The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What's everyone driving...?

d1rty

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:23 AM
Reaction score
2014 Toyota Tundra.  Just a bit over 100k miles, so barely broken in by Toyota standards.  SR5, CrewMax, 4x4, 5.7 V8.  Did the TRD Pro suspension swap shortly after it was available.  Wish I got off-road more than I do, but the Tundra has been across the county several times, and has been driven HARD in the Mojave desert on a couple of these trips.

Interested in the Grenadier because I've always loved the Defenders from afar.  I've got the itch for something new, and love novel things.

Let's see if the Grendadier shows up before my Cybertruck reservation lol.

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:23 AM
Reaction score
1997 NAS Defender 90 Station Wagon (dusty white)

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
GMC Canyon (Midsize truck based on the same platform as the Chevrolet Colorado). And for our international friends, it's the same platform as the last generation of Isuzu DMax and I think the current Mazda BT-50. 

I also have a Triumph Tiger -- four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul!

chaos

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:23 AM
Reaction score
1997 Toyota Land Cruiser, 3x Locked with 275K on the clock.  I love my LC but hope to have something a little more modern, but with solid axles.  Live in Colorado so going up to the mountains in the slow lane is always a pain. 

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
1997 Mercedes Gelandewagen 300TD with an inline 6 turbo diesel. Imported and federalized. Last of the old school Mercedes diesels before the DPF, CDI etc crap but at the same time modern enough to have a working a/c, cruise control and run at modern highway speeds 

BMW R1200GS

German theme here ?

Gripen

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Got a 2000 Land Rover Discovery II V8 that I hope to replace with the Grenadier in 2-3 years. It's been exciting to see the development from Ineos. Practically checks every box for me.

Michael Gain

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
2020 Ram Rebel2020 4runner Off-road Premium.

The Grenadier is for my wife. It's the first vehicle she has ever been excited about. Now have to decide which current vehicle we will trade in..

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:23 AM
Reaction score
Just sold my 2012 jeep wrangler 2 door, too small for my needs now, owned it for 8 years, had 2.5" lift and 34s, aswell as bumpers, winch etc.

Currently running around in a 2002 hilux

ArtCee

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
2013 G550 and a 2014 RAM Power wagon that I use to pull a 16’ Lance trailer.  The g-wagen has all the tow power I need but a paltry 1000 lbs of payload.  The Grenadier may replace both.

utherjorge

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I have a 2004 Lexus GX, and a 1999 Isuzu Amigo as my fun driver. When it works.

Coffee

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
2013 Land Rover LR4 (AKA Discovery 4) with 5.0 V8.

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Coffee said:

one of my favorite modern LRs. @Coffee important question with or w/o tow package ?

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:23 AM
Reaction score
Coffee said:

At least you don't have the tdv6 AKA "the crank snapper" 

My mates sisters one died last week with 90k on the clock ?

Coffee

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Paachi said:
one of my favorite modern LRs. @Coffee important question with or w/o tow package
1f642.png
Fortunately the former owner added the tow package after he purchased it. He had it properly wired and used all OEM parts. 

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Coffee said:
Fortunately the former owner added the tow package after he purchased it. He had it properly wired and used all OEM parts. 

oh nice ?. That would also bring in the rear lockers. That’s a rare beast

Elson

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Currently driving a Skoda. My current job takes me all across the country to factories and depots, with a greater need for a vehicle to 'roadshow/present' out of the side and back of one no matter where I am, underneath an awning. I really don't want a Transporter, and want something that'll let me do more of my outdoor hobbies in confidence. The power options built into the Grenadier from stock look incredible for what I want, and would stop me edging into a 3 car household, and with (prospectively) more reliability.

Whether or not the Skoda will make it to July next year is another question! If it doesn't, it may well be that the cost of the Grenadier is too much, and a lower mileage D4 might do the vast majority of what I'm after, but there's a huge draw to the Grenadier for being a 'buy it once, buy it right' type of vehicle for me

Coffee

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Paachi said:
oh nice
1f44d.png
. That would also bring in the rear lockers. That’s a rare beast
I wish it had the rear locker. However, it does not have that option.I still enjoy my LR4 very much. It’s white with the black pack, black Compomotive 18” wheels, rock sliders, ladder, roof rack, and hood blackout. One of it’s greatest strengths, results in what is one of (IMO) its few weaknesses. The powerful 5.0L V8 drinks from the small fuel tank like I drink from a beer can. 

Back
Top Bottom