The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Where is your Grenadier?

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:55 AM
Reaction score
Hi singlefin and other vehicle searchers. DaBull's car has been found and is not in the Bermuda Triangle, although it may have past through it. Long story short I was provided the VIN of another vehicle I had drove down to look at the was very close to my build, however decided to wait for mine. When I asked for my Vin#, my sales rep thought I meant the one I looked at and not my pre-order. I received my correct Vin this morning, and after searching found my car on the

Hi singlefin and fellow vehicle searchers. Well, DaBull's vehicle is no longer in the Bermuda Triangle, although it may have passed through it and then appeared on the other side. Turns out the Vin my sales rep provided me was a vehicle that I drove down to look at that was very close to my build. It was one that they had available as a result of someone not carrying through on their purchase. I had decided to just stick with my pre-order after all and when I had called my sales rep to get the Vin, he thought I meant the other vehicle. Today I received the correct Vin# and went on the search site
and started plugging Customer Ref Numbers that forum members had posted. After searching for a bit, I found it on the Don Quijote, which is set to arrive at Port Hueneme on Valentines Day, February 14th at sometime between 6:00AM am to 2:00PM.
Since I am only 1/4 mile from the port entrance and can see every ship entering and leaving the port, I am going to grab my camera and hopefully get some photos as it arrives. If anyone else has a Grenadier on the Don Quijote, I will post a few photos on the forum site. Thanks for everyone's help and assistance in looking for DaBull's Shale Blue Grenadier. I am going to tell my wife that her Valentine's present is on it's way. ;) That is of course See's Candy and Flowers! DaBull
Or a Dark chocolate covered Grenadier that when she "cracks" it open there's @DaBull in his Bday suit 😆!

ScottnAZ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:55 PM
Reaction score
and started plugging Customer Ref Numbers that forum members had posted. After searching for a bit, I found it on the Don Quijote, which is set to arrive at Port Hueneme on Valentines Day, February 14th
Good news you got it sorted! What’s the Ref number used to locate that manifest? Thx

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:55 PM
Reaction score
Good news you got it sorted! What’s the Ref number used to locate that manifest? Thx
Check out page 13 for Customer Ref #s.
Hopefully you find yours there, assuming you have the VIN already.

ScottnAZ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Check out page 13 for Customer Ref #s.
Hopefully you find yours there, assuming you have the VIN already.
Yeah, I’ve become cross-eyed searching all the Ref #’s, even that massive list in the AU thread. To no avail. I do have a VIN (11441), dealer has no updated info, IA has no updated info either (last they said was “awaiting collection”, which was 2+ weeks ago).

Time to put it out of mind and be patient…..we’re just so dang close to the finish line though!!

Last edited:

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, I’ve become cross-eyed searching all the Ref #’s, even that massive list in the AU thread. To no avail. I do have a VIN (11441), dealer has no updated info, IA has no updated info either (last they said was “awaiting collection”, which was 2+ weeks ago).
Hi ScottAZ, Well my Grenaider, named DaBull, in homage of the big wave rider Greg Noll, is already checking out the surf and doing Baja. DaBullDaBull doing Baja Already.jpg

matt34

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ok, interesting update. There seems to be some "mystery" boats carrying Grenadiers that are not operated by Wallenius Wilhelmsen therefore not showing up on their system when we search. I have not been able to confirm this yet but my dealer (Mossy in Vista, CA) claims that a shipment arrived in Port Hueneme yesterday. Also, heard from another dealer as well that this occurred. So if this is accurate them they arrived on a boat called the Amber Arrow which did arrive yesterday morning and has now departed for Tacoma. The Don Quijote is also arriving tomorrow and there are definitely Grenadiers on that boat. Fingers crossed for everyone waiting on the west coast.

Jack123

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ok, interesting update. There seems to be some "mystery" boats carrying Grenadiers that are not operated by Wallenius Wilhelmsen therefore not showing up on their system when we search. I have not been able to confirm this yet but my dealer (Mossy in Vista, CA) claims that a shipment arrived in Port Hueneme yesterday. Also, heard from another dealer as well that this occurred. So if this is accurate them they arrived on a boat called the Amber Arrow which did arrive yesterday morning and has now departed for Tacoma. The Don Quijote is also arriving tomorrow and there are definitely Grenadiers on that boat. Fingers crossed for everyone waiting on the west coast.

Hello Matt - did you mean Mossy in National City? Which is next town to Chula Vista. I was there yesterday and they did mention that there was a delivery in Point Hueneme...

IG_LA

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi singlefin and other vehicle searchers. DaBull's car has been found and is not in the Bermuda Triangle, although it may have past through it. Long story short I was provided the VIN of another vehicle I had drove down to look at the was very close to my build, however decided to wait for mine. When I asked for my Vin#, my sales rep thought I meant the one I looked at and not my pre-order. I received my correct Vin this morning, and after searching found my car on the

Hi singlefin and fellow vehicle searchers. Well, DaBull's vehicle is no longer in the Bermuda Triangle, although it may have passed through it and then appeared on the other side. Turns out the Vin my sales rep provided me was a vehicle that I drove down to look at that was very close to my build. It was one that they had available as a result of someone not carrying through on their purchase. I had decided to just stick with my pre-order after all and when I had called my sales rep to get the Vin, he thought I meant the other vehicle. Today I received the correct Vin# and went on the search site
and started plugging Customer Ref Numbers that forum members had posted. After searching for a bit, I found it on the Don Quijote, which is set to arrive at Port Hueneme on Valentines Day, February 14th at sometime between 6:00AM am to 2:00PM.
Since I am only 1/4 mile from the port entrance and can see every ship entering and leaving the port, I am going to grab my camera and hopefully get some photos as it arrives. If anyone else has a Grenadier on the Don Quijote, I will post a few photos on the forum site. Thanks for everyone's help and assistance in looking for DaBull's Shale Blue Grenadier. I am going to tell my wife that her Valentine's present is on it's way. ;) That is of course See's Candy and Flowers! DaBull
Good thing that wasn't yours because it looks like that's for sale (#6845) at the dealership together with two more Grenadiers.

ScottnAZ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I believe the cust ref no for that one is 6200002557 on the WW site.
Thank you, I appreciate it!

Not on that one either. Honestly, I think I spend too much time on this forum, and now I’m super hyped and desperate to get this Grenadier for my wife :).

I waited nearly 2 years for my Rivian to arrive, and because of the lack of information, I just kinda “rolled with it” until it was ready. Now here we sit searching the manifest of various ships crossing the ocean in the middle of the night…. (Sometimes access to too much information is a bad thing) 🤷‍♂️😳😁

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Could this be the Mystery Ship???View attachment 7844069
DaBull's Grenadier and others arrived at Port Hueneme this morning 2-14-2024, Valentines Day, on the car carrying vessel the Don Quijote.
Ramp Coming Down.jpgReady to Unload.jpgTicket.jpgDon Quixote.jpg
I live near the port, so I drove over to see if I could capture a photo of the ship Don Quijote. Jumped out of my New Defender and stepped to the other side to take a photo and as I turned around to get back into my vehicle, a parking maid had already pulled up and proceeded to give me a $53 ticket. I know this is not going to be the first time my Grenadier gets me into trouble or costs me more money then ever including now having to opt for 2 dozen roses vs 1 dozen roses for Valentine's day to keep my wife calm and on the Grenadier path.

So I next decided to park in a spot across from the Port where I would not get another ticket, (I am wiser now), and walked across this vacant field and proceeded to climb a large dirt mound to hopefully catch a view of them off loading my Grenadier. It took over 30 min from the time the ramp started being lowered before it was fully on the ground. Then they removed a huge catamaran, 3 cabin cruisers, 50 pieces of new heavy duty earth moving construction equipment. It was amazing what was coming out of the back of that ship. Then I saw headlights peak out from inside the ship and was prepared to see the first Grenadiers get unloaded including mine. Instead they started to unload 300+ Volvo SUV's. At this point I have been standing and balancing myself on top of this mound for longer than I will admit to and decided to google, "How many cars does a car carrying ship hold?" The answer was amazing, the equivalent of 10 football fields, 8500 cars. It was immediately apparent that my knees were going to give out before I would see the my Grenadier's drive down the ramp. I resigned myself to knowing that I would have to wait for my first encounter with my Grenadier in 2-3 weeks at Rusnak Ineos Grenadier in Pasadena.

The chase has been fun, however I am ready for my new Grenadier.
By the way, there was another shipment of Grenadier's already stacked up at the port, which I believe were dropped off from the ship Helios Leader the day before.
There's going to be a lot of happy Grenadier owners soon!

Last but not least, it may be appropriate that my Grenadier arrived on the Don Quijote, as sometimes I feel like I am tilting at windmills. Did you know that the book Don Quijote was first written in 1605 and is the most sold book in the world, only behind the bible. I immediately ordered a copy on Amazon to read it again, last time was over 50 years ago, to find out why I am still tilting at windmills.

For those like me still tilting at windmills, here's a link to the copy I ordered on Amazon. Whenever we get together we will now have something to talk about then just
Grenadier, well maybe.

Enjoy DaBull

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:55 PM
Reaction score
The Grenadier is in the Dealer's showroom waiting a software fix for the passenger side airbag (there was a bug in the Australian firmware). The bug has already delayed delivery over 2 weeks. I may get it next week, if the fix comes today. There will be no firm delivery date until the bug is fixed.

The Grenadier was put in the Showroom to avoid a hail storm 2 days ago. Nice to know the Dealer is protecting the car.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:55 PM
Reaction score
crashnburn - don't make the same mistake I made. I started tracking my ship and watched it cruise to just a little west of Ireland, and then I concluded they dropped anchor and had some sort of mechanical issue since it did not continue West. It was only after a FEW DAYS that I realized that the tracking site I was using required users to PAY EXTRA to track the ship after it exited the free coastal tracking umbrella! I'm proud of myself for not forking over the cash, but, truthfully, I only held back because I missed a few days of tracking time wondering why the hell they were still at anchor off the coast of Ireland. It eventually popped up on time right outside Brunswick when it was again picked up by the coastal tracking system. Yeah, I'm an idiot.

Back
Top Bottom