The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

2025 Model Changes?

Local time
3:51 AM
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere...If so I did not see it.

Any word on what 2025 model may bring in terms of changes? Specifically thinking of the North American market but in general is good also.

Drive train? Diesel for North America? Guessing no.

Software? All those comments about the annoying speed warning etc.

Steering? Keep wondering if they will offer an option for steering that's a bit more on-road oriented.

Other?

Local time
8:51 AM
Reaction score
On the old Defender you could make the steering better for road use by changing the steering damper for an RTC one.

Doing so made the steering self centre a lot better and the vehicle was nicer to drive on the highway.

There were no real disadvantages. Could that be done on the Grenadier?

Local time
Reaction score
No idea! And I am not saying it needs doing but see a lot of discussion about it.

What I am really wonder is what will Ineos look at and adjust based on feedback and lessons learned from those first model year vehicles in the field. In general...I was just throwing out ideas.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
People are reporting good results by using an OME damper which I believe has less resistance. There is a company in the pacific north west of the US who do RTC dampers and I believe they are doing one for the grenadier.

I’m not sure we should expect any real changes for 2025 model year. We shall see.

Reactions: AWo
Local time
Reaction score
I am waiting on them to ship the vehicle sans engine and transmission for acceptance of the GMC 1500 series duramax and transmission. I am sure that will never happen.

roadfever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:51 AM
Reaction score
I don’t think we’ll see much different in MY25. Their focus now is on the roll out of the Quartermaster and the announcement of the Fusilier.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Diesel is a flat out no go based upon their usage agreement with BMW; ADAS update is possible but unlikely, seeing as Ineos has said that the system is working as intended; steering I also find highly unlikely, again, the vehicle is specifically built for off-road travel, so why soften that and change components for more on-road focused use?

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:51 AM
Reaction score
Hard to imagine that a system so annoying is considered to be working as intended.
Justice System
Healthcare System
Education System
..."as intended". :ROFLMAO: :mad:🤷‍♂️

But, unlike those hopeless quagmires, ADAS *can* be fixed changed (e.g. an "off" option). Easily. Legally (from what I've heard). It just takes some force of will at INEOS Automotive.

Local time
Reaction score
Hard to imagine that a system so annoying is considered to be working as intended.
Well, you're noticing what they want you to notice...

It would be nice if they at least let people pick their ring tone. I do recall a study 15 years ago that noted differing tones are no more noticeable but bring out different reactions in people. That "hoot" that windows XP made when I didn't follow the procedure used to make me want to punch the screen. Maybe that's why some people hate it and some really don"t care. Me? I'd tune it to the audible frequency 5.56 so kindly removed from ears repertoire. :)

Back
Top Bottom