The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

2 doors...

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:26 AM
Reaction score
Just for fun and living in a relatively small island, with narrow trails, I was quite deluded by the news that Grenadier would be only 4 doors, longish and wide,
By some Paintshop work, I tried to imagine a Grenadier 2 doors implemented on one of the very first picture of the vehicle (maybe the first one).
Posted on Linkedin and forgotten.
During one of the first Italian Grenadier meeting I was was speaking with the Italian representative of IA (and we would become friends), when he complained about a fake 2 doors circulating on the Net and creating a lot of question and expectations...
Big laughing when it resulted to be my simulation...

1681902394315.jpeg

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just for fun and living in a relatively small island, with narrow trails, I was quite deluded by the news that Grenadier would be only 4 doors, longish and wide,
By some Paintshop work, I tried to imagine a Grenadier 2 doors implemented on one of the very first picture of the vehicle (maybe the first one).
During one of the first Italian Grenadier meeting I was was speaking with the Italian representative of IA (and we would become friends), when he complained about a fake 2 doors circulating on the Net and creating a lot of question and expectations...

View attachment 7808917
But man, it’s certainly looks really good 👍

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:26 AM
Reaction score
Due to slowing sales (outsold by the 4 door by about 8-1), Jeep are likely to ditch the 2 door wrangler upon its next refresh. I cant see a 2 door grenadier being financially viable for INEOS

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Due to slowing sales (outsold by the 4 door by about 8-1), Jeep are likely to ditch the 2 door wrangler upon its next refresh. I cant see a 2 door grenadier being financially viable for INEOS
My friend, IA representative, was adamant about the impossibility to produce a 2d Grenadier... For that reason thei weren't so happy about my simulation... I think is also a question of magnitude of markets asking for a 2d. In Italy, for instance, 2ds are very popular and the Army, that was a big customer in the past, privileged the 2ds...

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I recall it was a drivetrain issue. Current engine/gearbox selection mean there's not enough space for a substantially shorter wheelbase.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
My friend, IA representative, was adamant about the impossibility to produce a 2d Grenadier... For that reason thei weren't so happy about my simulation... I think is also a question of magnitude of markets asking for a 2d. In Italy, for instance, 2ds are very popular and the Army, that was a big customer in the past, privileged the 2ds...
Last time we were in the Pyrenees, we saw loads of 2d land cruisers and patrols! i guess for the narrow switchback mountain roads, they are ideal

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Alvan, what do you intend with the first Italian Grenadier meeting?
Perugia, May 18th 2021, meeting with the first PT seen in Italy (agricultural interiors) and Ineos Cycling Team that was there during the Giro d'Italia...
It was an official car of the team.
1681909445569.png

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:26 PM
Reaction score
I can't see Jeep dropping the 2-door - at least not here in the US. People who flip their shit, regardless of the numbers. Remember how crazy everyone went when they changed the folding windshield design?

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Actually, I'm very surprised about the similarity... BTW, I simulated just the side, so if there is some connection, somebody went ahead and complete my job...
Looking carefully, my 'prototype' and 'their' are not so similar.It is clear tha we started from different 4ds...

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I can't see Jeep dropping the 2-door - at least not here in the US. People who flip their shit, regardless of the numbers. Remember how crazy everyone went when they changed the folding windshield design?
I was watching the guy who used to run the CJ Pony parts YouTube (forgot his channel name), and he seemed to think it'd be 50/50 whether next gen wrangler is in a 2 door.

They're bringing less and less options out for the 2 door, and although theres a cult following, if nobody's buying them, there no business case for continuing. Its a bit like manual sports cars in the US, everyone bemoans them going, but nobody was buying them!

Maybe they will stick around, but I know Stellantis won't be making much money on them after the R&D is done!

Local time
8:26 PM
Reaction score
I was watching the guy who used to run the CJ Pony parts YouTube (forgot his channel name), and he seemed to think it'd be 50/50 whether next gen wrangler is in a 2 door.

They're bringing less and less options out for the 2 door, and although theres a cult following, if nobody's buying them, there no business case for continuing. Its a bit like manual sports cars in the US, everyone bemoans them going, but nobody was buying them!

Maybe they will stick around, but I know Stellantis won't be making much money on them after the R&D is done!

I can see them just reducing the trims. Base and Rubicon in 2 door. All other trims would be 4 door only.

rideforward

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
9:26 PM
Reaction score

View attachment 7808917
I would LOVE to have a 2 door. For my lifestyle it’s just easier. But I also love driving my ‘93 defender 90.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:26 AM
Reaction score
I'd buy a 2-door... looks awesome. Would work well as a lighter-duty [ducks for cover] EV version, IMHO...

Even the new defender comes in 2-door variant - heaps knocking around in Perth recently so production must be in full swing, and proving popular. Few 2-door Prados too.

Get on with it Ineos.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:26 AM
Reaction score
I recall it was a drivetrain issue. Current engine/gearbox selection mean there's not enough space for a substantially shorter wheelbase.
slightly shorter then...? aim for 100" rather than 90"... but retain two doors. With no seats in back this might result in larger storage area than the 4 door?

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:26 PM
Reaction score
How long before someone recovers a salvaged Grenadier and 'shortens' it themselves :cool:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:26 PM
Reaction score
Isn’t 100” the ultimate wheelbase LR thought would be perfect?

Back
Top Bottom