The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Why I'm installing a Black Sheep Roof Platform

MikeF

Grenadier Ordered
Contract Signed
Local time
11:42 AM
Reaction score

Unimog 406

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:42 AM
Reaction score
Black Sheep Innovations Roof Platform: https://blacksheep-innovations.shop/en/Sheep-Roof-Carrier-Base-Element-for-Ineos-Grenadier/IG-GE-PF
Thinking of this as a photography/sound recording platform plus carriage. Also as a refuge, see below..... Anyone installed one?
View: https://youtu.be/I3FruN_Lu5g?si=ygLT2qXpVbS0kPIz
Hi Mike
Do you know if this link is private?
Or would it be best to use an email account to discuss, for a frank discussion of my experience so far?
Graham

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:42 PM
Reaction score
If you have some experience with the BlackSheep roof top platform I’d be interested in hearing it as well. Been contemplating the different options out there for when ours comes soon.

TRAILMASTER

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:42 PM
Reaction score
Hi Mike
Or would it be best to use an email account to discuss, for a frank discussion of my experience so far?
Graham
I second you posting feedback on this Forum of your pros/cons as considering various roof platform products.
Feel free to direct message me instead if preferred

Very insulting the Stampede clip actor calls the Defender 110 (mirror-image of mine) a jeep

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes please post here, as I am also lining one up 😄

Unimog 406

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:42 AM
Reaction score
I thought I was being discrete and messaging privately, obviously not, I have issues which have not been finalised as yet.
Its best I wait for the outcome of my problem.
G

MikeF

Grenadier Ordered
Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Mike
Graham
Hi Graham, thanks for your response. I would be very interested to hear your thoughts. mpfitzgerald@live.com.au. Please email me. It is not a cheap option and I remain skeptical as to how practical it will be for carrying stuff in addition to something to stand on for my hobbies of nature sound recording and photography. Hope to hear from you. Cheers Mike

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Bumping this thread, in the hope of receiving some real-world reviews of Black Sheep's roof rack.

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:42 AM
Reaction score
Bumping this thread, in the hope of receiving some real-world reviews of Black Sheep's roof rack.
Im with you Crimson . I'm keen to get their roof rack once they get a distributor in AUST (I believe Thomas from Black Sheep said he was looking into it) They are expensive to purchase in $AU and just as expensive to freight. However I like the concept and mounting arrangement. Nice low profile. Nice integrated systems that tie into it.

My second option is get the Alu-cab mountaing system and adapt to a local roof rack. https://www.alu-cab.com/product/ineos-grenadier-load-bar-feet/

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:42 PM
Reaction score
Im with you Crimson . I'm keen to get their roof rack once they get a distributor in AUST (I believe Thomas from Black Sheep said he was looking into it) They are expensive to purchase in $AU and just as expensive to freight. However I like the concept and mounting arrangement. Nice low profile. Nice integrated systems that tie into it.

My second option is get the Alu-cab mountaing system and adapt to a local roof rack. https://www.alu-cab.com/product/ineos-grenadier-load-bar-feet/
I’m interested in the AluCab option as an alternative as well. Just need to make sure it’s strong enough to support our iKamper RTT and trying to find some reviews from those who’ve installed it.

Back
Top Bottom