The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Air Conditioning (AC) not working properly / loosing gas

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:46 AM
Reaction score
It seems @BAS-Remaps has had the issue a number of forum owners have mentioned of it not blowing nearly as cold as would have been expected; and others have mentioned a loose nut leading to a re-gas being required.

He tracked it down to this:
Screenshot_20230619_192741.jpgFB_IMG_1687197236022.jpg
301EF84C-3A51-4532-9387-3363F35C1428.jpeg

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As I understand it yes, it's that bolt.

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mixed feelings today. 2 hour round trip to my agent to get accessories fitted and a/c fixed after waiting seven weeks. Accessories fitted (except roof bars - no date yet for those) but the a/c could not be fixed due to the discovery of a small hole in a hose. Apparently a clip had dislodged/failed and rubbed against the hose causing the small hole. The agent has ordered the parts from INEOS. So after 7 weeks in the baking heat still no A/C :(

On the plus side I now have side runners, cargo barrier, divider, and tow ball.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mixed feelings today. 2 hour round trip to my agent to get accessories fitted and a/c fixed after waiting seven weeks. Accessories fitted (except roof bars - no date yet for those) but the a/c could not be fixed due to the discovery of a small hole in a hose. Apparently a clip had dislodged/failed and rubbed against the hose causing the small hole. The agent has ordered the parts from INEOS. So after 7 weeks in the baking heat still no A/C :(

On the plus side I now have side runners, cargo barrier, divider, and tow ball.
You'd think these hoses would be universal sizes and cut to length if required rather than wait indefinitely for Ineos to plug the gap - so to speak.

Obviously, looking blind at this.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
the a/c could not be fixed due to the discovery of a small hole in a hose. Apparently a clip had dislodged/failed and rubbed against the hose causing the small hole.
Can you post up some photos of where the hole is and which clip had dislodged/failed?

Wouldn't mind seeing the cargo barrier divider; and if yours is a Belstaff edition then a few close ups of the brackets that attach the cargo barrier to the vehicle sides. 🙏

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Two hoses should never rub together......I'm a strong believer in that, but each to their own.
We all know that. But this is about the 5th post in a week people have posted about rubbing houses, holes in some etc. I am planning to do a 18,000km trip in my Gren... I'm thinking I'll apply two rolls to make sure!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:46 PM
Reaction score
We all know that. But this is about the 5th post in a week people have posted about rubbing houses, holes in some etc. I am planning to do a 18,000km trip in my Gren... I'm thinking I'll apply two rolls to make sure!
I think you should google two men rubbing hoses for a cure to this problem.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think you should google two men rubbing hoses for a cure to this problem.
Oh, I know what he means - I can only assume he has not tried and so does not like it (in theory right!?). 🤭

Local time
3:46 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of any other AC issues? Or same issue occurring again. AC issues would be a deal breaker if my wife finds out.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:46 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of any other AC issues? Or same issue occurring again. AC issues would be a deal breaker if my wife finds out.
I'm pretty sure it would have been added to this thread if there were other issues... Luckily for those of us the US, we still have a few months before production begins for any of these simply little fixes to get ironed out

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
How is this a deal breaker?

IF your vehicle had any issues with the a/c (and it’s not every vehicle so why assume you would) you’d drop it in for a warranty fix the same as if it was any other brand, it would be fixed and you’d get on with your life. Yes an inconvenience, but hardly a reason not to buy one.

When engines start dropping out of the bottom of IG’s you might have an argument.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I'd be more concerned if my wife stopped working properly and was losing gas , but it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
How is this a deal breaker?

IF your vehicle had any issues with the a/c (and it’s not every vehicle so why assume you would) you’d drop it in for a warranty fix the same as if it was any other brand, it would be fixed and you’d get on with your life. Yes an inconvenience, but hardly a reason not to buy one.

When engines start dropping out of the bottom of IG’s you might have an argument.
I heard someone had dirty footprints on the floor mat in the back seat.
If that happened to mine it would be a deal breaker.
I would cancel my order and send the vehicle back to Ineos demanding a refund.
Just to prove how pissed off I was I would send it all the way back to the factory at my own expense!!!!
That would show them.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Why can no one anywhere on the internet understand the difference between lose and loose, loosing and losing? (Not a personal attack and not normally a spelling/grammer nazi, but it’s so widespread as to be mind boggling.) 😄

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Why can no one anywhere on the internet understand the difference between lose and loose, loosing and losing? (Not a personal attack and not normally a spelling/grammer nazi, but it’s so widespread as to be mind boggling.) 😄
Their their mate, there probably wondering if they’re spelling of other words is deficient as well.

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:46 AM
Reaction score
You'd think these hoses would be universal sizes and cut to length if required rather than wait indefinitely for Ineos to plug the gap - so to speak.

Obviously, looking blind at this.
While the hoses may be of a standard size and can be cut to length, sourcing the required connectors is often an issue (regrettably).

Back
Top Bottom