The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Double cab / pickup gets a name ~ Quartermaster

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:42 AM
Reaction score
I wonder if someone with a Gren would be willing to pop their spare tire on the hood and share a photo from the POV of the Driver? The old Land Rovers used this as a storage spot, and candidly I cannot fathom any better one on the Quartermaster as all the other spaces are a pretty significant compromise. Hood is a compromise too of course, but one typically doesn't keep other stuff there so maybe not so bad?

Screenshot 2023-07-28 154757.jpg

Can you see past the spare? I tried it with my Jeep back in the day but no dice - modern tire was a bit too wide for the size of the windscreen.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:42 AM
Reaction score
Even with the 100% profile very narrow tyres on series land rovers the view was not good, especially on road (tolerable for farm tracks). I doubt any carmaker would get bonnet mounting past design rules for a new model. It also makes the bonnet extremely heavy, landys had a permanently located strut that folded immediately into position, the grenadier’s requires locating by one of your hands into one of 2 positions.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:42 PM
Reaction score
The Grenadier bonnet is extremely light, I'd be cautious of putting something so heavy up there, even just for a photo.

I wonder if Ineos will follow Mercedes down the options list for the G wagon. They do a heavyweight bonnet capable of standing on.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe you could do this before but you can spec a second filter for fuel, petrol or diesel. I believe previous it was included in the Aussie spec ones.

Local time
Reaction score
Ineos has been pretty quiet on the Quartermaster. Has the Quartermaster been seen or tested outside of Europe?
The Shale Blue diesel Trialmaster is what I would like but the basic white diesel Quartermaster with diff locks, extra switches and bar work will be the likely choice. With state taxes and rego it will be a bit above AUD130k.
View attachment 7827644IG $155aud.pngIG $122 basic.pngView attachment 7827645

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:42 PM
Reaction score
I read a similar article elsewhere. People clamored for that vehicle to be built but maybe it’s run its course. And as I’ve said before, that mid-size market is crazy competitive and with “new” entries from Chevy, Ford, and soon Toyota, the Gladiator is a bit of a relic.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Near me even 6cyl Wrangler Unlimiteds are showing discounts on Autotrader. The 392s are still pricy and the 4xe seems to be what dealers are bringing in and listing for around MSRP. If the gladiator doesn't stay on I wonder if rather than seeing opportunity, Ineos abandons the US for the QM.

Local time
Reaction score
I read a similar article elsewhere. People clamored for that vehicle to be built but maybe it’s run its course. And as I’ve said before, that mid-size market is crazy competitive and with “new” entries from Chevy, Ford, and soon Toyota, the Gladiator is a bit of a relic.
I think its mostly the engine options.

The 3.6 naturally aspirated V6 lacks low-end torque, which is what all trucks and off-road vehicles should have in spades. The horsepower from the 3.6 is... okay... but you have to rev it out to get that power. It is not a good engine for truck-like things, or for heading up steep inclines - like all the dirt roads where I live - at low speeds. In 4-low its a beast, but you shouldn't have to shift into 4-low on a maintained dirt road. My experience is a bit distorted though, as I live at 8,500 feet, and spend a lot of time driving at 10,000 feet or higher.

They are doing one last run with the 3.0 Ecodiesel, but that engine has had overheating issues when pushed hard, and also issues with the Bosch fuel pump.

All the other mid-size trucks now offer better engines (finally). If they offered the 5.7 Hemi in a Gladiator I'd have one sitting in the driveway.

Reactions: CB

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:42 PM
Reaction score
I think its mostly the engine options.

The 3.6 naturally aspirated V6 lacks low-end torque, which is what all trucks and off-road vehicles should have in spades. The horsepower from the 3.6 is... okay... but you have to rev it out to get that power. It is not a good engine for truck-like things, or for heading up steep inclines - like all the dirt roads where I live - at low speeds. In 4-low its a beast, but you shouldn't have to shift into 4-low on a maintained dirt road. My experience is a bit distorted though, as I live at 8,500 feet, and spend a lot of time driving at 10,000 feet or higher.

They are doing one last run with the 3.0 Ecodiesel, but that engine has had overheating issues when pushed hard, and also issues with the Bosch fuel pump.

All the other mid-size trucks now offer better engines (finally). If they offered the 5.7 Hemi in a Gladiator I'd have one sitting in the driveway.
A 392 Gladiator? That would be pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom