The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

AC / heat in rear seat

travelerBT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:54 AM
Reaction score
Less than 500 miles on my trialmaster. Driving today and it got warm so flipped the aC on… not very cold air in front and vents in back seat were blowing hot (really hot) air. Is there a chance that the AC wasn’t charged before I picked it up? My dealership is 2 hours away so I can’t just drop it off…. Any advice would be much appreciated!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:54 AM
Reaction score
Less than 500 miles on my trialmaster. Driving today and it got warm so flipped the aC on… not very cold air in front and vents in back seat were blowing hot (really hot) air. Is there a chance that the AC wasn’t charged before I picked it up? My dealership is 2 hours away so I can’t just drop it off…. Any advice would be much appreciated!
They don't charge it at the dealer before delivery, the refrigerant is filled at the factory; with that being said, it is a possibility that it wasn't filled, however, a more likely scenario would be that a leak is present somewhere in the system.

Only 2 hours away from the dealer is actually a pretty short distance for much of the country, and if you'd like it handled under warranty, that's the route you'll have to take

AMD66

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:54 AM
Reaction score
I believe a few have been delivered not fully filled from the factory and as anand said some have had leaks. Mine was not filled fully from factory. Worth a trip back to dealer either way as needs sorting. Hopefully just a refill.

Reactions: PBD

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:54 PM
Reaction score
I had the same problem earlier in the year. Switching the car off for a few minutes solved the problem. Subsequent to this, we have been having very hot weather, greater than 40° for over a week and the air conditioning has worked perfectly. I suspect the issue is not so much gas levels, but a random software bug turning the heater on to full heat. I have flagged it with the dealer and the feedback from Ineos Australia is they have seen something similar and it may be software related.

Cheers
Steve

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I should add to this thread, to anyone having issues (of any kind), as inconvenient is it may be, let your dealer know about any issues you may observe. The dealer can then let Ineos know, and fixes can be made. I'm a person that is all about fixing it myself instead of dealing with a dealership. But on a vehicle like this (being a new company), if the feedback doesn't get back to Ineos the fixes are never implemented; and as convenient as it would be if there was a way to turn a post (or a search) into direct feedback to Ineos Automotive, that isn't the route.

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:54 AM
Reaction score
I found that the diagprgms were more functional at speed to open and close the doros for the definition of heat and cool. Once I got it up to about 50 (the very first time) I could hear the doors release and then all was well and has been since. Mine did not require any additional charge.

IGL

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:54 AM
Reaction score
Hi Gui, today with about 550km/340mi on the ODO the same in my Gren. After a short lunch break and continuing the tour everything seems fine, cool air in the back. Very odd. I'll definitely report this to my agent. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this was a one-off experience... 🤞

Dr. John

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Amongst a myriad of trivial problems, the heating on my Trialmaster would blow hot, then cool, every few minutes, regardless of settings. The air con was totally ineffective. To correct other faults my car has had three software upgrades in as many months. I think the dealer didn’t know what else to do and this did correct spurious warning lights. I finally lost patience and wrote a strong, reasoned letter to the dealer. They forwarded it to Ineos UK who sent a very knowledgeable boffin to have a look.
1. The air con needed recharging (most aren’t full when leaving the factory).
2. There was a massive airlock in the water circuit which hadn’t been completely filled (again a common problem).
3. In addition I’d had a failure of both front and back diff locks when I really needed them in Scottish mud. The consensus was user error, although I disagree. The Ineos man was very polite, went through the operating sequence, and the problem hasn’t recurred.

AMD66

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
………
1. The air con needed recharging (most aren’t full when leaving the factory).
2. There was a massive airlock in the water circuit which hadn’t been completely filled (again a common problem)……..
My air con was poor when I collected my vehicle……..this is exactly what I was told and was the fix. Air con works now, in its own Grenadier sort of way….👍

travelerBT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:54 AM
Reaction score
Update: it just fixed itself. Donno what happened but it hasn’t happened since.

camshaft6au

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:54 PM
Reaction score
Had our Grenadier 4 months now, air con has now failed 42 times now with exact same problem.
It randomly decides to open heat flap resulting in piping hot air to back vents and a mix of aircon and hot air to the front. No adjustments resolve it. The only resolution in to stop the car , switch off, lock walk away for 20 minutes and come back. Mostly it works, but sometimes it stays the same.
Brisbane dealer says waiting on new aircon hose., so far 2 months---
Seems more like a software issue applying heat flap.
Has anyone had the same issue? If so, has it been rectified.
With ambient temps in Queensland 27 to 35 deg the vehicle is sometimes undrivable.

gkhaldi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:54 AM
Reaction score
Had our Grenadier 4 months now, air con has now failed 42 times now with exact same problem.
It randomly decides to open heat flap resulting in piping hot air to back vents and a mix of aircon and hot air to the front. No adjustments resolve it. The only resolution in to stop the car , switch off, lock walk away for 20 minutes and come back. Mostly it works, but sometimes it stays the same.
With ambient temps in Queensland 27 to 35 deg the vehicle is sometimes undrivable.

Exact same problem here for the last 6 months. Before the last software update in December’23, the airco worked fine (if not leaking gas 😉). After the update; heating doesn’t make sense, it’s all over the place like heating in the back and not in the front, and now with better weather out, cooling behaves very similar, no cold out of front vents but cold in the back.

For me it’s clearly a software issue but it seems Ineos is unable to reprogram it. Got a new appointment at the dealer beginning May….so we will see 🤪

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Hi @camshaft6au Yes, this is a software issue. Turning off the ignition, waiting a little and restarting usually helps. Ineos is aware of the issue and is supposedly working on it.

Back
Top Bottom