The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Apple IOS 17.4 CarPlay update

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:22 PM
Reaction score
Hi, yesterday Apple released the latest Beta version of IOS 17.4 that contains CarPlay updates. Does anyone know if Ineos will be adding connectivity to these updates?

Here is an info link:

Thanks, John

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi, yesterday Apple released the latest Beta version of IOS 17.4 that contains CarPlay updates. Does anyone know if Ineos will be adding connectivity to these updates?

Here is an info link:

Thanks, John
I suspect that there is no retrospective upgrade to an existing informat system, in most cars, especially not the grenadier to take advantage of the full functionality of the IOS 17.4 rollout. I think that this will be for new builds or any manufacturer that has made provision for the roll out. But I suspect there will be some additional add on functions going through the ECU.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
my iphone thinks it's upto date with 17.3.1

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:22 PM
Reaction score
My CarPlay does not work, at all. The dealer had it Monday afternoon and could not resolve it. My phone connects to the Gren, I can make/receive calls, play music, but CarPlay App access does not function. The dealer kicked this up to IA and I am still waiting for an action plan.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
17.4 is still in Beta. 17.3.1 is up-to-date.
tks Krabby, what is Beta> apologies bit of a luddite (we know the Grenadier is Beta than everything else)

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
tks Krabby, what is Beta> apologies bit of a luddite (we know the Grenadier is Beta than everything else)
Beta testing with software is when a select group of people have access to and utilize something new to work out the kinks. It's often the final step before things go live to the masses. Truth be told, all of you early adopter guys have been beta testing the Grenadier for all of us!

From our good friends at Wikipedia:

"
Beta, named after the second letter of the Greek alphabet, is the software development phase following alpha. Software in the beta stage is also known as beta ware.[7] A beta phase generally begins when the software is feature-complete but likely to contain several known or unknown bugs.[8] Software in the beta phase will generally have many more bugs in it than completed software and speed or performance issues, and may still cause crashes or data loss. The focus of beta testing is reducing impacts on users, often incorporating usability testing. The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release and is typically the first time that the software is available outside of the organization that developed it. Software beta releases can be either open or closed, depending on whether they are openly available or only available to a limited audience. Beta version software is often useful for demonstrations and previews within an organization and to prospective customers. Some developers refer to this stage as a preview, preview release, prototype, technical preview or technology preview (TP),[9] or early access.

Beta testers are people who actively report issues with beta software. They are usually customers or representatives of prospective customers of the organization that develops the software. Beta testers tend to volunteer their services free of charge but often receive versions of the product they test, discounts on the release version, or other incentives.[10][11]"

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My CarPlay does not work, at all. The dealer had it Monday afternoon and could not resolve it. My phone connects to the Gren, I can make/receive calls, play music, but CarPlay App access does not function. The dealer kicked this up to IA and I am still waiting for an action plan.
Sucks you’re still dealing with this. I had a similar issue with my phone and the loaner yesterday and this morning. Rebooted my phone and connects again. I know you tried this already. That sucks.

Khalfan323

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Make sure both Bluetooth and wifi are on on your iPhone. Then press and hold the voice command button on the steering wheel while you have the CarPlay screen on your phone. That should instigate the connection.
If that doesn’t work, on your car settings, make sure the wireless connectivity function is ticked on.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Make sure both Bluetooth and wifi are on on your iPhone. Then press and hold the voice command button on the steering wheel while you have the CarPlay screen on your phone. That should instigate the connection.
If that doesn’t work, on your car settings, make sure the wireless connectivity function is ticked on.
Thanks, but it is a confirmed dead CarPlay connection. The dealer could not get any iOS phone to connect. Neither could I. We’ll see what IA comes up with…

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks, but it is a confirmed dead CarPlay connection. The dealer could not get any iOS phone to connect. Neither could I. We’ll see what IA comes up with…
Have you tried doing a hard reset on your Iphone, (not just turning it off and on again), I had the same issue not long after getting the Grenadier and this resolved it.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity if you can " find a friend " with an android phone. Connect that by hard wire via the " c" port and see if the android play screen comes on. Don't know what it means if it comes on, but if it doesn't that does point to the head unit.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:22 PM
Reaction score
Not Apple but Android: Doesn't work at all with my Grenadier, SW ...1946, VIN above ...5900.

Android Version: 14
Smartphone: Google Pixel 7

More than Google and Android 14 is with respect to compatibility hardly possible. That smells a lot like another INEOS incompetence. Even if they did not write the software - it's finally their product.

Imagine a Volkswagen or Merc encountered such problems: Nobody would have any mercy on the car maker, no matter who did the programming.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not Apple but Android: Doesn't work at all with my Grenadier, SW ...1946, VIN above ...5900.

Android Version: 14
Smartphone: Google Pixel 7

More than Google and Android 14 is with respect to compatibility hardly possible. That smells a lot like another INEOS incompetence. Even if they did not write the software - it's finally their product.

Imagine a Volkswagen or Merc encountered such problems: Nobody would have any mercy on the car maker, no matter who did the programming.
I'm on 1946 software, vin above 7600, android 14, on Samsung, and no issues.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:22 PM
Reaction score

Mdubs

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So here’s a question about CarPlay. In my truck it connects perfectly every time. When both my wife and I are in the truck with our phones it will connect to her phone. The “Device” tab on the main menu is replaced by “Apple CarPlay”. I can’t figure out a way to be able to switch from her phone to mine once hers has connected. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom