The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

ASPW wants a Grenadier

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:22 PM
Reaction score
He's going to lose subscribers with this attitude, as nobody watches content in their free time to be talked down upon.
Exactly. And my job might at times suck , but it's an essential one. Put that in your pipe and smoke it , St Pierre.
The reality is that anyone with 2-3 grand can buy a drone , a camera & some editing software -and if they have 1/2 a brain plus the ability to entertain/educate , they can
make their own luck on You Tube , Tik Tok or wherever.
It's a competitive world now, not the niche film making market he grew up with.

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
6:22 AM
Reaction score
Exactly. And my job might at times suck , but it's an essential one. Put that in your pipe and smoke it , St Pierre.
The reality is that anyone with 2-3 grand can buy a drone , a camera & some editing software -and if they have 1/2 a brain plus the ability to entertain/educate , they can
make their own luck on You Tube , Tik Tok or wherever.
It's a competitive world now, not the niche film making market he grew up with.
You are not wrong Tazzieman, Editing software that once cost 10of thousands to purchase now comes free of charge with your Apple computer. iMovie for instance

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
You are not wrong Tazzieman, Editing software that once cost 10of thousands to purchase now comes free of charge with your Apple computer. iMovie for instance
True ; my brother was a film editor at Film Australia in the 80s/90s, and he was quick to point out quality movie making was not something an amateur could really aspire to.

painter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
He is a pain in the butt, though for some reason I still watch his content. Am I a masochist?
Well Disco, between you and me ... most certainly, yes.

In all honesty, I've watched a total of 1 of his videos. Lasted about 30 seconds. Verdict: guy talks too much.

Even deploying my usual coping tactics of watching with the mute button on, or playing it at 1.5x normal speed (for the slow talkers) I just didn't have the stomach for it.

And I say this as a guy (me) who has spent a shocking amount of decidedly unproductive time on the Internet. Straight up, years wasted. Some of it even on my own free time !!

That said, I don't doubt one could learn a thing or two from him. And he may well be a great guy to know, etc, etc.

My loss perhaps. It's just the time ... I'd need more time ...

Last edited:

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:22 AM
Reaction score
Andrew St. Pierre White is making videos about offroad adventure and offroad equipment. I saw his "what ist the Ineos Grenadier´s biggest shortcoming?". In my opinion this video was not negative. He gave his own thoughts about advantages and disadvantages. I respect his experience, but I don´t take it serious for me.
I buy a car I have never driven before. I give too much money for things I don´t really need, and I have fun with it. Life ist too short to drive bad cars, isn´t it? Andrew will get an Ineos, or he won´t - that is not a problem for me. I like this mad Andrew, my father has spoken in the same way, that maybe the point. One thing: I will not pay for his videos - I will find enough other guys with interesting videos on Youtube. And if not - then I will go outside and take a seat in my own dream, in my own grenadier. I hope it will arrive in february 2023. See You!

Local time
3:22 AM
Reaction score
At the risk of also getting taken out, I need to ask if anyone was forced to watch his videos, or if anyone paid to watch his videos and are therefore disappointed. Why the need to gang up on someone making a living in his own chosen way? Regardless of how I feel of his work, his videos, the validity of his software editing platform cost and complexity (really people??), we are still talking about someone that deserves respect like anyone else, including each of us. Will you go into any store and publicly state how deluded they are in charging you money because you happen to know they just managed to implement low cost equipment? Let's not join the crusades against the innocents, people. There are enough bad actors who thoroughly deserve our public scorn and need voices to stand up against them. A guy making videos? Not so much. We end up looking and sounding like the twitter and Facebook warriors who somehow celebrate their right to criticism of public content. If you don't like it, move on. If he mentions your name specifically and publicly in his videos and feel the need to defend or stand up for your rights publicly, then go for it, but even then.. If you decide to take me out for saying this, then so be it, I can leave this forum, I do not have to leave shouting and screaming at windmills.

I have been reading this forum daily for months now, and enjoy the content about technical matters and the various needs, desires and excitement for this vehicle. I am blessed to live in Beautiful BC, Canada and am eagerly awaiting the opportunity to test drive it, and then to drive my own. I will likely put my order in as soon as possible, I love this concept and the reason for building this. My only trepidation is that I will probably have to tell hundreds of people what it is, and that it is not a Land Rover Defender.. Maybe we should develop a simple flyer that says "Here, go read this!" :cool:

Take care

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:22 AM
Reaction score
At the risk of also getting taken out, I need to ask if anyone was forced to watch his videos, or if anyone paid to watch his videos and are therefore disappointed. Why the need to gang up on someone making a living in his own chosen way? Regardless of how I feel of his work, his videos, the validity of his software editing platform cost and complexity (really people??), we are still talking about someone that deserves respect like anyone else, including each of us. Will you go into any store and publicly state how deluded they are in charging you money because you happen to know they just managed to implement low cost equipment? Let's not join the crusades against the innocents, people. There are enough bad actors who thoroughly deserve our public scorn and need voices to stand up against them. A guy making videos? Not so much. We end up looking and sounding like the twitter and Facebook warriors who somehow celebrate their right to criticism of public content. If you don't like it, move on. If he mentions your name specifically and publicly in his videos and feel the need to defend or stand up for your rights publicly, then go for it, but even then.. If you decide to take me out for saying this, then so be it, I can leave this forum, I do not have to leave shouting and screaming at windmills.

I have been reading this forum daily for months now, and enjoy the content about technical matters and the various needs, desires and excitement for this vehicle. I am blessed to live in Beautiful BC, Canada and am eagerly awaiting the opportunity to test drive it, and then to drive my own. I will likely put my order in as soon as possible, I love this concept and the reason for building this. My only trepidation is that I will probably have to tell hundreds of people what it is, and that it is not a Land Rover Defender.. Maybe we should develop a simple flyer that says "Here, go read this!" :cool:

Take care
Fair point!

I actually really like ASPW and his videos, and I don't at all begrudge him for using Patreon to raise money for his business, after all its completely optional.

That being said his rants are grinding on the ears sometimes, and COULD have the effect of putting people off his channel, and thus harming his income. Nobody expects him to splash out on every new 4WD unveiled, but his Totoya builds of late have been astronomical in price. I don't think his channel would suffer if he spent less money on the vehicles and more time out bush, in fact I think it would be even more popular.

I Hope he gets a Grenadier and explores the intricacies of its engineering, but I'm not going to directly help him pay for it, especially when mine will burn a big enough hole in my pocket! I watch 90% of his videos as soon as they come out, and have done for a long time.

painter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
At the risk of also getting taken out, ...
No risk. Welcome to the forum from another BCer ☺

. Will you go into any store and publicly state how deluded they are in charging you money because you happen to know they just managed to implement low cost equipment?
Would the fellow in the video, analogously speaking ?

I don't watch him so don't know.

But suspect/have read he has been critical at times in his videos. So maybe some of the reaction it's just a reflection ??

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am glad to say I am here because this forum is not a Twitter or Facebook and is designed for like-minded people to express opinions that might not suit all but can be discussed rationally.
A guy making videos? Not so much.
A guy making videos? he should not even acknowledge us and why would he even bother with our opinions, there is always someone trying to pull you down and the reason you fall is acknowledging them and I feel sorry that he is falling from Grace in the way he is...this is purely my opinion... I do respect choice...happy motoring

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Take care
Like any of the social media grifters (ie who parlay audience into free products for views and therefore income) ASPW’s business model is built on attention. Attention of any sort will do, so when incomes and audience wane he doubles down on outrage. The algorithm loves some outrage. This is all on a spectrum of trolling, and while I hear that you believe it to be benign I think the opposite. People exercising public statements warrant being responded to on the measure of those statements and how they are made. Just recognise the fact that in discussing we are likely driving additional views and therefore both benefiting him, and feeding the social media beast which rewards our worst impulses.

I do appreciate the decency and humility which underpin your comment, let’s be clear. Respectful debate is the middle ground between suppression and the unruly mob.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well he keeps claiming and advertising his “independence from sponsors” so how could he in all good faith accept a Grenadier from Ineos? - Even if Ineos did want to give him one

Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:22 PM
Reaction score
Well he keeps claiming and advertising his “independence from sponsors” so how could he in all good faith accept a Grenadier from Ineos? - Even if Ineos did want to give him onez
Claire Birchenough-Dwyer's interview reported elsewhere is instructive in terms of Ineos brand building strategy ... she placed emphasis on the enthusiasm of early adopter customers. The enthusiasm of this forum seems to vindicate that approach.. I don't "do" Facebook so I can't comment on other channels. The point is the Ineos strategy as described doesn't seem to include "freebies" to generate sales interest...

Back
Top Bottom