The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3D GUIDES AND REPAIR MANUALS

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:11 PM
Reaction score
Don’t want to start an oil discussion, but I’ll probably do an oil/filter change at around a 1000 miles on my own just for my peace of mind. New engines may not need this, but I’m old school and it’ll let me sleep.
Did mine at 1400km

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:11 AM
Reaction score
Likewise, have requested 4x oil/air/crush washer from Jardine's so I can keep a record in file incase of warranty issues down the line. Aiming to change before 1500 miles.

They want to supply shell 0w-30 (diesel) but I compared 0w-30 in a cup compared to 5w-30 in a cup at my mate's garage while the Audi was getting an MOT and the 0w-30 is like water. Again not qualified in the slightest to give a scientific reasoning but the 5w-30 in my view would hang around a bit more on the parts at room temp let alone at 90 degrees.

Just seems too thin but I guess engineering has moved on. Thinking in our mild winters 5w might better. And 30 at the other end of the spectrum for both oils should give same level of effectiveness.

mmmmmm.....

also at the back of my mind is the venerable Christian and Vera vid on the 5w-30 dumbass;

View: https://youtu.be/Q4NeJrbor4s?si=GLlzBV7Ei9JQ3cDd

Can't wait for then to get and work/improve a Gen.

Last edited:

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:11 AM
Reaction score
Don’t want to start an oil discussion, but I’ll probably do an oil/filter change at around a 1000 miles on my own just for my peace of mind. New engines may not need this, but I’m old school and it’ll let me sleep.
Well it certainly isn't going to do any harm, and if it makes you feel comfortable so much the better. My old school is I don't tow on a new engine till after 500 miles of gentle run in.

Fab

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:11 PM
Reaction score
The oil company will thank you for it. 🛢️

ARF

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
8:11 PM
Reaction score
For Australian owners and "soon to be" owners.. .
A glimpse of what's likely: bear with me!
While the "right-to-repair" been establish the federal bureaucracy has further established the Australian Automotive Service and Repair Authority (AASRA) to determine amongst other things who is a "fit and proper person" to undertake such repairs. To access most manufacturers' data one has to firstly be vetted by AASRA ..e g. a bona fide tech at a recognised workshop, apprentice etc etc
I am wondering whether Ineos in their early enthusiasm to provide data to owners, have fallen foul of this fairly recent development as well as owing a duty to protect the dealers' income streams. It's a fine line to tread!
My understanding of all this has come about because I was simply trying to get the genuine instructions for fitting a genuine OEM towbar kit to a late model Subaru. I can get access to the Subaru tech portal for $25 a day. but I have to provide "credentials"!!! Mind you the info is sort of available on the USA techinfo.subaru com/ website albeit for slightly diff. model etc. Sensing my exasperation a kindly Subaru dealer parts person suggested if I have a mechanic mate to offer him a slab of beer to gain access to the right-2-repair com.au/subaru site!
I'm working on it.
unfortunately the legislation doesn’t apply to Ineos for the Grenadier due to NB1 and that extra 50kg of GVM. Let’s hope they still choose to use this setup as I use it for Toyota work and the repair manuals are fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom