The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

AC / heat in rear seat

Kevin Mokracek

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:06 AM
Reaction score
This is exactly the right approach. I also posted this at some point last summer. I always control my heating and air conditioning in combination with the Auto button. Then the temperature can be adjusted from very cold to hot. It is important that Auto, the air conditioning button and the rotary control are always seen as a single function. That's why I generally have no problems with the system.
When I hit the Auto function button it turns the fan up all the way to high which is too much and too loud. If I try turning the fan speed down while in Auto function it turns everything off. Also while in Auto function using the temperature control turns the whole system off. I’m sure that’s not what is supposed to happen.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:06 AM
Reaction score
When I hit the Auto function button it turns the fan up all the way to high which is too much and too loud. If I try turning the fan speed down while in Auto function it turns everything off. Also while in Auto function using the temperature control turns the whole system off. I’m sure that’s not what is supposed to happen.
Do you have the latest 1946 software?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have no idea if I do. I took it in to get the trailer hitch installed about a month ago and they did a software update for that but it dint change HVAC problems.
First check the vehicle menu to make sure you have the 1946 version. Switch off the climate control button. Then use the rotary knob to select the temperature you want to feel (e.g. 23 degrees C). Then press the auto button. Depending on the previous interior temperature, the air conditioning may switch on automatically and the fans may blow strongly. However, this should subside over time. If the temperature is almost the same, the fans should turn normally.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
MY24 vehicles use different firmware revisions, so 1946 doesn't apply to the newer vehicles
I didn't know that. Thanks for the clarification.

Grapa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Had our Grenadier 4 months now, air con has now failed 42 times now with exact same problem.
It randomly decides to open heat flap resulting in piping hot air to back vents and a mix of aircon and hot air to the front. No adjustments resolve it. The only resolution in to stop the car , switch off, lock walk away for 20 minutes and come back. Mostly it works, but sometimes it stays the same.
Brisbane dealer says waiting on new aircon hose., so far 2 months---
Seems more like a software issue applying heat flap.
Has anyone had the same issue? If so, has it been rectified.
With ambient temps in Queensland 27 to 35 deg the vehicle is sometimes undrivable.

yes, exactly as you describe it. Mine was blowing hot burning in the back vents and kind of cooler on the front..... stop the car, lock it went for a light coffee and then it was fixed by itself..wtf happen.. no idea but now in mid cold it works perfectly. same happened with the tire sensors and temp gauge.... is like a the grenadier is moody

samnt650

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
yes, exactly as you describe it. Mine was blowing hot burning in the back vents and kind of cooler on the front..... stop the car, lock it went for a light coffee and then it was fixed by itself..wtf happen.. no idea but now in mid cold it works perfectly. same happened with the tire sensors and temp gauge.... is like a the grenadier is moody
I have identical problem with my air con.. cooler air with the two front side vent. front center vent is slightly warmer. rear vent blow hot air... time to complain to the dealer...

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos, FTLOG, please make the HVAC controls a simple, mechanically operated system in the next refresh:
I recognize by Discovery dials in the first photo 😻 ! 28 yrs and still incredibly accurate!!☺️ I dislike "electronic" systems as I don't get it when the heat is on and cold air blows! I think the "G" system has a mind reading component - on a long drive today with highs 90F and was thinking doesn't feel like very cool air blowing and suddenly I had cold air. This vehicle is possessed!! Love her :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

samnt650

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a way to disable the hot water flow the the heater core? I am talking about "low tech" like unplug a valve electrical connector....

dreamalaska

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:06 AM
Reaction score
I recognize by Discovery dials in the first photo 😻 ! 28 yrs and still incredibly accurate!!☺️ I dislike "electronic" systems as I don't get it when the heat is on and cold air blows! I think the "G" system has a mind reading component - on a long drive today with highs 90F and was thinking doesn't feel like very cool air blowing and suddenly I had cold air. This vehicle is possessed!! Love her :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I understand people wanting automated electronic gizmos run by a computer chip attached to every single thing in a modern vehicle, and Ineos wanting to meet that desire, especially at the current asking price. But what I was hoping Ineos would have done is to have a “stupidly simple” base model without all of that and instead offer the techno wizardry in an upgraded option package. Or better yet, offer every single item as an option. These “take it all or leave it all” packages I know are much more cost effective for the volume manufacturers, but I’d be willing to pay MORE without all of the “luxury” extras that I don’t want or need in THIS vehicle.

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:06 AM
Reaction score
Have also been having aircon issues ie, hot air from all vents, cold at front hot at rear etc, even after the major software update. The aircon was recently re-gassed which has improved performance, but there is still regularly hot air from the rear vents, even one occasion with hot air from the left rear vent and cold air from the right rear vent (didn't know it could do this) Like may I find it works more reliably on auto. If there is an issue, turning the temperature all the way down to low and letting it blast for a minute before turning it back up seems to help reset the rear vents, sometimes. It is nice the times it just works though (y).

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:06 AM
Reaction score
My systems went haywire again this morning, with the aircon very confused about what the temperature should be (regardless of any attempts to encourage it to work) and the engine cooling systems blowing a gale (the radiator fans were screaming). This happened just after starting on a cool 13 degree (celsius) morning driving only a few minutes in light traffic. When this happens the start-stop function also stops working (probably due to the radiator fans drawing so much current). Even if I pull over, stop and turn the engine off, the radiator fans keep screaming.

It’s like there is a glitch in the software, or information from one or more sensors confuses it, creating a loop that it can’t break out of, so it just goes into some sort of engine protection default.

Usually, after about 20-30 minutes of uncomfortable driving it seems to reset, the radiator fans finally calm down, the start-stop resumes function, but the aircon doesn’t always come back to ‘normal’.

With the aircon, the rear vents must have their own sensor, as they seem to be set to several degrees higher than the front vents, if I crank the temperature right down, the rear vents cool down, but are often still warmer than the front vents. Could it be that there is a setting in the software that is different between front and rear, or inconsistent information from front and rear sensors that is causing the cooling system to get a bit confused, or different types of sensors front and rear resulting in different readings, or a bad batch of sensors .... ???

Hopefully, with more information, the boffins at Ineos can figure out what is going on and finally fix the problem/s.

Back
Top Bottom