The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What do you do for a living?

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:45 PM
Reaction score
I am a butcher i have worked in the meat industry all my life. As a meat wholesaler on Smithfield Market, worked in an abattoir, as a retail butcher, wholesale butcher and now a meat product manufacturer and wholesaler.
We have traced our family history back to the 1770's (longer than some of you have been independent countries😜)and nearly all have been in the meat trade.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:45 PM
Reaction score
I am a butcher i have worked in the meat industry all my life. As a meat wholesaler on Smithfield Market, worked in an abattoir, as a retail butcher, wholesale butcher and now a meat product manufacturer and wholesaler.
We have traced our family history back to the 1770's (longer than some of you have been independent countries😜)and nearly all have been in the meat trade.
No connection with Sweeney Todd I hope. 😁

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:45 AM
Reaction score
Many many different career paths, butcher, baker, cabinet maker.........just kidding on the cabinet maker.
Accommodation resort business, now semi retired with a waste management business, as they say- "where there's muck there's money" :oops:

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You couldn't get back to 1066 like some of us out of Cornwall? 🤭

Reactions: @nd

RoyalWulff

Forum Supporter
Local time
3:45 PM
Reaction score
Very true. The definition of essential worker spans a broad river.
Amen brother. I have a ton of respect for people who are mechanically inclined and can work with their hands.

I spent 2 decades working in investment banking and then co-ran the private equity group for a very large asset manager. When COVID hit we retreated to Colorado and haven’t left. Trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my life.

Open to suggestions 🙂

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:45 AM
Reaction score
Amen brother. I have a ton of respect for people who are mechanically inclined and can work with their hands.

I spent 2 decades working in investment banking and then co-ran the private equity group for a very large asset manager. When COVID hit we retreated to Colorado and haven’t left. Trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my life.

Open to suggestions 🙂
Retire to the country. Chop wood , fix old cars , garden and make stuff.
I do that whilst keeping my office job. One day I'll stop that!

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I like this thread!

Me:
Academics - Ancient and medieval history
First career - Rock musician
Second career - Building recording studios
Third career - IT
Forth career - Property investment and development
Fifth career - Lawyer (current) - anti-money laundering, financial crime, and other stuff (UK and US)
Sixth career - not yet decided... but preferably something involving moving big things in my new truck!

Local time
2:45 PM
Reaction score
I like this thread!

Me:
Academics - Ancient and medieval history
First career - Rock musician
Second career - Building recording studios
Third career - IT
Forth career - Property investment and development
Fifth career - Lawyer (current) - anti-money laundering, financial crime, and other stuff (UK and US)
Sixth career - not yet decided... but preferably something involving moving big things in my new truck!
I used to work for the Ministry of Silly Walks. It was decent pay, but too much travel. After that I was a space travel agent. Great job with rocketing sales, but a bit too musky for me.

Various other jobs in my life. Professional handshaker, freelance gynecolgist. Chief Biscuit Dunker. Then I became an Iceburg Mover, Professional Mourner, VP of Idea Stalling, Under Secretary to the Sub-Committee, and more.

But man, I tell you, nothing like selling sea shells on the sea shore. Fresh air, long walks on the beach (some silly, you can't just turn off the years of training), beautiful sunsets.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
11:45 PM
Reaction score
I used to work for the Ministry of Silly Walks. It was decent pay, but too much travel. After that I was a space travel agent. Great job with rocketing sales, but a bit too musky for me.

Various other jobs in my life. Professional handshaker, freelance gynecolgist. Chief Biscuit Dunker. Then I became an Iceburg Mover, Professional Mourner, VP of Idea Stalling, Under Secretary to the Sub-Committee, and more.

But man, I tell you, nothing like selling sea shells on the sea shore. Fresh air, long walks on the beach (some silly, you can't just turn off the years of training), beautiful sunsets.
If you ever get bored from selling sea shells, you should apply for a job as professional Autobahn bridge waver. The job is exciting, especially when you are into seeing cars drive under bridges, and the service is ususally highly appreciated by the traffic participants who always look for opportunities to wave back to peolpe whom they don't know but happen to pass on their journey.

Local time
2:45 PM
Reaction score
If you ever get bored from selling sea shells, you should apply for a job as professional Autobahn bridge waver. The job is exciting, especially when you are into seeing cars drive under bridges, and the service is ususally highly appreciated by the traffic participants who always look for opportunities to wave back to peolpe whom they don't know but happen to pass on their journey.
That doesn't even sound like a real job.

Back
Top Bottom