The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Apple IOS 17.4 CarPlay update

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:53 PM
Reaction score
My iphone connects to the Gren everytime wirelessly when I start the car. However, if I leave the vicinity of the car while it's running and then return the Apple carplay is lost. Anyone know a quick way of reconnecting other than turning the phone on/off. I've tried toggling bluetooth and wifi on/off and also plugging the cable in but it doesn't seem to work. I think the phone or the car still think they are connected but not showing as such.
On the touch screen just go to the connectivity section (I think that's what its called) and then 'connect phone' find the required phone and hit the car play symbol, not the bluetooth symbol. You can also have your maps running off one phone and listen to music from another if the map one is on car play and the other is on bluetooth. That's whatI have noticed anyway. Thats with iPhones.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:53 PM
Reaction score
On the touch screen just go to the connectivity section (I think that's what its called) and then 'connect phone' find the required phone and hit the car play symbol, not the bluetooth symbol. You can also have your maps running off one phone and listen to music from another if the map one is on car play and the other is on bluetooth. That's whatI have noticed anyway. Thats with iPhones.
Someday, I too will have these features :(

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Multiple Grenadier and iPhone resets, still no CarPlay. My dealer has not had success with the IA supplied USB sticks either and indicated there are other affected vehicles besides mine. I called IA and opened a case directly, explaining the dealer has been responsive and attempted to resolve the issue with no success. IA called back on 8-March with detailed questions, so let's see how long until my infotainment system gets fixed.
A long shot I know but are you running an upto date IOS on your phone, I presume you have done a software update on your phone. Have you got a friend with an android phone and checked that for full connectivity

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A long shot I know but are you running an upto date IOS on your phone, I presume you have done a software update on your phone. Have you got a friend with an android phone and checked that for full connectivity
Yes, latest iOS software. I never plan to use Android - CarPlay should be operational.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, latest iOS software. I never plan to use Android - CarPlay should be operational.
Yes I understand that you are with CarPlay but I wondered if the same fault was there with android as well. It could help IA with a diagnostic solution if both systems were impacted

donnygreygrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been covered (have not read the entire thread). Have you checked the signal strength coming from the Grenadier? There are several iPhone apps that will allow you to scan for Bluetooth BLE devices. It might be worth a try to determine if the Grenadier Bluetooth radio is sending a signal.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So my CarPlay failed today. Even after restarting the car, phone, etc. weird thing was that using Waze or Apple Maps the phone thought it was connected and would only show the turn by turn directions and not the map.

Eventually after resetting the phone and the communication settings I was able to get it working again.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:53 PM
Reaction score
After a month of excellent performance, now CarPlay does not work. I've reset parameters, forgot all devices and started a new bluetooth setup. It pairs and shows the iPhone. But no CarPlay. Perhaps I don't know the secret handshake?

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In for the NA hitch and software update today. Both my dealer and Ineos have said this should fix my non-functional CarPlay.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Stopped in to RDS for the Hitch install and software update and happy to report a complete success! My Gren has been particularly stubborn with regard to CarPlay. Previous software solutions did nothing, but this latest update did the trick.

It may seem trivial, and locally I don’t need it, but for longer trips, or destination unknown type of travel, having infotainment access to Nav Apps is super nice!

Thank you RDS and thank you Ineos.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That’s good to hear. How long did it take to install (re-install😂) the hitch?

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Stopped in to RDS for the Hitch install and software update and happy to report a complete success! My Gren has been particularly stubborn with regard to CarPlay. Previous software solutions did nothing, but this latest update did the trick.

It may seem trivial, and locally I don’t need it, but for longer trips, or destination unknown type of travel, having infotainment access to Nav Apps is super nice!

Thank you RDS and thank you Ineos.
Non trivial - I find myself using the GPS for more than just directions - primarily traffic and speed trap avoidance.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s the little things🤙🤙😁

Back
Top Bottom