The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Another UK Grenadier has arrived

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:19 PM
Reaction score
You know that Porsche (for sure in the past, I don't know at the present) mounted the Porsche shield in the pneumatic rims with the tip oriented towards the valve... That was attention to detail...
I'm not renewing my m'ship of the local club this year for several reasons. But I have enjoyed pointing out the shield rotational malalignment to quite a rew members at events/ car shows, and slowly walking away.
I know it's dickhead behaviour , but some people take themselves too seriously, and need a bit of stirring 😁

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Could someone please explain me foreigner whether „it’s arrived“ is correct English.
Yes... it is correct (= acceptable) English usage

"It's arrived" is the written form of the spoken shortened form for "it has arrived" the apostrophe between the t and the s signifies the 'missing' letters 'h' and 'a'.

Another example... instead of saying "It is not a good idea to dwell on the RHD footwell" the words "It is" are shortened in everyday speech to "It's not a good idea...." and so written accordingly
Hope this helps! ;)

EDIT: In a similar way... examples "they had just arrived when..." might be spoken as "they'd just arrived when..." ; "I would like to see that!" becomes "I'd like to see that"... etc

Last edited:

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:19 AM
Reaction score
Pretty standard best practice with bicycle tyres is to make sure the lettering is closest to the valve when fitting.
Actually, you centered the lettering to the valve. My dad was stickler about where we mounted tires in relation to the valve. We even built wheels a certain way where the hub lettering matched the rim lettering.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Actually, you centered the lettering to the valve. My dad was stickler about where we mounted tires in relation to the valve. We even built wheels a certain way where the hub lettering matched the rim lettering.
Did you balance them as well, or is that a touch too ocd?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:19 AM
Reaction score
That would be because the spare is reverse mounted to allow for storage. 🙂
That would be because the spare is reverse mounted to allow for storage. 🙂

Well spotted and pointed out sir

However

You forgot to take into account I had already thought of that !!!
(Slowly walks away)

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:19 PM
Reaction score
I see it has white lettering out on the tyres. My dealer actually asked me which way round I wanted them last week, which I was impressed with.
Because he had nothing else to do with his time during the BIG wait.............

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You know that Porsche (for sure in the past, I don't know at the present) mounted the Porsche shield in the pneumatic rims with the tip oriented towards the valve... That was attention to detail... But, I don't think that is the right spirit of a Grenadier...
I think I'd prefer them to take notice of:
What-Is-The-Difference-Between-Red-Dots-Yellow-Dots-on-Tyres.png

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Had heard they will change and recharge Ineos the cost.
I'm going to quote you with my agent if they're the wrong way round. 😉

I'm just not sure at the moment which way is the wrong way...

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:19 AM
Reaction score

The Pittsburgh Steelers have a logo on just one side of their helmet because they wanted to try it out before committing. They then had some success and decided to leave it that way; they’re the only NFL team with a ”1-sided” helmet design.

So, have one side of the car with the white letters out, and the other side without. Best of both worlds 🤣

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Off road tyres OWL. Road tyres it's a no no

Back
Top Bottom