The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:38 AM
Reaction score
Had my windshield replaced and picked it up today. Dropped it off at the dealer with a somewhat ominous mileage of 10,666 miles….

By the time I got home (about 150 miles) I must’ve had close to 100 bug kills on the new windshield. I think because of the steep angle and flatness this is the worst vehicle for the flying insects of the world…It’s also that time of year in New England where all the bugs are coming out

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
By the time I got home (about 150 miles) I must’ve had close to 100 bug kills on the new windshield. I think because of the steep angle and flatness this is the worst vehicle for the flying insects of the world…It’s also that time of year in New England where all the bugs are coming out
After my 940mi drive home from the dealer I made the comment that I don't think I've ever seen a windshield that so violently kills bugs as the Grenadier's

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Had my windshield replaced and picked it up today. Dropped it off at the dealer with a somewhat ominous mileage of 10,666 miles….

That windshield is an incredibly efficient bug killer - the other week I thought I had a rock it the window from the loud explosion I heard. Nope just a big bug :ROFLMAO:

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After my 940mi drive home from the dealer I made the comment that I don't think I've ever seen a windshield that so violently kills bugs as the Grenadier's
So. True!!! One fairly large bug was split in half and could see its ass end as it perished at 80 mph

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
I saw a Quartermaster in the flesh at Purnell Adventure, while I had a few items fixed, the main one being a rattle that has bugged me for weeks. The tub is bigger than I thought and built tough. The techs were doing some pre-delivery work.

I think the upcoming cab chassis (ie no tub) will be hit in Australia, esp since it looks like long range fuel tanks can be fitted on the extended chassis.

Back to the rattle, no rattle so far but it comes and goes, so it will be a week or two before I know for sure. It maybe the heat shields which had some movement before being adjusted. Apparently it has come up a few times before.
The owner posted on facebook

Attachments

• img_2_1714574736388.jpg
    img_2_1714574736388.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 87
  • img_3_1714574750294.jpg
    img_3_1714574750294.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 68

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:38 PM
Reaction score
You're right about the tube looking big...it seems like it could be 1800mm to 2mtr long (y)
It is BIG. Much bigger than I thought from the photos.

It looks like the aux power outlets are different on the QM. I can only see one of the driver's side. Are there some in the tub then?

What is that black thing in the middle of the roof at the rear? The aerial? As the aerial is in the back door of the 2 and 5 seater.

Last edited:
Reactions: Max

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
It is BIG. Much bigger than I thought from the photos.

It looks like the aux power outlets are different on the QM. I can only see one of the driver's side. Are there some in the tub then?

What is that black thing in the middle of the roof at the rear? The aerial? As the aerial is in the back door of the 2 and 5 seater.
Yes, the aerial is mounted outside.

@Grand_Tourgrenadier. Can you please share where the aux power locations can be found. Is there a plug in the tub?

Grand_Tourgrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Quatermaster Owner
Local time
10:38 AM
Reaction score
The rear tub factory power outlet is a cigarette lighter size/style socket with a touch operated lamp above it.

Any further information or pictures please don’t hesitate to ask

Local time
10:38 AM
Reaction score
The rear tub factory power outlet is a cigarette lighter size/style socket with a touch operated lamp above it.

Any further information or pictures please don’t hesitate to ask
I have got a few questions about the QM. What is the external length (metric please) from the rear of the cab to the back of the rear bumper excluding the tow bar and what is the gap between the bed and the back of the cab? What is the width of the rear bumper? Thanks this will be a great help there isn't a dealer close by to measure these dimensions on a vehicle and I am attempting to work out what there is to work with on a cab chassis with a drop side tray and still fit in the home garage.

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:38 AM
Reaction score
Another "while waiting moment" and while waiting for the Forum's colored emblem, did some initial coloring using fine point paint pens I saw lying around.

Need to get the right shade of blue.

IMG_5646.jpeg

Last edited:

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Another "while waiting moment" and while waiting for the colored emblem, did some initial coloring using fine point paint pens I saw lying around.

Need to get the right shade of blue.

View attachment 7855431
Hi crashburn, I'll take one. Looks like shale blue, which will look great on my shale blue Grenaderi. DaBull

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:38 AM
Reaction score
Hi crashburn, I'll take one. Looks like shale blue, which will look great on my shale blue Grenaderi. DaBull
Hi @DaBull,

I would love to make them for you but my hands are not that steady. :ROFLMAO:
It is more of a darker Eldoret blue.
I ordered a Sharpie blue which is a bit darker.

I had these extra fine paint pens that I used

As my hands were not that steady, I had to jot the areas needing paint. Takes a while but addicting/satisfying once you see the colors :D

After it dried, I cleaned up using a magic eraser over the paint spills.

Back
Top Bottom