The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Armrest ideas

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:55 PM
Reaction score
Trobex needs to post the measurements of his arms , legs and torso as it seems he has been in an accident and may need realignment.
And a 3D scan would help.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:55 PM
Reaction score
Trobex needs to post the measurements of his arms , legs and torso as it seems he has been in an accident and may need realignment.
We can discuss how much we should talk/complain about certain topics that we can not change anyway.
But stopping to mention it won’t change the facts, or will it? 🤔

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:55 AM
Reaction score
Ha! I need a realignment of my hip and lower lumber after my 3 test drives... for reasons I shall not speak here lest inflame the faithful (rose tinted).

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have driven it twice and was sitting in one last Friday.
Window sill height perfect and according to my drivers license I am 178 cms tall
Not sure what that is in feet and inches.
5'10 and a tiny bit, 1cm more than me! I am confident that a good seating position with become apparent upon ownership and extended use/testing of the seating adjustments.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m 179cm and found the sill height perfect. Wide and flat and my arm just tests naturally.
Between your footrest and armrest issues with the IG, I see a Ford Ranger in your future. 😉
Ha! Don't tempt me... given there is no ETA on my order!!! Flat arm out (pigeon wing) is BAD to drive with on the Coast.... you cannot react fast enough to avoid the clowns on the road here!!!

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looking at the picture only and not seeing it in the flesh, this idea might be a waste of time...but here we go, two round half pipes [alloy, stainless maybe plastic] joined together back to back and will fit snugly into the drink holders reaching the bottom, cut height pending on what you're going to place on top...the height would determine whether you can but should still be able to use the drink holders.

The scribble is the two halves back to back sitting in the drink holder wells and a bottle in the front well...the armrest on top may just slide up and off...there would be a way to even hinge it...

yes, that could be an option

otherwise I was thinking of a bent aluminum sheet with 4 holes to fix the bottom panel screws

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Max

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:55 PM
Reaction score
I'm sure I'll find a place to rest my elbow unlike the old Defender & my series Landy, the body origins of which were scratched in the sand of Red Wharf Bay in Anglesea in 1947 by Maurice Wilks to show his brother Spencer (Rover MD) the concept of a British 4x4.
We've just arrived back after visiting there an hour ago 😁
20230531_140801.jpg

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
For those of you who are concerned with the central armrest, the most sensible thing to do would be to do, as in many other cars that have a central chest (Cayenne), make a double cover, one at the bottom of the padded one, and on top of it, the padded with drawer guides, which allow it to move forward, it could be something like the photo that I put, Just slide it when needed, and when not return it to its place

Tapa cofre deslizante.jpg

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
after almost a month I can say that the right armrest is not needed.

Back
Top Bottom