The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Yokohama Geolandar M/T G003

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:38 PM
Reaction score
anyone tried these tires on your gren? I have them on a K5 and I really like them.

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:38 PM
Reaction score
Awesome! I learned something today - that's the first I've heard of that for a Chevy Blazer/GMC Jimmy. Thanks to you all and Google I know exactly what you're referring to now. Very cool!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:38 PM
Reaction score
Awesome! I learned something today - that's the first I've heard of that for a Chevy Blazer/GMC Jimmy. Thanks to you all and Google I know exactly what you're referring to now. Very cool!
K10 are the pickup versions.

K19 was the widow maker. 🛟

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:38 AM
Reaction score
I haven’t run the MT, have had the AT before, which are a nice road tyre with good longevity etc, but are not aggressive enough for an AT and are marginal offroad. I like the look of the MT, they look less aggressive than most MT but more aggressive than most AT, which in my book is probably a good thing because many MT are lethal on road in the wet. Reviews seem to back it up and say they are relatively quiet on road and handle well but competent off road.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:38 PM
Reaction score
In my jimmy those tires are really well behaved on the road. I've only once driven on wet roads in my jimmy but it was great. I did go out in the dirt with them and they behaved really well on forest trails in norther california/nevada. Did a bit of the type of climbing where i needed 4WD low with lockers engaged and the tires did well. You can see the tires on my truck in the picture below.

Now that my jimmy has been fully restored, its more of a weekend driver than a serious offroad vehicle.
I put a bit too much effort into it, and besides i have another vehicle i take out for off-pavement adventures.

For those that doesn't know the history of the gen1 K5's. it was response by GM to fords successful introduction of the Bronco. They took the Suburban, chopped it off behind the rear axle. Chopped off the roof and have a boat builder build a fiberglass removable roof. Its a real rugged vehicle. Mine is bone stock. Not lifted and with original engine/transmission. The paint is matched exactly to the inside of the glove box. Those mirrors where factory options and the hubcaps where the original caps that came with the car from the factory.

IMG_20200731_145816 - Copy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom