them for the US market because they said people would use the when there was no fog like BMW owners do and they did not want mini drivers to brand the car as one for a____s

Back
Top Bottom