The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

10-minute on board Off Road tour

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:55 PM
Reaction score
Hi folks

Here's a vid found on another forum of a 10-minute off-road tour from inside the Gren. The driver gives all sorts of good info on how it operates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0usAUV39Yk

A few standouts for me:

- I love the centre diff-lock lever. I like a manual system.
- Being able to kill the front radiator fans with "Wade Mode" is fantastic. I would take that every single day as compared to what the New Defender does. All I need to do is kill the fan so it doesn't break when it hits water; the ND has sensors in the mirrors (meaning they are $$$ when you clip a tree with them) and the front grill/bumper apparently has channels that "vent" water back out. Hyper complex compared to the Gren.
- No Traction Control or throttle interference when the lockers are on.
- Seems to have a pretty intuitive way of "locking" it in a specific gear for hill work; toggle the shifter over and it's in manual mode.
- It was very well controlled in the hill descent without braking. By the looks of it, this was comparable to a manual. Most autos rely on a tricky "Hill Descent" system that modulates the brakes to achieve this.
- It seems like the killed the camera just as they were about to tackle a tricky hill!

grenadierguy

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:55 PM
Reaction score
@ChasingOurTrunks thanks for sharing. What forum was this on out of curiosity? Thanks. 

grenadierguy

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Also... damn what happened to that center stack display?! It's crushed!!!

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
grenadierguy said:
@ChasingOurTrunks thanks for sharing. What forum was this on out of curiosity? Thanks. 

I saw it on Defender2.net; it’s a Land Rover defender forum but has a section dedicated to the Grenadier given its “spiritual ancestry” of the original defender. Also a good spot for info on the New Defender.

grenadierguy

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
ChasingOurTrunks said:

I saw it on Defender2.net; it’s a Land Rover defender forum but has a section dedicated to the Grenadier given its “spiritual ancestry” of the original defender. Also a good spot for info on the New Defender.

Thanks going to check it out. This will be the go to but, I always like looking for more!

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
grenadierguy said:
Also... damn what happened to that center stack display?! It's crushed!!!

Right? I wondered that myself and dismissed it as a plastic cover (like come with new TVs) but it might actually have seen better days. Hard to tell from this video. 

grenadierguy

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
ChasingOurTrunks said:
Right? I wondered that myself and dismissed it as a plastic cover (like come with new TVs) but it might actually have seen better days. Hard to tell from this video. 

Watched it again. it's a cover. For some reason here they covered it.

Back
Top Bottom