The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

12 volt battery monitors

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:32 PM
Reaction score
During the lockdowns I reviewed some cheap 12 volt car battery monitors here. These cheaper battery monitors give an estimate of battery capacity based on voltage, they do not use a shunt like more expensive monitors.

I have run one battery monitor on the starter battery and another on the aux battery for the last 3 years. I found it helpful to monitor battery health.

If you are looking for something cheap, easy to install and give you idea of battery health, they are great value for money. The blog article also discussed some limitations.

Pricing is Australia dollars, but most units are available in other countries.

The onboard features of the INEOS software may mean you do not need a battery monitor, but I cannot find enough information as yet.

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:32 AM
Reaction score
During the lockdowns I reviewed some cheap 12 volt car battery monitors here. These cheaper battery monitors give an estimate of battery capacity based on voltage, they do not use a shunt like more expensive monitors.

I have run one battery monitor on the starter battery and another on the aux battery for the last 3 years. I found it helpful to monitor battery health.

If you are looking for something cheap, easy to install and give you idea of battery health, they are great value for money. The blog article also discussed some limitations.

The onboard features of the INEOS software may mean you do not need a battery monitor, but I cannot find enough information as yet.
thank you for that useful and thorough review.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
A thumbs up for the BLE monitor; a great little unit.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score

The IG has an on board monitor, I sat in one yesterday and with the ignition on it shows voltage and amperage in and out giving you real time reading.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I'll carry my BLE unit as a diagnostic tool for anyone I meet with electrical "problems".

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The IG has an on board monitor, I sat in one yesterday and with the ignition on it shows voltage and amperage in and out giving you real time reading.
From memory it gives you a lot more than that as well. Cell temperature and all sorts of things to keep an aspiring geek amused.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did the INEOS have one or two batteries installed? Or is it just monitoring the starter battery? Just trying to understand what the INEOS monitors.

The BLE unit also graphs voltage over time, so it is better than just a simple real time voltage reading. It also monitors cranking amps.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
Did the INEOS have one or two batteries installed? Or is it just monitoring the starter battery? Just trying to understand what the INEOS monitors.

The BLE unit also graphs voltage over time, so it is better than just a simple real time voltage reading. It also monitors cranking amps.
It only had the single battery, and I'm not sure, but there's no reason why, that whatever is reading the one wouldn't read both in parallel ? I'm a simple man :unsure: I do have 2 monitors for my own start and aux batteries (AGM and lithium) but these are simple shunts.

BAS-Remaps

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:32 AM
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom