The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:47 AM
Reaction score
Had to fetch the big ladders from my mother in laws as our gutters needed cleaning out.

I don't have a roof rack or roof bars, so I decided to go for "the carpet runner under the ladder and use the tie downs with straps" approach. It worked really well; my Grenadier is still lightly covered in Elveden mud, (it's just been jet-washed off, I wouldn't say cleaned as it is covered in water marks and the ghost of mud removed).

View attachment 7856003
Purpose built ☺️

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:47 PM
Reaction score
20-INCH LIGHFTFORCE VIPER LED LIGHTBAR
20-inch Lighftforce Viper LED lightbar installed today. Images below, the pictures were taken after the lightbar was attached, but it was not wired up and the blue protective film was still over the lens. The Viper lines up nicely with the grille cross support to minimise disruption to the air flow.
IMG_8950.jpg
IMG_8951.jpg
It was raining so the driving lights are still wet.

BED EXTENSION
The ORS bed extension was also refined to deal with a rattle against the cargo barrier. I also picked up the drawers dividers. The build is nearing completion.

Once the aux power is fixed, it will allow the UHF to be fully installed, no point having the head units in the car with no power. The rock sliders are on order and the XHQ Molle Panels and fuel tanks are installed when the car has the aux power circuit fixed at Expedition HQ (XHQ).

AUX POWER CIRCUITS
The aux power problem is going to be interesting to watch, what is causing the loss of power to most of the aux circuits (one circuit may have power) when all the fuses are OK and power is going out of the busbars but the circuits do not turn on (no LED light turns on the toggle switches and no power). A relay problem, a short or the wiring in the roof panel? Why have I lost so many circuits, is there a weak point in the design? Originally, I thought it was only the passenger footwell circuit, it turned out to be more circuits. What is causing the UHF fuse to blow when plugged in? Over to you XHQ and INEOS.

Last edited:

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
4:47 AM
Reaction score
I towed a small camper over Vail Pass in whiteout conditions under a high wind warning. I pulled off the highway at the top and waited for the squall to move out. No problem maintaining 65 mph on the incline while towing. The Grenadier is more than capable.

Attachments

• IMG_3716.jpeg
    IMG_3716.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 69

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:47 PM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland

Attachments

• IMG_9687.jpeg
    IMG_9687.jpeg
    333.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_9684.jpeg
    IMG_9684.jpeg
    320.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_9689.jpeg
    IMG_9689.jpeg
    321.9 KB · Views: 56

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Out at a client first thing this morning and less than 10 miles from Chandlers, so I popped in and booked my second service at Chandlers of Belton for the 19th June 2024. It will probably be early, (much like my first one), about 22K, rather than the 25k expected.

A first service at Chandlers is around £450, Jason will have to look up the time for a second service, but as their labour rate is £98 per hour, I'm not too concerned. Those of you paying luxury brand dealer labour rates should think about a short break in Lincolnshire for a service!

IGL

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:47 PM
Reaction score
I was in the Donnersberg area (Palatinate) and saw this nice viaduct. It's not roman but the remains of an 1872 railroad bridge.
Nearby is one of a few remaining villages in Germany with a ford through a very small brook. Unfortunately i forgot to take a picture when passing the ford. :oops:

G2.jpg

Attachments

• G1.jpg
    G1.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:

dreamalaska

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:47 AM
Reaction score
I was in the Donnersberg area (Palatinate) and saw this nice viaduct. It's not roman but the remains of an 1872 train bridge.
Nearby is one of a few remaining villages in Germany with a ford through a very small brook. Unfortunately i forgot to take a picture when passing the ford. :oops:

View attachment 7856416
For those who forgot latin MDCCCLXXII = 1872

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Summer has finally arrived in Scotland. Blink and you’ll miss it…View attachment 7856380

After having first thought, you were parked next to George Stephensons Rocket, I have been on your website, please feel free to pop round my house with Rocket Pete and cook up some of that delicious looking meat. 👏 👍

Anyone interested, it’s….Field Fire Fork

pete54

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:47 AM
Reaction score
After having first thought, you were parked next to George Stephensons Rocket, I have been on your website, please feel free to pop round my house with Rocket Pete and cook up some of that delicious looking meat. 👏 👍

Anyone interested, it’s….Field Fire Fork
The barbecue always used to gather the crowds and the questions - now it’s the Grenadier!!

Back
Top Bottom