The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Windshield Availability In The US?

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
5:05 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone in the US had their windshield replaced yet?

I took a good sized rock to the windshield the other day. It left a big divot. I filled it with repair epoxy within a couple of miles. It should hold for a while. I called my insurer. They automatically connected me to Safelite. Safelite automatically scheduled me for January 1, 2025. I tried calling Safelite but, apparently, they’ve fired all human beings from their customer service team and everything is handled online. I was unable to speak with anyone.

When I called my insurer back to ask for help they said that windshields are not available yet and then said, “I haven’t even heard of this vehicle”. 😩🤣
Does anyone have a windshield they’re not using? Dealers???

Mossy Ineos Grenadier TX

Production/Transit
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
6:05 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone in the US had their windshield replaced yet?

I took a good sized rock to the windshield the other day. It left a big divot. I filled it with repair epoxy within a couple of miles. It should hold for a while. I called my insurer. They automatically connected me to Safelite. Safelite automatically scheduled me for January 1, 2025. I tried calling Safelite but, apparently, they’ve fired all human beings from their customer service team and everything is handled online. I was unable to speak with anyone.

When I called my insurer back to ask for help they said that windshields are not available yet and then said, “I haven’t even heard of this vehicle”. 😩🤣
Does anyone have a windshield they’re not using? Dealers???
Yep, you'll have to go to the dealer for now. We've been seeing a ton of cracks from rock chips. We've started ordering a big supply to have on hand. The windshields ship from Belgium and take about 2-3 weeks to arrive, FYI.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:05 PM
Reaction score
I called KO in Framingham and they said I had to go through a windshield company who has to order it from a dealer. I’ll check with Curry. I’m going on week 3 (in a few days) waiting for a windshield.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I called KO in Framingham and they said I had to go through a windshield company who has to order it from a dealer. I’ll check with Curry. I’m going on week 3 (in a few days) waiting for a windshield.
I would imagine that means that KO isn't willing to do their own glasswork... If Curry doesn't have an answer, get in touch with RDS, they do the glass

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer fitted me with Exoshield which is kind of like a screen protector for your iPhone but fits on your front windscreen to prevent chips and cracks. They have been fitting it on Jeeps for quite a while with good success. It ran me $650. Seems like a good investment long term.

Attachments

• B6131B27-5173-4393-9BA3-4D1858054E49.jpeg
    B6131B27-5173-4393-9BA3-4D1858054E49.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
  • 46D95450-A1C8-4A28-9AA6-EBC8DB2270E1.jpeg
    46D95450-A1C8-4A28-9AA6-EBC8DB2270E1.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer has them. But my dealer is two hours away. I stopped by the local Safelite and spoke to the manager. They were very helpful. They’re not making or sourcing their own Grenadier windshields yet and they don’t have a mechanism in place to buy direct from a dealer. They also don’t know what trim pieces will need to be replaced. Safelite is going to reach out to Ineos for instruction. I’ll update when I make some progress. If you’re interested, the windshield cost is $1640 and will require calibration of the camera for the ADAS system.

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer fitted me with Exoshield which is kind of like a screen protector for your iPhone but fits on your front windscreen to prevent chips and cracks. They have been fitting it on Jeeps for quite a while with good success. It ran me $650. Seems like a good investment long term.
I’m sure the technology has improved but when I used one of the early film protectors it turned in to a bit of a nightmare. Fine scratches in the film - thousands of them, eventually - led to a somewhat dangerous night time driving experience. Oncoming headlights would amplify the spider web of scratches and distort my vision. After a couple of years, the film was so damaged it had to be removed, which I attempted to do with a heat gun and some solvent. If the film did one thing exceedingly well, it was bonding to the glass. I ended up replacing the windshield.

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m sure the technology has improved but when I used one of the early film protectors it turned in to a bit of a nightmare. Fine scratches in the film - thousands of them, eventually - led to a somewhat dangerous night time driving experience. Oncoming headlights would amplify the spider web of scratches and distort my vision. After a couple of years, the film was so damaged it had to be removed, which I attempted to do with a heat gun and some solvent. If the film did one thing exceedingly well, it was bonding to the glass. I ended up replacing the windshield.
I hope mine doesn’t end up like your but it comes w a warranty so should be ok, I think…

Local time
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone is going to come out with a tear away option for this.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
These are the parts installed and their cost (list price) for my recent windshield replacement. The "Drain Gutter" is the seal at the top of the windshield and cannot be reused. They subbed the workof replacing the windshield to a local contractor who they have used extensively.

GRA-7B21-031970 WINDSCREEN 1564.89
GRA-7E21-005990 DRAIN GUTTER 271.58
LABOR (SUBLET) 325.00

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
These are the parts installed and their cost (list price) for my recent windshield replacement. The "Drain Gutter" is the seal at the top of the windshield and cannot be reused. They subbed the workof replacing the windshield to a local contractor who they have used extensively.

GRA-7B21-031970 WINDSCREEN 1564.89
GRA-7E21-005990 DRAIN GUTTER 271.58
LABOR (SUBLET) 325.00
That’s exactly the piece that Safelite was unsure if they reused. Did it come with the windshield or does it need to be ordered separately?

Back
Top Bottom