The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:45 AM
Reaction score
Hi folks,

today I picked up my @Bison-Gear Cargo Barrier and mounted it immediately. The quality is good as usual. Again there were no instructions, but with the pictures from the website it was easy to complete and mount the barrier. The magnet is really strong so the barrier should stay up in offroad use.

Unpacked:
IMG_2172.JPG

IMG_2173.JPG

Folded up...
IMG_2174.JPG
IMG_2175.JPG
IMG_2176.JPG

Folded down and fixed:
IMG_2177.JPG

IMG_2178.JPG

IMG_2179.JPG

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:45 AM
Reaction score
Hi @DaBull,

I would love to make them for you but my hands are not that steady. :ROFLMAO:
It is more of a darker Eldoret blue.
I ordered a Sharpie blue which is a bit darker.

I had these extra fine paint pens that I used

As my hands were not that steady, I had to jot the areas needing paint. Takes a while but addicting/satisfying once you see the colors :D

After it dried, I cleaned up using a magic eraser over the paint spills.
Hi Crashburn, I was just kidding around with you, however thanks for the tip on how you colored yours in.
Looks great. Looks like a fun satisfying project. Thinking if I color the badge in, perhaps a clear non-yellowing coat of epoxy would finish it off and protect it from the elements. Great tip on using the magic eraser. DaBull

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:45 AM
Reaction score
Hi Crashburn, I was just kidding around with you, however thanks for the tip on how you colored yours in.
Looks great. Looks like a fun satisfying project. Thinking if I color the badge in, perhaps a clear non-yellowing coat of epoxy would finish it off and protect it from the elements. Great tip on using the magic eraser. DaBull
:);)

Yes, a clear non-yellowing epoxy is what I had in mind too.
I will need to check my paint surplus here if I have any lying around, I probably do which is a few years old :oops:

Jeroendecker

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:45 AM
Reaction score
In anticipation of the imminent deliveries, what did you do with your Grenadier this weekend?

Tell the community and share the love, and pictures, lots of pictures.

This thread will remain locked until the first member tells me they have taken delivery.
I added a touch of red on the back!

Attachments

• 20240502_145749.jpg
    20240502_145749.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 48

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:45 PM
Reaction score
FIRE EXTINGUISHER NO: 1
I realised I never posted the install of fire extinguisher No. 1.

Quick Fist make a variety of rubber clamps which can attach items to your cargo barrier or rear roof shelf. I used the 25-45mm version to affix the Firestryker fire extinguisher behind the driver’s seat.

I bought some small metal plates from the hardware (plate size varies depending on the clamp used), covered them in black fabric tape and used it to attach two rubber clamps to the cargo barrier.

The black fabric tape makes the metal plates hard to see and cushions the plates to protect the paint and the fabric stops any rattles with the cargo barrier. The 25-45mm clamp uses a single bolt to attach. However, there is hole in the bottom and the top of the Quick Fist clamp, where The Doc used black zip ties, so the clamp was secured in 3 locations. Black fabric tape was placed over the back to tidy up the look, after the image was taken.
View attachment 7851032
View attachment 7851033
Update on the install of the Firestryker. I mounted it using two brackets. On big bumps, it would create a noise by moving between the two mounts. Changing it to a single mount solved the noise. A single QuickFist mount can easily handle the weight. I never foresaw that problem arising.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fridge platform finished; fridge installed in the Grenadier.

Lesson learned, do not use Chinese made tie down straps lying around, they fray and break. Go and find your good Aussie made tie down straps.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered the ABNTR4x4 Rock Sliders today as well. I blame @wakeo for that 😊 Pictures of the sliders on his car here.

The only remaining things to decide are buying bashplates and whether or not I fit a Redarc gauge to monitor turbo boost and EGT.

img_8451-jpg.7852524

img_8454-jpg.7852527

Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fridge platform finished; fridge installed in the Grenadier.

Lesson learned, do not use Chinese made tie down straps lying around, they fray and break. Go and find your good Aussie made tie down straps.
Is the fridge platform in lieu of the front passenger seat?

EDIT: Just read yr other post re. the fridge... so the seat remains but it's "occupied".
I wouldn't get approval for that mod.!😈

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is the fridge platform in lieu of the front passenger seat?

EDIT: Just read yr other post re. the fridge... so the seat remains but it's "occupied".
I wouldn't get approval for that mod.!😈
Yes, the platform is installed over the seat, like it did in the Patrol. The advantage of driving alone, use it how I need it.

Jack123

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:45 AM
Reaction score
I ordered the ABNTR4x4 Rock Sliders today as well. I blame @wakeo for that 😊 Pictures of the sliders on his car here.

The only remaining things to decide are buying bashplates and whether or not I fit a Redarc gauge to monitor turbo boost and EGT.

img_8451-jpg.7852524

img_8454-jpg.7852527

Very nice! Can also use as a side stepper!

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Very nice! Can also use as a side stepper!
According to @wakeo it is not a true sidestep, but it can help to get in. I have a grab handle on my roof-rack so I do not need a true sidestep.

Last edited:

CBN

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
20 INCH LIGHTBAR ON TOP LOOP OF THE ROO BAR?
I have been working on a little project for a few weeks now. I find out tomorrow whether it will work.

I was going to install a 10-inch low profile LED Lightbar under the top loop of the Roo Bar (in NSW it is illegal to mount then above the Roo Bar – even though people do it).

After some research I am now trying to mount a 20-inch lightbar there instead– it will either just fit or not fit. It is so close we need to do an actual test fit.

I needed low profile mounting brackets, which I now have and I have done a test bracket fitting. I had worked out 3 ways to mount the 20-inch lightbar to the bracket, but after the test fitting 2 of those ways will not work. All 3 should work with a 10-inch lightbar. Power will come from the 10 amp bonnet circuit, with some other wiring.

I do not want my mounting brackets or lightbar to be an additional pedestrian risk, so everything must be behind or inline with the Roo Bar. When mounted, the Roo Bar slopes backwards from the bumper.

When I visit ORS tomorrow, we will try and fit the 20-inch lightbar, the worst-case scenario is we fit the 10-inch lightbar instead.

I could not locate many 15-inch lightbars with the right profile – I found one with a hefty price tag (over twice the price of the one I am buying). I want to reduce any interference with air flow to the radiator, so options are limited to single row, low profile lightbars.

I could probably mount the 20 inch lightbar down of the bumper, but with a winch installed, I do not want to drill holes or have bolts in the bumper anywhere near the winch.
I have the 20 inch lightforce lightbar - fits perfectly

Attachments

• 379003477_10159181660586721_2553164027806502632_n.jpg
    379003477_10159181660586721_2553164027806502632_n.jpg
    500.1 KB · Views: 125
Back
Top Bottom