The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Which models can be ordered?

Local time
12:11 AM
Reaction score
I am a little confused, I was under the impression the 'snorkel' was a raised air intake and not waterproof.  I assume once we get our hands on this, someone will figure out a way to make it waterproof.  Plumbing tape and silicone.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:11 AM
Reaction score
You are right, it's not waterproof  -   but anyway costs a whopping 744€ as an extra here in Germany. Nakatanenga charges just 299€ for a (real) Defender Version - and they usually offer acceptable quality. Even with a Grenadier/BMW premium for the Grenadier it might still cost 300€ less to buy an aftermarket alternative.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:11 AM
Reaction score
The raised air intake for the Grenadier costs £645 in the UK which compares favourably with a L/R new Defender raised air intake at £660. Any additional drag will be negligible. At this stage in the absence of any proven aftermarket availability, I'd rather have the original oem part,  factory fitted, and have the assurance of a full 3 year warranty.

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:11 AM
Reaction score
To me the clean air use case is enough to warrant getting the air intake. It’s not sealed so I wouldn’t put stock on it to function as a snorkel. I’m sure Safari snorkels will come with a sealed version. The other advantage of getting a factory version is..if and when a true snorkel comes we don’t have to cut into the fenders to route it. I am hoping that the designs would follow the existing air cleaner route but with better sealing. 
My bigger concern is..is the diameter enough to provide the volume of air required by a turbo engine? Maybe that’s why Ineos didn’t fully seal it. We won’t know until we peer under the hood

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:11 PM
Reaction score
The snorkel option in Australia is $1,100.

Paachi - I think it can be added at a later time if needed without any cutting into the right side fender as it fits over/replaces an existing air opening - see photo.

Also - I have seen attachment points on the right A pillar that are plugged without the snorkel fitted.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:11 AM
Reaction score
> Any additional drag will be negligible

In an offroad scenario at low speeds I agree. But in daily driving and even worse on the motorway that's wrong.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:11 PM
Reaction score
All

I have a query into Ineos concerning attaching the OEM snorkel post purchase \.

Back
Top Bottom