The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Air Conditioning (AC) not working properly / loosing gas

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:18 PM
Reaction score
Just to prove how pissed off I was I would send it all the way back to the factory at my own expense!!!!
That would show them.
I think if you were really serious about making a point, you'd cut it up and mail the pieces back one by one:
11a-Ineos-Grenadier-factory.jpg

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:18 PM
Reaction score
I think if you were really serious about making a point, you'd cut it up and mail the pieces back one by one:
View attachment 7819345
I wonder if, given you had sent them back essentially spare parts, they would reimburse you at the spare parts value, and as a result you would make a 4500% profit??

gkhaldi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:18 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of any other AC issues? Or same issue occurring again. AC issues would be a deal breaker if my wife finds out.
Mine stopped working at delivery 😂

Seems like there wasn’t enough coolant gas loaded into the system. The dealer checked 2 more and all have the same issue. Between 0,1 and 0,2 bar of pressure on the system whilst it has to be 0,5. They loaded mine up and now it’s an iglo in 35c outside 👍

Local time
9:18 AM
Reaction score
Why can no one anywhere on the internet understand the difference between lose and loose, loosing and losing? (Not a personal attack and not normally a spelling/grammer nazi, but it’s so widespread as to be mind boggling.) 😄
Brake Break

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Why can no one anywhere on the internet understand the difference between lose and loose, loosing and losing? (Not a personal attack and not normally a spelling/grammer nazi, but it’s so widespread as to be mind boggling.) 😄
Perhaps because some are non native English speakers? :unsure:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:18 AM
Reaction score
Perhaps because some are non native English speakers? :unsure:
At least in the US, I find many non-native English speakers to be more fluent than native English speakers; of course, there may be an accent involved, but the word choice and sentence complexity is often more involved.

Local time
Reaction score
Why the 2 different gas types which is best and should I get it changed

Local time
Reaction score
I feel like we should all be buying a roll of reinforced pipewrap to go around all these pesky rubbing hoses....

Not a long term fix but I carry a roll of self-amalgamating tape when on longer trips and/or out in classics - great to get you out of a jam and repair a pipe, make a washer, etc.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
At least in the US, I find many non-native English speakers to be more fluent than native English speakers; of course, there may be an accent involved, but the word choice and sentence complexity is often more involved.
The one I have difficulty with from my US/Canadian friends is "bring and take".
Seems no one ever wants to take something with them, they always want to bring it, regardless of if they are using past, present or future tense.
Followed closely by "anyways"

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Why the 2 different gas types which is best and should I get it changed
Judging by a previous comment, and the way of the world, then the N1 gas is better but not legal in M1 as a manufacturer fill. Who knows if the gases can be mixed or even if the systems for each are interchangeable?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Judging by a previous comment, and the way of the world, then the N1 gas is better but not legal in M1 as a manufacturer fill. Who knows if the gases can be mixed or even if the systems for each are interchangeable?
I know ( passing conversation with the garage whilst waiting for a MOT) that their machine that charges 134A is different to the 1234yf system and they had ordered a 1234yf machine. Why I haven't a clue.
I wonder though whether it is some internal safety regime. The garage in question is a coach company that uses spare workshop and technician down time to service cars. Case of using each other's ac equipment

Last edited:

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That explains it, the equipment is not compatible, and the garage do need new equipment. But also means the ac system on the M1 and your N1are completely different.
I don't understand why Ineos would use two different AC systems, presumably cost saving

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
I just thought it was a Common Market thing that we can't have the good gas.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Oskar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What is your experience with fixing the AC?

My Grenadier was delivered two weeks ago. AC was working well but not it stopped working. Will get it to service next week. Hope they are able to fix it easily. Support and response from dealer was fantastic.

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What is your experience with fixing the AC?

My Grenadier was delivered two weeks ago. AC was working well but not it stopped working. Will get it to service next week. Hope they are able to fix it easily. Support and response from dealer was fantastic.
Mine was repaired 10 days ago and worked for a while but has stopped working again. A hose was replaced and re-gassed. Can't believe I have to return to my agent a third time in as many months. A further frustration is that I have to take the car to Jardine Kent in Sevenoaks for them to diagnose the issue and then return again for a refit once the parts have been ordered and sent out.

Oskar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My AC is working now. They just did refill it. I hope this was the fix. I worry that there is a leak they still have not fixed somewhere.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My AC is working now. They just did refill it. I hope this was the fix. I worry that there is a leak they still have not fixed somewhere.
Before re-filling as part of the process they should have done a pressure test fist.

pieter1475

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Facebook is a classic for bad spelling generally . Not just lose /loose. You're not alone in gritting your teeth.

Back
Top Bottom