The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Autel scan tool

Local time
8:46 PM
Reaction score
I have an Autel scan tool, that is about 5 years old. I use it for my TD5 Defender and when I had my BMW's. Just wondering on the procedure to use with the Quartermaster when it arrives. Inios is not a brand it recognizes, but it will recognize the B57 Diesel engine variant under BMW. Do I perform a general scan, or try the BMW and ZF gearbox?

Aussie Battler

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:46 AM
Reaction score
I have an Autel scan tool, that is about 5 years old. I use it for my TD5 Defender and when I had my BMW's. Just wondering on the procedure to use with the Quartermaster when it arrives. Inios is not a brand it recognizes, but it will recognize the B57 Diesel engine variant under BMW. Do I perform a general scan, or try the BMW and ZF gearbox?
I would have some doubts that it would work ,I neded to clear a fault (engine light) after I started the engine with the air cleaner plug disconected , I contacted autophix who claimed that their outback 9000 works with the grenadier ,and it does read faults but does not clear them and that seems to be for all OBD2 scanners that are compatable . My nearest dealer is over 300 klm away ,600 round trip to clear a fault . Drove it anyway and fault cleared its self after a 5 k trip after I started it again

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would have some doubts that it would work ,I neded to clear a fault (engine light) after I started the engine with the air cleaner plug disconected , I contacted autophix who claimed that their outback 9000 works with the grenadier ,and it does read faults but does not clear them and that seems to be for all OBD2 scanners that are compatable . My nearest dealer is over 300 klm away ,600 round trip to clear a fault . Drove it anyway and fault cleared its self after a 5 k trip after I started it again
Yeah, this holds true for us. Ditched the Foxwell as it won’t clear codes.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:46 PM
Reaction score
Autel does not yet support the Ineos product line. Scanning it as a BMW will not work because it has neither a BMW VIN nor a BMW computer. The engine control system may possibly be BMW, but the overall system was custom built for Ineos.

If you just need to clear codes, I have found an OBDLink MX+ from Amazon works on my US model.

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:46 PM
Reaction score
Autel does not yet support the Ineos product line. Scanning it as a BMW will not work because it has neither a BMW VIN nor a BMW computer. The engine control system may possibly be BMW, but the overall system was custom built for Ineos.

If you just need to clear codes, I have found an OBDLink MX+ from Amazon works on my US model.
@Adam Any known brands of scanners/OBD tools that have Ineos support?

I just had my first oil change (preference at 2k miles) and the service interval reminders required the scan tool interface to reset remaining miles/days/hours.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I just had my first oil change (preference at 2k miles) and the service interval reminders required the scan tool interface to reset remaining miles/days/hours.
None that do anything more than clearing codes.

Local time
Reaction score

That is kind of what I was expecting. Thanks for the reply

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Under the EU market, Autel shows IG support for its TMPS units.

Edit - MY 2023 only

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Under the EU market, Autel shows IG support for its TMPS units.

Edit - MY 2023 only
Good idea, but I tried changing my Autophix 900 to the EU region and it did not work. The Autophix had the latest firmware and I tried about 2 weeks ago.

Last edited:

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good idea, but I tried changing my Autel 900 to the EU region and it did not work. The Autel had the latest firmware and I tried about 2 weeks ago.
Same - mine can read the TPMS sensors, but cannot program them.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Anyone tried the Autophix Outback 9000? Claims to be compatible…

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone tried the Autophix Outback 9000? Claims to be compatible…

I have the Autophix 9000 and it is not compatible. Not sure if the Outback 9000 is a different model.

Mine had latest firmware. I looked for INEOS support in different regions in the device, no support in any for the INEOS.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was chatting to the INEOS tech today as I have a battery issue. He said none of the aftermarket scanners work as far as he knows. He has an Autel one and it doesn’t work. Only the dealer laptop works unfortunately.

Aussie Battler

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have the Autophix 9000 and it is not compatible. Not sure if the Outback 9000 is a different model.

Mine had latest firmware. I looked for INEOS support in different regions in the device, no support in any for the INEOS.
I spoke to autophix and the outback 9000 will do everything except clear faults

coloradosnow

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:46 PM
Reaction score
Just sent Autophix an inquiry to see what they say. May have gone to their office in China! Will share what I hear back.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I spoke to autophix and the outback 9000 will do everything except clear faults
The Outback 9000 must be a different model to the 9000 - which does not work (yet). I will also check if there is new firmware released.EDIT my 9000 has the latest firmware.

Last edited:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Outback 9000 must be a different model to the 9000 - which does not work (yet). I will also check if there is new firmware released.EDIT my 9000 has the latest firmware.
It’s faintly annoying that they’ve left that video up from the Sydney 4x4 Show reporting otherwise. The wait continues it seems.

I would’ve bet on Bosch Diagnostics being first out of the gate but no indications as yet.

Back
Top Bottom