The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Q&A Americas Will Reservation Holders that convert to a Pre-Order be guaranteed to pay no additional dealer markups?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
9:55 AM
Reaction score
Will Reservation Holders that convert to a Pre-Order be guaranteed to pay no additional dealer markups?

Solution
INEOS Americas Response:

"We are asking all of our initial Retail Partners to deliver any Pre-Orders at MSRP. We firmly believe that we have chosen excellent partners to represent us and that they will honor this commitment."

CB

Reservation Holder
Local time
11:55 AM
Reaction score
As an early reservation holder, I will add my 2 cents. I have no issue with the price increase even though reservation holders in Europe prior to the price increase paid the original price. However, I do have an issue with the 20% VAT, which was included for European buyers, was not removed for US pricing. My guess, as an incentive, this was retained to provide a substantial profit margin for US dealers. Therefore, since it is common practice in the US to negotiate the price of a vehicle, I will be negotiating a price below MSRP. I seriously doubt there will be long lines of buyers willing to pay above MSRP for an unproven $80,000 plus vehicle. At the end of the day it is just a vehicle I can certainly live without.

Vote:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:55 PM
Reaction score
"We firmly believe that we have chosen excellent partners to represent us and that they will honor this commitment."
Did you ask a politician?

Vote:
Local time
11:55 AM
Reaction score
The heck with MSRP! We’ve allowed the narrative to become that MSRP is the goal. Whatever happened to dealer discounts?

Vote:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:55 PM
Reaction score
Any updates on this @Stu_Barnes after releasing the latest Q&A vid last week?
As stated in the vid, there is no way for an automotive company to force a dealer to charge someone a specific amount for a vehicle. Effectively there is a gentleman's agreement in place that the dealers will charge reservation holders MSRP.

Vote:
Back
Top Bottom