The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Yet no Grenadier owner from Southern Germany

Local time
9:26 AM
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Max and I live in the southern part of Germany in the area of Stuttgart. In the past I drove several G-Wagons and travelled the French Alps or the Balkans with it. What would also be the primarily use for a Grenadier, use it for travelleling. My username is explained quickly. I'm working in the commercial vehicle industry and have therefore my own requirements in terms of durability and usability.

I'm following the Grenadier project more ore less from the day the first press release was published. As modern Gs might be capable off-road vehicles but out of reach for my budget and I'm not willing to pay the same price for a Professional as it was ten years ago, the Grenadier might be an alternative.

Fortunately Autohaus Weippert is one of the Grenadier sales and service partners not far away from my hometown. They are known for beeing a sales / service partner for Mercedes-Benz cars, vans and trucks and especially G-Wagons. There are always many modified Gs on their workshop lot, most of them series 461s. Therefore not the boulevard cruiser segment.

So, I took the opportunity to visit the sales point today even without an appointment just to get a first own impression of the Grenadier after reading and watching millions of articles and youtube "reviews". When I entered the lot, I was surprised by the sheer amount of Grenadiers. Around 50, I've counted. Probably there are not many places on the globe where you can see this amount of Grenadiers at one place which is open to the public. The answer was simple. Autohaus Weippert is partner of Ineos Automotive and according to the friendly salesman all press and demo vehicles are prepared in theire workshop. Stunning! I got a short intruduction into the vehicle and a test ride was offered upon appointment. Great customer experience. Exactly what I was looking for. He directly told me about the false warning lights and the non-selv returning steering and other things that have been criticized by journalists or users. That was open and honest.

9in1g.jpg

9kKOK.jpg

9kNlh.jpg

9kfQC.jpg

Looking forward for a great exchange in this forum.

Max

Last edited:

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Max,

I‘m also at Weippert, but I‘m from the „Residenzstadt“…
Welcome here in the forum.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Max and I live in the southern part of Germany in the area of Stuttgart. In the past I drove several G-Wagons and travelled the French Alps or the Balkans with it. What would also be the primarily use for a Grenadier, use it for travelleling. My username is explained quickly. I'm working in the commercial vehicle industry and have therefore my own requirements in terms of durability and usability.

I'm following the Grenadier project more ore less from the day the first press release was published. As modern Gs might be capable off-road vehicles but out of reach for my budget and I'm not willing to pay the same price for a Professional as it was ten years ago, the Grenadier might be an alternative.

Fortunately Autohaus Weippert is one of the Grenadier sales and service partners not far away from my hometown. They are known for beeing a sales / service partner for Mercedes-Benz cars, vans and trucks and especially G-Wagons. There are always many modified Gs on their workshop lot, most of them series 461s. Therefore not the boulevard cruiser segment.

So, I took the opportunity to visit the sales point today even without an appointment just to get a first own impression of the Grenadier after reading and watching millions of articles and youtube "reviews". When I entered the lot, I was surprised by the sheer amount of Grenadiers. Around 50, I've counted. Probably there are not many places on the globe where you can see this amount of Grenadiers at one place which is open to the public. The answer was simple. Autohaus Weippert is partner of Ineos Automotive and according to the friendly salesman all press and demo vehicles are prepared in theire workshop. Stunning! I got a short intruduction into the vehicle and a test ride was offered upon appointment. Great customer experience. Exactly what I was looking for. He directly told me about the false warning lights and the non-selv returning steering and other things that have been criticized by journalists or users. That was open and honest.

9in1g.jpg

9kKOK.jpg

9kNlh.jpg

9kfQC.jpg

Looking forward for a great exchange in this forum.

Max
Hi, and welcome to the Forum.. in the last months so much information on all those topics you mentioned including the error messages .. search here for Software Gremlins.. and the recirculating ball steering.
you will certainly find answers on all these topics here.
as a matter of fact, I am expecting mine somewhat this year..
The steering should for a truck or lorry driver no issue and was normal in older E class Mercedes Benz W115 W123 ..
Here it is a requirement due to beam axles in front. Also .. if you go off-road and with deep grooves on unpaved tracks .. you will love the steering and not a self centering rod n pine, that might kick the steering wheel against your wrist .. and you get used to it.. many many drivers use it even nowadays.
so there is nothing wrong with the steering but a Grenadier is not a sporty BMW M Series.. A Grenadier gets for sure at any place where the M can go, except low multi storey car parks that do not permit vehicles higher than 2.0m And Perhaps not so fast. But vice versa I doubt.
Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom