The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Double cab / pickup gets a name ~ Quartermaster

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:22 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:22 PM
Reaction score
Not sure what is meant by this part of the Joint Forces article: "There still remains the issue of BMW engines (which is what Grenadier currently uses) usually not being available for military vehicles"

Why wouldn't a BMW engine be available for use in a mil vehicle?

There is nothing magical about engines in military vehicles, i.e. the OM606 used in the Oz military Gwagen's can be found in luxury sedans.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure what is meant by this part of the Joint Forces article: "There still remains the issue of BMW engines (which is what Grenadier currently uses) usually not being available for military vehicles"

There is nothing magical about engines in military vehicles, i.e. the OM606 used in the Oz military Gwagen's can be found in luxury sedans.
BMW do not sell them to the military as a matter of company policy.

Despite the regular procurement disasters, the MoD are also pretty fussy about what they will buy too. The white fleet are less of an issue as they are leased, and cost of use is the key measure.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
So who knows about this Halnaker chalk pit where "100s of daredevils" will be headed this weekend?
All I could find is "This chalk pit is important as it has about 50% of the British population of a nationally rare and vulnerable plant, broad-leaved cudweed."
Sounds like a green lane.

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
BMW do not sell them to the military as a matter of company policy.

Despite the regular procurement disasters, the MoD are also pretty fussy about what they will buy too. The white fleet are less of an issue as they are leased, and cost of use is the key measure.
Ah, self-flagellation for past sins...

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
So who knows about this Halnaker chalk pit where "100s of daredevils" will be headed this weekend?
All I could find is "This chalk pit is important as it has about 50% of the British population of a nationally rare and vulnerable plant, broad-leaved cudweed."
Sounds like a green lane.
I think you will find it is a limited access "Pay & Play" off road site, close to the Goodwood Estate.

"Halnaker is a great practice ground owned by Bognor Trials Club & is open on the 3rd Sunday of every month. At Halnaker you can also ride quad bikes & pit bikes which is great for children to cut their teeth on in the mud in relative safety." https://monomotorcycles.co.uk/trials-bikes-tackling-tricky-tracks-traversing-tree-trunks/

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Think that the TM and FM nomenclature will carry over onto the QM?

Local time
Reaction score

There was this bloke named Adolf in the 1940s...

(Also they don't want their engines and vehicles to end up in the hands of unscrupulous dictators & warlords. Such as the Mercs that mysteriously get sold into North Korea and the Toyotas in the hands of ISIS etc).

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:22 PM
Reaction score
I told my wife this morning that I had seen that they were doing the official global unveiling in a couple of weeks and had come up with the "QM" name. She said, well, looks like we're selling the Tacoma and the M5 (I have to, to get my Grenadier - no room) and she'll sell her Subi Ascent and we'll keep my Kia Niro (50 mpg+). So, we'll have two Grenadiers (one TM, one QM) and the Kia for longer mileage trips. Sounds good to me!

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I told my wife this morning that I had seen that they were doing the official global unveiling in a couple of weeks and had come up with the "QM" name. She said, well, looks like we're selling the Tacoma and the M5 (I have to, to get my Grenadier - no room) and she'll sell her Subi Ascent and we'll keep my Kia Niro (50 mpg+). So, we'll have two Grenadiers (one TM, one QM) and the Kia for longer mileage trips. Sounds good to me!
You want to keep that one, she sounds like a winner. ;)

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfFxoyxQAh4

AWo

Local time
4:22 AM
Reaction score

That is a BMW self applied restriction as they used forced labourers in WWII.

They build plane engines as the BMW logo shows. That is not blue white because they are Bavarian, that is a propeller in the blue sky.

AWo

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:22 AM
Reaction score
https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/military-ngo-responder-usage.12363652/
Another mention of this though:
"This same extended wheelbase will underpin the forthcoming seven-seater Grenadier."

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That is a BMW self applied restriction as they used forced labourers in WWII.

They build plane engines as the BMW logo shows. That is not blue white because they are Bavarian, that is a propeller in the blue sky.

AWo
I too believed the logo was the airplane propeller until a few years back. BMW updated their logo and there were a number of news stories on the topic. Essentially the myth was debunked and it is said that the blue and white are the Bavarian colors. Here’s one news piece:
BMW Logo

Back
Top Bottom