The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Air Conditioning (AC) not working properly / loosing gas

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:49 AM
Reaction score
Something is very wrong with their A/C system and or supplier.
Something that struck me with regard to the large power cables under the rear seats was that near identical cables had labels on from 3 separate suppliers.

The diseconomies of scale must only be offset by a real scrabble to get parts at almost any cost from nearly any supplier with stock.

Maybe there are consequences with regard to quality?

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's very frustrating, hope you get it fixed for good asap.
A lot of time wasted.

Which hose is it that has failed twice, any description/part no? - looks like same/not same pipe as Jean's and Alvan's?
Am pretty sure it's the same one circled above.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:49 PM
Reaction score
Something that struck me with regard to the large power cables under the rear seats was that near identical cables had labels on from 3 separate suppliers.

The diseconomies of scale must only be offset by a real scrabble to get parts at almost any cost from nearly any supplier with stock.

I assume they have a supply contract with someone for cable that meets certain specifications and approvals.
That would not necessarily include a particular brand.

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:49 AM
Reaction score

It doesn't seem like a diseconomy to me, in the case of non-complex parts such as a high-power cable (copper braid or similar, insulating sheath and simple connectors...). It has always been done, in similar cases, to turn to different suppliers, to be sure of always having the supply, especially in these times of scarcity of supplies...

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As I said in another post, Ineos solved the problem BY SENDING DIRECTLY BY AIR, the technical manager for Italy and one of his technicians from Duesseldorf. It was the pressure sensor on a pipe, with a bad weld. Just finished the repair, everything perfect. Positive complete road test also carried out...

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer Hedin is as always "very proactive" with communication :devilish: , excuse my sarcasm.

I told them by e-mail that I had postponed my departure to Hungary with one week and asked feedback on the delivery of my low pressure airco pipe.

Answer: "yes, the airco pipe was delivered this week, when can you come?"
Me: "tomorrow or the day after"
They: "not possible, the soonest is August 18 due to a busy work schedule"
Me: "not possible: I will be in Hungary then"

What if I hadn't asked? Would they ever have warned me? :mad:
But I am happy, my airco will probably work in winter 🥶

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:49 PM
Reaction score
My dealer Hedin is as always "very proactive" with communication :devilish: , excuse my sarcasm.

I told them by e-mail that I had postponed my departure to Hungary with one week and asked feedback on the delivery of my low pressure airco pipe.

You are a patient man
If it was me the manager of Hedin would be waking up at 2 am to find me standing over his bed and to the sound of a beautifully polished mechanism of my revolver being cocked.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:49 AM
Reaction score

Seriously? That’s terrible. I know you’re not too far from your dealer - are there any other options?

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Hedin, need to reconfigure their priorities. The bad publicity they are earning by treating their customers this way is not acceptable.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To be fair Hedin have not been all bad. They sorted @nickelnoff out with a replacement vehicle the other day so he could continue his holidays after a steering fault.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To be fair Hedin have not been all bad. They sorted @nickelnoff out with a replacement vehicle the other day so he could continue his holidays after a steering fault.
That was Hedin Switzerland 🇨🇭, indeed same company, and I saw the nickelnoff problem, fantastic help of course. Perhaps I should hope to be stuck in the middle of nowhere too? ;)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It doesn't seem like a diseconomy to me, in the case of non-complex parts such as a high-power cable (copper braid or similar, insulating sheath and simple connectors...). It has always been done, in similar cases, to turn to different suppliers, to be sure of always having the supply, especially in these times of scarcity of supplies...
Yes, I'd understand that for the likes of the majors who may be ordering in multiples of 10,000 at a time or per call off.

However, I don't think I'd be splitting the total supply of 5,000 over 10 months - 500 a month over multiple suppliers. I'd expect the suppliers to have minimum order quantities that demand higher volume or added quite a premium on the cost.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Seriously? That’s terrible. I know you’re not too far from your dealer - are there any other options?
Well, that's not terrible at all for me, because I hate airco, seldom use it when on my own: I have windows and (leaking) safari roofs.

But ... I sometimes have passengers and my wife.

Options? Car in warranty! Hedin has to solve. Pissed of I am, yes for sure.

And some unanswered "other" questions and concerns to Hedin/Ineos, nothing critical. But no answers.

I sometimes get answers when I go on location.

They are polite and friendly :unsure:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That was Hedin Switzerland 🇨🇭, indeed same company, and I saw the nickelnoff problem, fantastic help of course. Perhaps I should hope to be stuck in the middle of nowhere too? ;)
If you were lucky they could give you their "Sound of Music" limited edition demo vehicle as a courtesy car:
Screenshot_20230821_072729.jpg

Last edited:

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That looks like the same issue as the one in the first post of this thread:
Thread 'Air Conditioning (AC) not working properly / loosing gas' https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/air-conditioning-ac-not-working-properly-loosing-gas.12412525/
Yep same issue.
Many thanks to the forum as I did remember seeing that and checking before I reported it to the dealer last nught

Got it fixed :) all within 24 hours drove to the dealer, got their demo car and they then returned my car back to me. Well done Heritage Gloucester. I live about an hour away and could not wait there all day so a great solution with the demo car, I would rather of not had to drive there and back but better than waiting for them to be able to pick it up. I don't know when they could have done that but probably not this week, to be fair i did not ask just keen to get it there and fixed. I also got to test the petrol one for the day. It's faster and thirstier.... Prefer the Diesel overall. Still waiting for my free brolly!

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My air-conditioning was working fine on collection but now there appears to be know temperature change when it's switched on. I have looked around for any loose hoses but I can't see anything and the aluminium welds appear fine. Is there anything else I should look out for before raising it with my Ineos dealer? Also what is the black header box with a screw top close to the firewall on the right hand side of the engine bay? Amy help would be appreciated. Thanks LoidsIMG20230906182841.jpg

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:49 AM
Reaction score
Also what is the black header box with a screw top close to the firewall on the right hand side of the engine bay? Amy help would be appreciated. Thanks Loids
Low(er) temp coolant system

Back
Top Bottom