The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

INEOS AUTOMOTIVE LAUNCHES GRENADIER QUARTERMASTER CHASSIS CAB

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:23 PM
Reaction score
Yea I’m scratching my head trying to determine who the end user of a Quartermaster at the price point it’ll probably sticker at in North America would be. You can buy a 4WD Ford 450/550 or a Dodge Cummins 4500/5500 chassis cab for US$75k before upfitting a frame mounted bed.

This guy

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:23 PM
Reaction score
I’ve long said the QM will be a tough sell Stateside so I am interested to see how it pans out.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:23 PM
Reaction score
Too bad they did not colour match the canopy, there is a bit of mismatch. Lesson: colour match your canopy.

That car was not at Purnells when I visited on Thursday.

Last edited:
Local time
3:23 AM
Reaction score
Stealing from FB. This is my dream set up. With a open canopy that I can switch around based upon what I'm doing.View attachment 7851768

Might be a good tourer fit out but for Australia there is going to be next to no usable pay load and no chance of towing a trailer without a decent GVM upgrade to make the vehicle legal. A Norweld alloy tray is over 200kg so the canopy needs to chassis mount to keep the weight down.

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

Which seems strange to me as they mostly manufacture trailers, yes?

Ineos has got to be aware of the limited sales they'd do in North America. They're probably just offering the C/C as a way to fill up the production line. They've only got so much capacity and can run all models through at the same time.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Might be a good tourer fit out but for Australia there is going to be next to no usable pay load and no chance of towing a trailer without a decent GVM upgrade to make the vehicle legal. A Norweld alloy tray is over 200kg so the canopy needs to chassis mount to keep the weight down.
We don't know what the cab chassis payload will be. It will be interesting to see how it plays out

Local time
Reaction score
We don't know what the cab chassis payload will be. It will be interesting to see how it plays out
It will be limited to 3500kg GVWR for the European market for it to be eligible for most car countries car licences. Can be optimistic and hope for The ROW & Australia the GVWR/GCM is around 38-3900kg with no need to spend a fortune for upgrades. The AU brochure shows the chassis cab kerb weight the same as the pick up.

IG CC AU Weights.jpg

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Cab/chassis doesn't have a payload.
There is nowhere to carry a load.
Payload will be determined by what is put on the back
The Quartermaster with that huge heavy tub and 90% fuel tank can carry 907 in petrol and 832 in diesel
I guess the tub probably weighs 150-200 kgs.

Keep in mind also that the standard GVM in Australia is 3550 kg not 3500 as in rest of the world.

1712365053017.jpg

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I guess I was thinking, how much you will be able to load on the back

Local time
Reaction score
Cab/chassis doesn't have a payload.
There is nowhere to carry a load.
Payload will be determined by what is put on the back
The Quartermaster with that huge heavy tub and 90% fuel tank can carry 907 in petrol and 832 in diesel
I guess the tub probably weighs 150-200 kgs.

Keep in mind also that the standard GVM in Australia is 3550 kg not 3500 as in rest of the world.

View attachment 7851820
Ineos should of at least printed the cab chassis correct kerb weight with out the tub so a buyer knows what they can work with for up fitting unless there are some unspecified changes to the c/c making it the same kerb weight as the pickup.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos should of at least printed the cab chassis correct kerb weight with out the tub so a buyer knows what they can work with for up fitting unless there are some unspecified changes to the c/c making it the same kerb weight as the pickup.
I agree

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The weight will be key for the uk market. If the unladen weight is under 2500kg that will be big news as it will qualify for vat reclaim and lower BIK tax.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I was thinking about the most recent announcement of the Fuss and how Magna has picked up the contract to build it. It got me thinking if part of the negotiation was for Magna to pick up the contract to build the Quartmaster in North America. They could build it in Canada, the US or Mexico and avoid the chicken tax. By negotiating to builds to Magna, maybe it sweetens the pot especially since Fisker is halting production of their EV which Magna handled. The agreement for Fisker/Magna was to build 120k Oceans EV a year in Austra. They have a full manufacturing plant in Ontario.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’d be very surprised if they don’t offer a dealer-level pre-rego GVM upgrade a la Toyota.
I asked about that and as you aren't buying it from the dealer it wasn't available.
However I just saw a video with John Canny and Ric from SLRV and Ric says they are offering a pre rego GVM upgrade on the whole range that is approved all over Australia

Back
Top Bottom