The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Q&A Americas Final Price

Local time
9:28 AM
Reaction score
Final Price.

I just pre-ordered a Grenadier in the U.S. However, there is some language in the terms & conditions that scare me.
Seem to indicate the final price, EVEN FOR RESERVATION HOLDERS, is determined by the dealer! If true, the dealer can tack on any mark-up they want ($10K, 20K, etc.)
I attended the event in Tampa and the host specifically said reservation holders will only have to pay MSRP. Have they reneged on this promise?

Last edited by a moderator:

CB

Local time
8:28 AM
Reaction score
I just pre-ordered a Grenadier in the U.S. However, there is some language in the terms & conditions that scare me.
Seem to indicate the final price, EVEN FOR RESERVATION HOLDERS, is determined by the dealer! If true, the dealer can tack on any mark-up they want ($10K, 20K, etc.)
I attended the event in Tampa and the host specifically said reservation holders will only have to pay MSRP. Have they reneged on this promise?
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!! I was at the same event.

Vote:
Local time
Reaction score
I hope it's a misunderstanding. If not, and if the Tampa dealer tried to add mark-up, I'm cancelling and going with the Lexus LX-600.

Reactions: CB
Vote:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The way it was explained to us by Ineos employees at the drive event was that there was a bit of a gentleman's agreement regarding the reservation holders getting MSRP, however, they were very clear about the fact that due to franchising agreements in the US, as with every other automaker, the manufacturer cannot force a dealership to sell the vehicle for a certain price.

Vote:
Local time
Reaction score
The way it was explained to us by Ineos employees at the drive event was that there was a bit of a gentleman's agreement regarding the reservation holders getting MSRP, however, they were very clear about the fact that due to franchising agreements in the US, as with every other automaker, the manufacturer cannot force a dealership to sell the vehicle for a certain price.
Thank you for your comment.
I was very hopeful that I would not have to put up with the usual dealership BS. You all know what I'm talking about. Thought Ineos would be different.

Vote:
Local time
Reaction score
It also looks like Delivery Fee isn't included in the configured price so I'm anticipating an additional $1400.

Vote:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Always something…. I’m probably extra juiced out west here in Oregon, wouldn’t be surprised if it’s twice that

Usually (other vehicles in general) destination charge is the same anywhere in the Lower 48

Vote:

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:28 AM
Reaction score
I attended the Vancouver BC drive event yesterday. (In Rosedale BC.)

Without anyone asking (they know it's on everyones' minds), the Ineos staff said very clearly that MSRP would be honoured for reservation holders. Full stop. But after the reservation era, dealers will have the freedom to charge whatever they want.

The configurator web site says: "The price shown is the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) and does not include destination fee, the cost of accessories installation and local sales taxes. The purchase and installation of Accessories must be agreed upon directly with an INEOS dealer."

As I read it, pessimistically, the quoted MSRP on an order will be honoured but there can be charges beyond MSRP.

The Ineos person said accessory installation would be labour at a higher end shop rate. Not a lot of room to inflate that. But "destination fee" could be anything...

As an aside, it's a kick in the nuts that, without adding any more options, a Trialmaster or Fieldmaster are both above the Luxury Vehicle Tax threshold in Canada.

Vote:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I attended the Vancouver BC drive event yesterday. (In Rosedale BC.)

Without anyone asking (they know it's on everyones' minds), the Ineos staff said very clearly that MSRP would be honoured for reservation holders. Full stop. But after the reservation era, dealers will have the freedom to charge whatever they want.
Are the dealer/franchise laws similar to those in the US? Here, manufacturers essentially have no legal authority to bind dealers to any particular price.

Vote:

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are the dealer/franchise laws similar to those in the US? Here, manufacturers essentially have no legal authority to bind dealers to any particular price.

If push came to shove, that's important to know. And I don't know if they're relying on legal authority or good faith. But having just heard Ineos tell multiple groups of reservation holders, in person, that the dealer franchises will honour MSRP (but nothing else), I'll believe it until I see otherwise. AND ... in the same breath, Ineos also reminded us that for orders after June 30 ... dealers can charge anything they want to.

So IMO that's likely what the franchises will have their eyes on: a smooth start with less profit on a very small early group but then the sky's the limit for gouging that same group when they return for service and accessories and the sky's really the limit for all future orders after June 30.

Vote:

Saaaasquatch

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
We were told at the TX drive event that the payment was being made to INEOS for the vehicle so you’d be sure to only pay MSRP. They also said you’d likely have 2 of the closest dealers as options to take delivery through.

Vote:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We were told at the TX drive event that the payment was being made to INEOS for the vehicle so you’d be sure to only pay MSRP. They also said you’d likely have 2 of the closest dealers as options to take delivery through.
For what it's worth, that was very early on in the process (The TX events were the first two in North America); some things have definitely changed since that point

Vote:

IG_LA

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I called the toll-free number, which connects all the way to Britain on May 31st. I was told that IG is asking their dealership partnership to "not to put too much interest % on these cars." IG is negotiating with the dealerships to adhere to this request from IG.

Vote:

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I called the toll-free number, which connects all the way to Britain on May 31st. I was told that IG is asking their dealership partnership to "not to put too much interest % on these cars." IG is negotiating with the dealerships to adhere to this request from IG.
What do you mean “interest %”?

Vote:

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I would expect a rock solid “special APR” in conjunction with honoring MSRP. Don’t forget, early adopters help get the product out into the wild, for others to see, thus increasing future demand. It would be wise for corporate to help incentive early adopters to keep their reservations, with a good APR %, as it will help the factory sell more units. Imagine the inverse, where the Grenadier fails to launch into the hands of consumers, thus quickly becoming forgotten about. It happens all the time in the automotive world when products launch into the market place with much fanfare only to then flop.

I think we are all going to be very happy, at the end of the day, for being early adopters with guaranteed MSRP plus hopefully attractive APR rates for the American Market place!

Vote:
Back
Top Bottom