The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Where do you plan to keep your Grenadier?

Where will you keep your Grenadier?

• Garage

Votes: 36 42.4%
  • Carport

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Open air in the wild

Votes: 37 43.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
10:49 PM
Reaction score
The question has been asked by @bmore_burnsy and it's an interesting one. Sometimes location dictates and sometimes there are options but we are all subject to this same dilemma.

Where do you plan to put your Grenadier when you close the door for the final time that day?

Select one, two or all three options.

If I've missed anything then let me know.

(votes will not be made public for obvious reasons on this one)

Reactions: PBD

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:49 PM
Reaction score
I was going to leave in the front driveway where my current 4x4 is but my insurer of choice refused to insure it unless it’s usual night parking spot was inside a garage. So I am now in the process of having my old garage door removed and replaced by one that will allow an additional 300mm of height so the IG will get in. The next question is which car then gets kicked out of the garage

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:49 PM
Reaction score
While it may sound romantic to leave the Grenadier out in the elements like a real man it is not always practical or sensible.
While we are only 50 metres from the water, and our average temperatures are quite mild, 13.5 hours of sunlight a day and highs ranging from 25-35 Celcius in summer would make my Donny Gray Grenadier too hot to touch and way too hot inside.
We don't get a lot of rain but when it rains it rains.
On top of this the close proximity of the cooling salt water also brings with it salt spray.
So generally it will be under the carport but in time of storms or cyclones it will be in the garage
Below is a picture at low tide
1683062557869.png1683063828212.png

Attachments

• 1683063386105.png
    1683063386105.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
  • 1683063695433.png
    1683063695433.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 72

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:49 AM
Reaction score
While it may sound romantic to leave the Grenadier out in the elements like a real man it is not always practical or sensible.
While we are only 50 metres from the water, and our average temperatures are quite mild, 13.5 hours of sunlight a day and highs ranging from 25-35 Celcius in summer would make my Donny Gray Grenadier too hot to touch and way too hot inside.
We don't get a lot of rain but when it rains it rains.
On top of this the close proximity of the cooling salt water also brings with it salt spray.
So generally it will be under the carport but in time of storms or cyclones it will be in the garage
Below is a picture at low tide
View attachment 7810203View attachment 7810206
STOP POSTING SUCH BEAUTIFUL IMAGES WHILE I AM SUPPOSED TO WORK!

Jeremy996

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:49 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Last edited:

CryHavoc

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Mine will be tucked into the insulated monster garage. Any sun fade, water marks, scratches, and dents will happen with proper use (not careless asshats) to the greatest degree possible ;)

STACHES

Reservation Holder
Local time
11:49 PM
Reaction score
I always say my vehicle will be garaged for insurance, but the garage is always full of projects, so they live outside 🤷‍♂️

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:49 AM
Reaction score
Luckily, when I had my oak framed buildings built, I specified they be high enough to accept my Defender. Fortunately the Grenadier fits the same space.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine is locked away in its own purpose built shed.. I’m still tucking it in at night and reading it a story before I go to bed.

I cocked up the height of the roller shutter doors and getting it in means loading either 75kg of counter balance weights or getting my good lady wife and one of the saucepans to get in the back which lowers the rear suspension enough for it to get in by about 1mm…!

It’s pretty snug front and rear as you can see…

Attachments

• IMG_0954.jpeg
    IMG_0954.jpeg
    276.6 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0955.jpeg
    IMG_0955.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0957.jpeg
    IMG_0957.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Luckily, when I had my oak framed buildings built, I specified they be high enough to accept my Defender. Fortunately the Grenadier fits the same space.
I built a pole barn opposite my house a few years ago. Back then I was hoping the jeep gladiator would make it to the UK. I made it tall and deep enough for that vehicle, allowing a lot more height fir roof tents etc. Fast forward to now and its perfect for the grenadier! A vehicle I'd thought wouldn't make it off the drawing board

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm leaning toward letting it run free in the vineyard - it should not be tied down or restrained - but free to roam in great herds like it was before the settlers moved west unleashing carnage. Vast herds of Grenadiers as far as the eye could see...

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
In the process of giving my Grenadier a proper home! Still got to level off the oyster shells and replace the gates with a side-rolling (automatic) one.
The manufacturer claims it is rated for 150 mph winds (needed here in Florida. The actual installation was impressive. From Trailer to fully erected and tied down to ground anchors: 2 hours! PXL_20231109_163429825.jpg

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As a long-time LR owner, I have 8ft tall garage doors so there is no problem fitting the Gren. My 109 will retain its spot, but the RRC will go on the chopping block, ultimately forfeiting its garage space. In ~8 months we’ll be moving and I’ll pick up and extra 2-bays plus 9ft doors :)

Back
Top Bottom