The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What's everyone driving...?

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:54 PM
Reaction score
Actual:

2018 Golf Station Wagon Alltrack 180 HP TSI

2020 Audi TTRS Roadster FL 400 HP

Audi S3 (December 2022) 310 HP

Waiting for: Ineos Grenadier March 2023 286 HP Petrol

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Currently I own a Landrover Discovery Sport HSE 179HP Diesel engine, General Grabber AT3, In my possession since Dec 2016 - (Model 2017) - I had it as company car, after 4 years bought because the company is going "electric preferred". Also working mostly from home office - so I rejected the next company car.
Invested recently in new drive chains, and entire brakes renewed (disks and pads) .. runs fine. Somewhat 100k mls /164k-kms on the clock - except of this no issues.

This is her - - keep her at least until Grenadier arrives. We have also a classic Ford Focus station wagon, unsure of we keep the focus. - The Disco is far more capable.
Disco.001.jpeg

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:54 AM
Reaction score
A subwoofer just pulled up in my driveway with this wrapped around it.
My daughters friend has just moved back to Australia from Canada and she went out this morning and bought this off the dealers lot.
AUD $95K
Salesman must have crapped himself when a 33 year old very loud Canadian woman walked in and purchased it with cash.
She owned a similar one but with larger chunkier tyres back in Canada
She has no plans to take it offroad

IMG_6172.jpg

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A subwoofer just pulled up in my driveway with this wrapped around it.
My daughters friend has just moved back to Australia from Canada and she went out this morning and bought this off the dealers lot.
AUD $95K
Salesman must have crapped himself when a 33 year old very loud Canadian woman walked in and purchased it with cash.
She owned a similar one but with larger chunkier tyres back in Canada
She has no plans to take it offroad

View attachment 7795463
Makes the price of a Grenadier a bargain hey,

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Man maths : You get a discount with Shannons insurance if you own >7 cars. the 1st 7 are all on special interest rego and all used regularly for commuting and trips.

1964 Fiat 1100D Riviera , sat in farmer's shed for 30 years , cost me $2k
1966 Mercedes W108 auto, cost me $1(one)
1967 Mercedes W108 4 speed manual , cost me $4k
1973 Land Rover S3 , sitting untouched outside in the bush for 19 years , cost me $1(one)
1978 Porsche 911SC LHD bought as a daily driver after 25 years Landcruiser ownership , for a change , for $28k
1981 Porsche 928S with rebuilt high hp engine , cost me <$10k
1985 Porsche 944 , sold by the 2nd owner who couldn't get in/out anymore : cost me $2k
1995 Discovery S1 V8 with some offroad mods ($3k)
Wife just bought Volvo XC40 twin motor EV (bloody quick!) traded in GLC Benz
The past 12 years have been lot of fun , the cars finding their way to me ("it followed me home") and variously renovated by myself.
"Fun jobs" - lots of them haha , lots of busted knuckles and snapped tendons , plus almost ripped my nose off removing a rear torsion bar bushing from the 911
The timing belt / front of engine service on the 928 - an epic adventure over 18 months during covid times , with the end potential of bankruptcy if I got it wrong. ,
Hoping to manage the various service tasks on the Grenadier. Even though it's a modern , it should be serviceable to a large extent.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:54 PM
Reaction score
Man maths : You get a discount with Shannons insurance if you own >7 cars. the 1st 7 are all on special interest rego and all used regularly for commuting and trips.

1964 Fiat 1100D Riviera , sat in farmer's shed for 30 years , cost me $2k
1966 Mercedes W108 auto, cost me $1(one)
1967 Mercedes W108 4 speed manual , cost me $4k
1973 Land Rover S3 , sitting untouched outside in the bush for 19 years , cost me $1(one)
1978 Porsche 911SC LHD bought as a daily driver after 25 years Landcruiser ownership , for a change , for $28k
1981 Porsche 928S with rebuilt high hp engine , cost me <$10k
1985 Porsche 944 , sold by the 2nd owner who couldn't get in/out anymore : cost me $2k
1995 Discovery S1 V8 with some offroad mods ($3k)
Wife just bought Volvo XC40 twin motor EV (bloody quick!) traded in GLC Benz
The past 12 years have been lot of fun , the cars finding their way to me ("it followed me home") and variously renovated by myself.
"Fun jobs" - lots of them haha , lots of busted knuckles and snapped tendons , plus almost ripped my nose off removing a rear torsion bar bushing from the 911
The timing belt / front of engine service on the 928 - an epic adventure over 18 months during covid times , with the end potential of bankruptcy if I got it wrong. ,
Hoping to manage the various service tasks on the Grenadier. Even though it's a modern , it should be serviceable to a large extent.
wonderful.

💪

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I sold my "daily cruiser" in September: Chevrolet Camaro. Now i use a small car (Mercedes A-Class) from a friend to drive to work. My Toyota Land Cruiser ist 27 jears old, I do not drive in winter, I have to use it on dry, warm days. And in the winter I don´t like to use my bike (Suzuki). I love the defender, but I cannot repair - so I drive Toyota. My next "daily cruiser" will be the Ineos - offroad use after five years, until then using Toyo.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My wife has decided she wants a Suzuki Jimny.
So yesterday we went and took this blue one for a test drive.
$500 deposit and 12 months wait for delivery.
AUD$41K
It's going to need a bullbar, driving lights, roof rack and some new suspension (probably Old Man Emu 40mm lift)
Not the chunky offroad tyres just some good all terrains.
Motor could use a bit of a power gain but that might be one thing too far.
It will look interesting next to my Grenadier

1667675779679.png1667675839571.png

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
AUD$41K
It's going to need a bullbar, driving lights, roof rack and some new suspension (probably Old Man Emu 40mm lift)

My wife suggested we get a Jimmy instead of the Grenadier. I had to see the funny side 🤣

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:54 PM
Reaction score
Jeeze. Some snazzy setups out there. You know, my 911 just for fun and the G-Wagon for rainy Tuesdays. 🤣

My driveway has my 2020 GMC Sierra AT4 and the Mrs Subaru Outback. We also have a soon to be sold off 2009 Honda Fit (aka Jazz).

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My wife suggested we get a Jimmy instead of the Grenadier. I had to see the funny side 🤣
Luckily my wife loves the Grenadier
We both hate standard bubble cars or SUV's. Quirky/interesting is a must.
As we are moving to the country where there are rougher and gravel roads she also needs something more robust and with better ground clearance than her Mini Cooper Clubman
Not to mention the abundance of hopping suicide machines (Kangaroos) out there.

Red pepper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
AUD$41K

View attachment 7795552View attachment 7795553

On my third one already and for suspension setup really like KONI + EIBACH (+30mm) and Yokohama Geolandar AT GO15 tires. Î

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Current 4x4 is Mitsubishi Pajero Sport. (Have had 3x LR Discoveries, a Pajero and couple of Suzukis in the past) other cars at the moment are Jaguar F-Type S, Jaguar XJS HE, Jaguar XJC, Jaguar E-Type Series 11 2+2.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
On my third one already and for suspension setup really like KONI + EIBACH (+30mm) and Yokohama Geolandar AT GO15 tires. Î
Thanks.
I have owned 2 Suzuki Sierra's and a Holden Drover (long wheel base Sierra)
All soft tops.
They are fun second vehicles
Who sells the suspension setup you have?

Back
Top Bottom