The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

An longer test drive

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:30 PM
Reaction score
This video is from Romania. For me, first 27 minutes are not interesting due to the language. But then they talk english to the driver.

He made an interesting comment about the minimum hard to change extras one should really order ex factory.

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:30 PM
Reaction score
A good on road test drive.
Pretty rough roads but the driver seems really honest and genuine. 
I like where he said he has ordered one for himself.
Yes very interesting his comments about the must order from the factory particularly the wiring loom and then he says it will be difficult to add wiring later on. 
Interesting also that he says the turning circle is very good, for that type of vehicle. 

HT

Production/Transit
Local time
7:30 AM
Reaction score
Hell of a lota’ rattles in that prototype - surely that’ll all be ironed out before delivery

Local time
Reaction score
As I am 6'5"/196cm with a longer torso, this video makes me worry about headroom, sight lines and ergonomics. These are all deal breakers for me.

I don't know if this prototype's seats were fully or even partially adjustable. In some shots, the driver's eyes appear to be level with the top edge of the door, and his head seems almost parallel to the B pillar. Depending on how the headliner around the front door is moulded, and shoulder room, a simple lateral jolt could lead a taller driver to hit its head.

The released spec sheets mention a 'Maximum front headroom of 1001mm'. Is this with or without safari windows?

I'm going to the Toronto stop of the 2b prototype tour next week. I hope I'll be able to play with the seats and find an acceptable driving position!

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:30 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Article241 userid=8899908 postid=1332725425]As I am 6'5"/196cm with a longer torso, this video makes me worry about headroom, sight lines and ergonomics. These are all deal breakers for me.

I don't know if this prototype's seats were fully or even partially adjustable. In some shots, the driver's eyes appear to be level with the top edge of the door, and his head seems almost parallel to the B pillar. Depending on how the headliner around the front door is moulded, and shoulder room, a simple lateral jolt could lead a taller driver to hit its head.

The released spec sheets mention a 'Maximum front headroom of 1001mm'. Is this with or without safari windows?

I'm going to the Toronto stop of the 2b prototype tour next week. I hope I'll be able to play with the seats and find an acceptable driving position!

[/QUOTE]

The front seats in the prototype I sat in were adjustable up & down. There was a mechanical lever on the side that you could pump up or down to raise or lower the seat.

I think the front seats would be OK for you at 1.95m.

However, the back seats are not so adjustable and sit much higher.  I am guessing your eye line would  be above to top of the window - meaning you would probably have to bend your head to see out.

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the precision, Mark. As long as I can fit comfortably in the front seats, I'll be happy.

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
A very informative clip and a very pleasant test driver who explains everything very well. I almost think I drove the round with him in Cologne.

Local time
4:30 AM
Reaction score
watching this I worry about after market lockers (30 minute mark). How the hell do you set up the cancel ABS etc. Is it in the switch?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Henry Trotter  HT userid=8983233 postid=1332716294]Hell of a lota’ rattles in that prototype - surely that’ll all be ironed out before delivery[/QUOTE]
Hi, I got the impression from the "English language" section of the video that the occupants were saying how free from rattles the vehicle was. This reflected my own drive day experience (held at a 4wd 'adventure park' ) in that  the prototype was surprisingly quiet as far as rattles were concerned, especially on a stretch of corrugated rock strewn clay track... there were none!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Michael Kennedy  mkennedy009 userid=8949828 postid=1332766417]watching this I worry about after market lockers (30 minute mark). How the hell do you set up the cancel ABS etc. Is it in the switch?[/QUOTE]  I had to replay that section a couple of times... seems that the ABS and traction control are  disengaged when the "off-road" switch in the overhead panel is activated.... I have experienced other vehicles where the ABS was automatically re-calibrated when the computer "sensed" the vehicle was on gravel type surfaces and operated accordingly...
I guess the lesson from the video is not to travel at an unsafe speed in a 3 tonne truck on unsealed road surfaces!?

Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if after extensive feedback from early buyers, and IG's own continuing engineering development,  that there will be a series of firmware updates in due course through the agent/dealers fine-tuning the systems...

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
11:30 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Michael Kennedy  mkennedy009 userid=8949828 postid=1332766417]watching this I worry about after market lockers (30 minute mark). How the hell do you set up the cancel ABS etc. Is it in the switch?[/QUOTE]

Good question. This is why it’s beneficial to get ‘mods’ or I guess ‘options’ from the factory rather than in the aftermarket. I’ve modded vehicles in the past with both good and bad results. Now I appreciate how Jeep and Ford are offering what used to be aftermarket mods direct from factory (larger tires, right-sized gears for those tires, lockers, suspension lifts). I’ll be ordering the lockers for the G even though i would not opt for Eaton lockers if it were my choice. 

Back
Top Bottom