The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Accessory feedback from current owners

hustlehard285

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:11 AM
Reaction score
Now that us in America are starting to put in our orders, I think it'd be great if we could hear from all the current owners on their accessories and whether they were worth adding or not?

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:11 AM
Reaction score
Now that us in America are starting to put in our orders, I think it'd be great if we could hear from all the current owners on their accessories and whether they were worth adding or not?
It’s a great question, but difficult to answer, given I’m waiting for most of my accessories to arrive! Rear table, tow bar, cargo barrier, mats, etc. and I don’t think I’m the only one.

The spare wheel lock box is OK. It’s watertight and is no more of a faff to get to the spare wheel than the blanking plate. The lock might not last too long though.

The rock sliders are very solid. Not tried to use the, in anger yet, but they look more than up to the job.

Hopefully the backlog will have cleared by the time you get yours

Reactions: Del
Local time
3:11 AM
Reaction score
Was gonna say...you must be new here! :D;) I dunno that ANYone that's received theirs has received all their accessories (unless they didn't order any). Steps, rear door tables, sliders, racks, hitch receivers...all in short supply it seems. Oh...ladders...I HAVE seen ladders and, frankly, they seem a bit poorly designed given the bumpout in the rear door that makes that first one or two rungs utterly useless unless you're putting your foot sideways. Otherwise you barely have any toe purchase and/or are scuffing the living crap out of your paint.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Was gonna say...you must be new here! :D;) I dunno that ANYone that's received theirs has received all their accessories (unless they didn't order any).
Puts hand up cautiously ~ I've got all mine...sliders, cargo barrier, hitch receiver, mats, locking wheel nuts.

I missed out on some powering steering and engine oil mind.

Oh...ladders...I HAVE seen ladders and, frankly, they seem a bit poorly designed given the bumpout in the rear door that makes that first one or two rungs utterly useless unless you're putting your foot sideways. Otherwise you barely have any toe purchase and/or are scuffing the living crap out of your paint.
Definitely a fail ~ more surprising as it was at least a MkII version to correct having all the rungs in line with the uprights on the MkI version.

hustlehard285

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Puts hand up cautiously ~ I've got all mine...sliders, cargo barrier, hitch receiver, mats, locking wheel nuts.

I missed out on some powering steering and engine oil mind.

Definitely a fail ~ more surprising as it was at least a MkII version to correct having all the rungs in line with the uprights on the MkI version.
How are you liking the sliders? Are the bolt on or welded on?

The hitch receiver is another one I'd like to add, but at $800 that's steep. If the wiring is included in that $800, it makes it easier to take, but in the US there's plenty of aftermarket hitch setups for $200-$300.

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

The hitch receiver is another one I'd like to add, but at $800 that's steep. If the wiring is included in that $800, it makes it easier to take, but in the US there's plenty of aftermarket hitch setups for $200-$300.
Trailer wiring is included (AFAIK)

RoyalWulff

Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

So you’d recommend not spec’ing the hitch? I’ve never had one put on after the fact.

hustlehard285

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So you’d recommend not spec’ing the hitch? I’ve never had one put on after the fact.
I've put them in after the fact on a Rav4 and a few trucks and it's 2-3 hours of labor and $200-$300 of parts. Uhaul or any Autozone type spot sells them. If omitting the hitch in the configurator means you have to run all the wiring yourself, that'd be more of a pain in the butt than just forking over the cash at the onset, in my opinion.

One thing that I keep remembering is that in all reality, aftermarket companies wont have anything even in development till the first round of deliveries are made since they'll need vehicles for templates, so waiting on an aftermarket hitch or slider would probably be 6-12 months after first deliveries.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
"aftermarket companies wont have anything even in development till the first round of deliveries are made since they'll need vehicles for templates, so waiting on an aftermarket hitch or slider would probably be 6-12 months after first deliveries."
I'll counter that point a bit, you are correct in that aftermarket companies need time, but deliveries have already begun in UK/EU and soon in Oz and elsewhere. So hopefully once trucks find these shores, the aftermarket will be geared up.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
L track cargo and external rails. Very useful and chip as chips
side runners - excellent for using as a step for wife and saucepan lids
safari roof - they’re just cool
Rear door table.. I ordered it but it’s yet to turn up but it’d have been used at least twice in the last five weeks..

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The rock sliders are bolted on the frame and really solid. I like the profile, think they are well thought through. Was told at a drive day that you can jack the vehicle up on them not that I’ve tried (yet!).
I ordered the hitch receiver/tow package and would do so again. Quite a good design as comes configured for three hitch options; 2 in. US/Aus receiver, 2 x M16 Euro/UK and 4 x M12 NATO Pintle. Being INEOS I’m still waiting on my UK/Euro tow ball but could go into any trailer parts store and buy one so not bothered just yet. Having lived in US (TX) one question I would ask your agent or INEOS US is whether they have considered the aftermarket or dealer fitment of a trailer brake controller as they are not common (legal? - not sure) in UK/Europe.
I like the spare wheel storage box, going to be useful for recovery gear etc but thought it quite expensive for a plastic box with a cheap-ish lock.
As with others, I’m waiting on the camp table.
I didn’t go for carpet floor in the vehicle but at my wife’s request added the carpet mats and then ordered rubber mats from the agent (configurator wouldn’t allow me to order both at time of order) and am still waiting on them. Second time around I’d just order the rubber mats and wouldn’t bother with the carpet mats. Having said that probably won’t take long for WeatherTech to come up with some anyway.
Hope that helps.

RoyalWulff

Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The rock sliders are bolted on the frame and really solid. I like the profile, think they are well thought through. Was told at a drive day that you can jack the vehicle up on them not that I’ve tried (yet!).
I ordered the hitch receiver/tow package and would do so again. Quite a good design as comes configured for three hitch options; 2 in. US/Aus receiver, 2 x M16 Euro/UK and 4 x M12 NATO Pintle. Being INEOS I’m still waiting on my UK/Euro tow ball but could go into any trailer parts store and buy one so not bothered just yet. Having lived in US (TX) one question I would ask your agent or INEOS US is whether they have considered the aftermarket or dealer fitment of a trailer brake controller as they are not common (legal? - not sure) in UK/Europe.
I like the spare wheel storage box, going to be useful for recovery gear etc but thought it quite expensive for a plastic box with a cheap-ish lock.
As with others, I’m waiting on the camp table.
I didn’t go for carpet floor in the vehicle but at my wife’s request added the carpet mats and then ordered rubber mats from the agent (configurator wouldn’t allow me to order both at time of order) and am still waiting on them. Second time around I’d just order the rubber mats and wouldn’t bother with the carpet mats. Having said that probably won’t take long for WeatherTech to come up with some anyway.
Hope that helps.
Do the sliders function as a step?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Bolt on ~ very substantial. Able to use with a Hilift jack. They're good, but as there's no competition, other than the Blacksheep ones, currently it's impossible to say they couldn't be improved on.
Wiring is included in UK.

Is $200-$300 going to getting you the wiring, hitch receiver and hitch?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bolt on ~ very substantial. Able to use with a Hilift jack. They're good, but as there's no competition, other than the Blacksheep ones, currently it's impossible to say they couldn't be improved on.

And any software programming that may be needed! Personally I think it would be foolish to tamper with fitting after market towing electrics, it would impinge on the 5 year warranty

Back
Top Bottom