The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you to today?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:05 AM
Reaction score
I was out in the fields and woods again today. It's nice and wet at the moment. Ideal for using the differential locks. Both the reduction and the centre differential lock are very easy to engage. Here, too, you let the vehicle roll slowly and then engage both one after the other.
The front and rear locks are also easy to engage and disengage. Steering movements help when disengaging the locks.
I wanted to say this again because I keep reading that the gear reduction and the locks don't work properly.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:05 AM
Reaction score
@rovie everything fine.
Now 1500kms, mixed off and on the road, - refueled today, 50 litres, avg 12.9 l but for sure hefty short range driving, start stop etc.
On Friday I am on a ride to Marienberg / Saxony - staying there a couple of days then to Hof / Bavaria picking up daughter from her flat for the break. this will be the longest trip for Grenadier so far.
As of now - I had yesterday short the yellow triangle with exclamation mark and the compass did not work. Once Ole was warm and condensation disappeared all fine.
The yellow alert seems like in Disco when different sensors are blocked due to snow, condensation. So nothing special.
Added a LED beam at roof right side facing down.

This morning, there was a pedestrian noticing us .. he showed thumbs up and waved at us.. of course we waved bag.. The guy definitely knows about Grenadier.
Rev1.jpg
Rev2.jpg

Thats currently the situation.. .. tomorrow Mrs Stihl will be put to work.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
6:05 AM
Reaction score
My lad (13) did this video on the way back home this evening. It was dusk with full beam and driving lights on. Night driving is pretty good and the illumination on dip and full beam is more than adequate.

The Gren does throw up a wall of water if you're above 25-30mph and you have to know the road as your lose visibility.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_-sGhTwYKA

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Still on vacation in Saxony Erzgebirge.. visit at Wolkenstein castle, there is a rather medieval style restaurant and bar called .. guess what „Zum Grenadier“
There meet a lot of reenactment clubs.This is in German but the pictures shall illustrate in this link.
IMG_0208.jpeg

IMG_9408.jpeg

This hut is a temporary facility just for the pre Christmas season/ Advent .. the main entrance is covered currently. Certainly a scenic place to meet.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:05 AM
Reaction score
I worked all day from morning until now.

Together with my son
- brought an iSeries (aka AS/400) to a customer and carried it to the second floor (40 Kg).
- checked a network installation with my Softing analyser and unpacked and installed 4 new Linux PCs and monitors.
- ate a "Leberkäsweck mit Salzgurke" (meatloaf roll with salted cucumber?) for lunch with my son.
Then my son went home and I
- updated all PCs to the latest software versions.
- had a fight with the iSeries, because it didn't want to accept my console configuration.
- came out of the office at the customer and found that the sun is shining.
- drove home through heavy rush hour traffic.
- looked at this forum and wrote this post.
- found myself asleep in my office chair after half an hour.

It was an atypical day. I'm not used to this kind of work anymore (as opposed to what I normally do: write software).
Tomorrow will be better. Then I will transfer the data from the old system to the new one and switch off the old system after all tests have been done. It was a three months project (system migration).

Friday will be the best: Then I will write the invoice.

View attachment 7809471View attachment 7809472
As/400. Now that’s a name I’ve not heard in a long time. A long time.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
It's a better machine than ever and is suitable for both small and large businesses. My smallest customer is three women with a small used €10,000 system, my largest runs an AS400 that serves 10,000 customers (all banking) at the same time and costs €10 million.

Since the introduction of the AS400 / iSeries in 1988 this system has never been hacked by anybody. It is an absolutely bulletproof system, and that's why you often find it data centers and in banking environments.

After 40 years on a whole zoo of hardware platforms and operating systems, I don't know of any other system that is so secure. And yes, the AS/400 is still alive. The hardware can have up to 192 Power8-CPUs and up to 16 TB RAM. And it can not only run OS/400 (the native AS/400 operating system) but as well Linux - and it can do this simultaneously and in multiple instances.

You can even apply for an account on an AS/400 for free and develop and run your own software there. Again: for free!

The systems in this data center are physically all located in a German bunker from WW II. They host 35'000 users.
Like I said: bulletproof. :)

The AS/400 is often said to be dead because there are not many people left who can operate and program these machines - and I am one of them. :) This requires knowledge that is no longer taught at universities and is therefore transmitted orally from generation to generation in - well - séances? ;)

If you want to participate in that process, you first have to become a member of the International Brotherhood of Magic.

:cool:

A bit of kidding included. But only a bit 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:05 PM
Reaction score
@rovie everything fine.
Now 1500kms, mixed off and on the road, - refueled today, 50 litres, avg 12.9 l but for sure hefty short range driving, start stop etc.
On Friday I am on a ride to Marienberg / Saxony - staying there a couple of days then to Hof / Bavaria picking up daughter from her flat for the break. this will be the longest trip for Grenadier so far.
As of now - I had yesterday short the yellow triangle with exclamation mark and the compass did not work. Once Ole was warm and condensation disappeared all fine.
The yellow alert seems like in Disco when different sensors are blocked due to snow, condensation. So nothing special.
Added a LED beam at roof right side facing down.

This morning, there was a pedestrian noticing us .. he showed thumbs up and waved at us.. of course we waved bag.. The guy definitely knows about Grenadier.
View attachment 7835446
View attachment 7835447

Thats currently the situation.. .. tomorrow Mrs Stihl will be put to work.
Klarie,

A friend of mine has been repairing chainsaw (and all sorts of non-electrical) outdoor machines for more than 40 years.

He knows every brand inside & out.

He says Stihl is very good, esp. at the professional end.

He says the best chainsaw is Japanese...........

Back
Top Bottom