The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Q&A Americas Will Reservation Holders that convert to a Pre-Order be guaranteed to pay no additional dealer markups?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
7:35 AM
Reaction score
Will Reservation Holders that convert to a Pre-Order be guaranteed to pay no additional dealer markups?

Solution
INEOS Americas Response:

"We are asking all of our initial Retail Partners to deliver any Pre-Orders at MSRP. We firmly believe that we have chosen excellent partners to represent us and that they will honor this commitment."

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
INEOS Americas Response:

"We are asking all of our initial Retail Partners to deliver any Pre-Orders at MSRP. We firmly believe that we have chosen excellent partners to represent us and that they will honor this commitment."

Last edited:
Vote:
Solution

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:35 AM
Reaction score
This is a terrible response because it is not an answer. It’s a yes or no question. The reply is a “maybe, perhaps and we hope so”. I went back to the email I/we received on April 21, 2023. There is a video attached to that email in which Greg Clark lays out what we should expect next. I went back to watch it because I recall Greg mentioning how dealerships were not going to mark-up prices to reservation holders but had no restrictions on the matter of mark ups once all reservation holders purchased. Either I lost my mind and made all of that up or the video has been edited and the part regarding markups has been removed. Can anyone else recall that part of the video?

Vote:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't remember it from the video, although, I can't say I paid much attention to it because all the information had already been given out at the drive event.

With that being said, what was said in person was effectively what their answer above is.

Vote:

uncledoodoo

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
9:35 AM
Reaction score
This is a terrible response because it is not an answer. It’s a yes or no question. The reply is a “maybe, perhaps and we hope so”. I went back to the email I/we received on April 21, 2023. There is a video attached to that email in which Greg Clark lays out what we should expect next. I went back to watch it because I recall Greg mentioning how dealerships were not going to mark-up prices to reservation holders but had no restrictions on the matter of mark ups once all reservation holders purchased. Either I lost my mind and made all of that up or the video has been edited and the part regarding markups has been removed. Can anyone else recall that part of the video?
That's because American law is on the side of the dealer, just ask Ford, they've been dealing with this over the Bronco since its release. Basically Ineos is hoping their dealers won't add ADM and they screened them to their best ability, but in the end, they can't promise because that would expose them legally. I know everyone wants a "yes or no" answer, that would be great, but after over 2 years of this with Ford Bronco reservations, I know there is no such answer. Only Tesla, so far, has direct control over their end-user pricing.

Vote:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's because American law is on the side of the dealer, just ask Ford, they've been dealing with this over the Bronco since its release. Basically Ineos is hoping their dealers won't add ADM and they screened them to their best ability, but in the end, they can't promise because that would expose them legally. I know everyone wants a "yes or no" answer, that would be great, but after over 2 years of this with Ford Bronco reservations, I know there is no such answer. Only Tesla, so far, has direct control over their end-user pricing.
Well said and I agree completely. Interestingly Ford CEO said they want to go direct sales for their electric cars as soon as they can. DRIVE

Seems ICE will still be traditional dealers buy you’d think if they can successfully pull it off for e sales, maybe things will change everywhere.

Vote:
Local time
Reaction score
It's not just a mark up. It's additional dealer prep fees. Not enough to make you walk away but enough not to want to do business with that dealer again.

These dealers should just charge MSRP and that is it. There is profit in it for them with this. They have no sales effort, cost of customer acquisition or marketing cost. They are just taking an order.

Vote:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m confident that all of that information will become public by way of our members making it such. So we should know that dealer X has fee values 1, 2, 3 and that dealer Y charges these amounts for the same things. I think the collective power of numbers and communication will serve us, as a group, well.

Vote:

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I’m confident that all of that information will become public by way of our members making it such. So we should know that dealer X has fee values 1, 2, 3 and that dealer Y charges these amounts for the same things. I think the collective power of numbers and communication will serve us, as a group, well.
I thought recent email communication said that the dealers are "assigned" and that they may charge whatever they want for accessories. There is nothing stating dealerships may be changed. Buyers will also not know who their dealer is until after the preorder process has ended. If you want to change dealers you will have to abandon your preorder and deal exclusively with a dealer thereafter. Obviously you can pick whatever one you want at that time.

Vote:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought recent email communication said that the dealers are "assigned" and that they may charge whatever they want for accessories. There is nothing stating dealerships may be changed. Buyers will also not know who their dealer is until after the preorder process has ended. If you want to change dealers you will have to abandon your preorder and deal exclusively with a dealer thereafter. Obviously you can pick whatever one you want at that time.
This was answered directly from IA:

IMG_0564.jpeg

Vote:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Let me follow up - we were defaulted a dealer based on geography, but as I understand it, once dealers are actually accepted and named, we can then request our trucks to be delivered to that location. There will be no need for a new order or loss of place.

Vote:

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I was wrong. From email...

"INEOS will send you an email on or around the date that we announce our Dealer network identifying the Dealer that has been assigned to you. If you wish to change your Dealer, then you must follow the instructions provided in the email communication by the specified deadline."

I do wonder when the deadline occurs in relation to signing a contract, etc.

Vote:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Let me follow up - we were defaulted a dealer based on geography, but as I understand it, once dealers are actually accepted and named, we can then request our trucks to be delivered to that location. There will be no need for a new order or loss of place.
It’s like @Stu_Barnes is a mind reader-DEALER DIRECTORY
@255/85

Vote:

crashnburn

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:35 AM
Reaction score
I believe the only issue is if the next dealer is over x hours away...

Vote:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
True. But I’ll make a drive to be treated respectfully and honestly.

Likewise... The shop that works on our vehicles currently is a 5.5hr drive (each way) from us; it was an 8hr drive home with our Sprinter, and for the purchase of our Tacoma (and Tundra at the same time) I contacted over 30 dealers to find who was willing to actually give me what I was looking for (instead of selling what they had).

Vote:

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Following on with the markup conversation, its still very early days. Here's my first proposal at me maintaining my sanity over this.

• Let the dealer locations be announced.
  • I'll speak to each of the locations and see if they will commit to an MSRP price.
  • I'll ask them what their rate is for the installation of extras or will that be baked into the MSRP price.
After we receive this information we should be in a better situation. I just hope that we are in the position to chose to take our business elsewhere before were locked in and have a surprise markup thrown at us.

There are prospective INEOS dealerships that are on the forum already, if and when they are formally announced then I'll officially open the discussion with them and take it form there to ensure that we get a fair price.

Of course at the other end of the spectrum theres is a group buy, this will not be stopped or hindered by INEOS. Collectively theres several millions of dollars worth of orders here, I'm sure we'll be ok.

Vote:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:35 PM
Reaction score
There is a video attached to that email in which Greg Clark lays out what we should expect next. I went back to watch it because I recall Greg mentioning how dealerships were not going to mark-up prices to reservation holders but had no restrictions on the matter of mark ups once all reservation holders purchased. Either I lost my mind and made all of that up or the video has been edited and the part regarding markups has been removed. Can anyone else recall that part of the video?
This bit:
Screenshot_20221231_072226_com.android.chrome.jpg

Vote:
Back
Top Bottom