The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:08 AM
Reaction score
Took the family out earlier and passed our first Gren on the road.. exchanging a wave and a flash of lights.. Have to say that the drive home, in absolutely lashing rain in pitch black, the driving lights are fooking awesome .. first time I’ve driven it at night and i was very impressed with interior illumination and the punch of the main beam and driving lights.
Still waiting for my "first encounter of the third kind", discounting the two Grenadiers I saw while visiting the factory in Hambach, and one other I crossed while leaving my dealer last week, at 100m from that same dealer.

jb_hamon

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Today I finished installing my roof top tent and awning setup.

Attachments

• IMG_4943.jpeg
    IMG_4943.jpeg
    264.3 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_4944.jpeg
    IMG_4944.jpeg
    225.5 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_4945.jpeg
    IMG_4945.jpeg
    268.1 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_4937.jpeg
    IMG_4937.jpeg
    369.7 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_4939.jpeg
    IMG_4939.jpeg
    420.1 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_4938.jpeg
    IMG_4938.jpeg
    448.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_4940.jpeg
    IMG_4940.jpeg
    390.6 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_4942.jpeg
    IMG_4942.jpeg
    351.6 KB · Views: 117

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:08 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Mileage up to 5,368, after a trip to see potential clients in Cambridge, (about a 100 mile round trip). Short lived spurious errors for transmission and power steering, the latter in red.

After the journey I have a wet drivers' footwell, interesting as it has not rained all day; I guess this is a air conditioning issue, as it has been humid and the A/C was on all journey. Blocked/faulty drain?

My old, and long departed 1989 Eunos Roadster, (JDM Mazda Miata/MX5), used to leave drip trails on a humid day, sufficient to make me worry about a failed radiator. It wasn't a fault, merely a characteristic!

Gren wet footwell.jpg

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Today I picked up my Greni at K&E. He got the rack and the table. Apparently, the door rubber of the passenger door, which had a shaft, was only shortened and glued. He now has a seam at the bottom.

Long, very pleasant conversation with Mr. A.

They have now delivered 39 grenaders to K&E. As of today in Germany 257.

They installed the 4th. Roof rack.

Software update is coming in September
told the dealer.

Attachments

• IMG_7824.jpeg
    IMG_7824.jpeg
    186.1 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_7823.jpeg
    IMG_7823.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_7821.jpeg
    IMG_7821.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_7819.jpeg
    IMG_7819.jpeg
    352.1 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_7818.jpeg
    IMG_7818.jpeg
    169.6 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_7822.jpeg
    IMG_7822.jpeg
    339.8 KB · Views: 118

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It is a sling to be able to close the door better from the inside. I'm in the process of setting up a drawer system and a sleeping side. I will report when this campaign is over.

Attachments

• IMG_7731.jpeg
    IMG_7731.jpeg
    237.4 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_7725.jpeg
    IMG_7725.jpeg
    199.7 KB · Views: 132

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:08 PM
Reaction score
So your mod then? 👍

I was looking at the door only yesterday and wondering the best way to grab it to close.

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
S XY
Ah! I found that in my glovebox on delivery - now I can see where it comes from. Guessing a PULL to close strap (that in my case is not fitted).
No, it's a loop from an exercise machine I had left over. I fixed it to the original screw with a washer.

Attachments

• IMG_7825.jpeg
    IMG_7825.jpeg
    250.9 KB · Views: 123

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Today went o Ragley Hall Game Fair . Onto Ineos display stand - Obviously.
Saw the Quartermaster - looks like something designed to last 150 years.

On less positive note I cornered the agent ( not my agent) with the positives and negatives of my Diesel Fieldmaster since collecting May 10th.
Positives - driving on road is awesome , 27mpg, commanding position and well settled on the tarmac.
Negatives - Leak in drivers footwell and door pillar from roof ( which he accepted would be major concern) Radio that comes on when reverse selected. Software issues as we all have. Bottle jack u/s from day one. Interior trim poor fits.
Sadly he had no reassurance on the timing of software upgrades or any recall plans AND he doesnt follow this forum - missing a trick buddy! Be one step ahead of your potential customers .

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today went o Ragley Hall Game Fair . Onto Ineos display stand - Obviously.
Saw the Quartermaster - looks like something designed to last 150 years.

On less positive note I cornered the agent ( not my agent) with the positives and negatives of my Diesel Fieldmaster since collecting May 10th.
Positives - driving on road is awesome , 27mpg, commanding position and well settled on the tarmac.
Negatives - Leak in drivers footwell and door pillar from roof ( which he accepted would be major concern) Radio that comes on when reverse selected. Software issues as we all have. Bottle jack u/s from day one. Interior trim poor fits.
Sadly he had no reassurance on the timing of software upgrades or any recall plans AND he doesnt follow this forum - missing a trick buddy! Be one step ahead of your potential customers .
Seems we all have similar problems :mad: and our Dealers and/or Ineos don't care! :eek::devilish::devilish:

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:08 PM
Reaction score
Sadly he had no reassurance on the timing of software upgrades or any recall plans!

This really concerns me, that a fix is not forthcoming and vehicles are still being delivered. I know many of the warnings are meaningless, but the fact that they exist is a real concern. They have another 34 months to fix it before its MOT in the UK!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The fact that if I picked up my new IG and went straight to a MOT test I could fail is scary. Like, seriously scary.

Reactions: PBD

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
The fact that if I picked up my new IG and went straight to a MOT test I could fail is scary. Like, seriously scary.
It's not testable in the UK, it is not old enough!

If you were pulled by the DVSA for a vehicle examination, (like a small number of HGV vehicles each day), it might give the examiner pause for thought, a prohibition notice would be challengeable with the manufacturer's co-operation, (and they would be mad not to).

Reactions: Max

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:08 AM
Reaction score
Today I picked up my Greni at K&E. He got the rack and the table. Apparently, the door rubber of the passenger door, which had a shaft, was only shortened and glued. He now has a seam at the bottom.

Long, very pleasant conversation with Mr. A.

They have now delivered 39 grenaders to K&E. As of today in Germany 257.

They installed the 4th. Roof rack.

Software update is coming in September
told the dealer.
I think, by the look of the rack, BS said that it wasn't up to the task, looks strong enough, 18.5kgs per mount dynamic load.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom