The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:33 PM
Reaction score
What did we do today? The wife and I are out camping with our Grenadier and hybrid off-road camper. Pics were taken just a few minutes around 8:15pm local. Super bright moon tonight. Just outside the Sundown National Park on the Queensland and NSW border, Australia.
Great photos...and a wonderful part of the world! Enjoy!
for "academic" interest...what model of hybrid camper?

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mate.. Depends on who you talk to the indigenous folk came her/were here for 60,000 to 100,000 years before white man.
empharsis (two Ronnies) that they came here at some time too.
In all that time they didn't build a single road, highway, airport, rail line or port.
They had their chance and blew it.
So by that logic we should hand everything over to the French, Japanese, Chinese or anyone else whose built a high speed rail line?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So by that logic we should hand everything over to the French, Japanese, Chinese or anyone else whose built a high speed rail line?
You missed the whole tongue in cheek point.
Cars, trains, planes and ships didn't exist so why the hell would they build roads, airports, highways, and shiploaders????

IGL

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:33 AM
Reaction score
Very dry here. West of Ballandean on a truffle farm.
That's our 2018 Lifestyle Breakaway Ultra.
If it's too dry for open fires, this might be a cute alternative. I'm thinking about getting this when I have my Gren.

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:33 AM
Reaction score
I went back to Gobi X / R&D Offroad and had Jerry can holders fitted and a Victron smart charger wired in so that at camp sites I can plug in and condition the batteries IMG_2492.jpegIMG_2491.jpegIMG_2485.jpeg

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I went back to Gobi X / R&D Offroad and had Jerry can holders fitted and a Victron smart charger wired in so that at camp sites I can plug in and condition the batteries View attachment 7828266
First electric Grenadier of the world. I hope you find enough charging points in Africa :unsure: ;)

Sean

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:33 AM
Reaction score
I collected my new IG from the dealer, 3 years after the indication of interest, and drove home with a new car and a big smile.
The software update clearly works as there were no issues at all with the systems. I didn’t find the steering at all a problem- although you’ve got to take corners and roundabouts with a wide berth.
Yep, for me the left leg room isn’t ideal as I like to stretch, but after tweaking the seat back and up a bit it didn’t bother me.
Kids loved the car, even wife seemed pleased.
Thanks for everyone’s comments over the years…
they’ve kept me going and wanting the car more…

Local time
Reaction score
While I would rather be out and about I had to visit Kmart today (in Sydney, Australia).... but found a silver lining.. in a $5 soft insulated kids lunch box that fits perfectly under the seats. The image is before it's pushed under. It fits well. 20230930_131617.jpg

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:33 AM
Reaction score
Had 3hrs 15mins traveling 150klms on bush tracks in the hinterland west of the Sunshine Coast... averaging 48klm an hour and 12lts per 100klms...fantastic ride in the Gren as it soaks up the corrugations like they are hardly there...brilliant with lookouts, dams and waterfalls...but I could not resist getting the old girl 1959 series II, out for a comparison pic when arriving back at base...the comparison is designed in the UK both diesel, same tyres 16in verses 17in, RHD, and power steering...300tdi and Rangie steering makes the old girl drivable to say the least she is a lightweight beast on steroids...I add, that I installed a power booster for the brakes...happy motoring :cool:
IMG_6522.jpg

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
While I would rather be out and about I had to visit Kmart today (in Sydney, Australia).... but found a silver lining.. in a $5 soft insulated kids lunch box that fits perfectly under the seats. The image is before it's pushed under. It fits well. View attachment 7828293
very nice.......good pick-up

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Had 3hrs 15mins traveling 150klms on bush tracks in the hinterland west of the Sunshine Coast... averaging 48klm an hour and 12lts per 100klms...fantastic ride in the Gren as it soaks up the corrugations like they are hardly there...brilliant with lookouts, dams and waterfalls...but I could not resist getting the old girl 1959 series II, out for a comparison pic when arriving back at base...the comparison is designed in the UK both diesel, same tyres 16in verses 17in, RHD, and power steering...300tdi and Rangie steering makes the old girl drivable to say the least she is a lightweight beast on steroids...I add, that I installed a power booster for the brakes...happy motoring :cool:
View attachment 7828295
Brilliant. Great photo and detail.

Reactions: Max
Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
ireland is about the same size as Tasmania or on the right compared to mainland Australia where I live.
Link to the map where you can compare countries taking into acount the Mercator projection.

Draw a line from the top of Finland to about the end of Italy, and then from western Spain to the eastern end of Ukraine and make that a box. That’s about the size of it.

In two weeks I will do a trip of about 4-5000kms over just over 2 weeks. It will cover part of the North and mid West of one State and part of the South and mid West of another state. It will involve at least 3 days of @ 800-1000km drives in a day. About 10 days of it will be based in two different places and just day trips so the majority of those kms will be done over about 4-5 days.

bloody hell mates!
I am born in the Netherlands and lived there most off my life and driving 30 mins wasn't something you would just do hahaha
Driving 2 hours was a whole planning ;)
When I moved to the Oregon in the USA that changed 1,5 hour one way for a some skiing was a normal.
Ireland is definitely beautiful and we will have to see what will be our next country to live in :)

We have more rain than Australia.
Amen ;) but not sure if it is a good thing? ;) Preferably I would like to have snow though ;)
Might need to go see the Grenadier in Gothenburg Sweden ;)

Yep
One minute they were at home with family having dinenr.
The next I dragged the whole country down to the pacific ocean.
Just think India is a lot smaller than Australia and they have 1.4 BILLION people compared to our 26 Million.
The busiest city I have been in for work was Beijng, China --> 21.54 million (2018)
I can state I didn't like it way way to busy.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Drove three hours today through the mountains today to over 1000m through pouring rain to get to the Tankwa Karoo. The Grenadier is amazing. We are fully loaded inc 5 x 20l Jerry cans on the roof and it pulls like a steam train. Overtaking huge slow lorries on steep climbs an absolute breeze. Gravel roads the suspension is smooth😍. Engine and gearbox super smooth and plenty of power. Driving out through the Tankwa following a local’s Mitsubishi shogun at full pelt on dirt roads an absolute dream even fully loaded it just soaks up the bumps.Rally driving but fully loaded. I’m loving it IMG_0594.jpeg

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
IMG_2491.jpeg
With that modification, you can even park in EV-charging spots.
It just takes a fake charging cable.

Last edited:

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/fixed-air-compressor.12412482/post-1333206516

Hi everyone, I have finally successfully installed my ARB compressor (ARB KOMPRESSOR 12-VOLT, CKMA12). Thanks for the tips @Highwayman. First I ordered a plastic plate 8 mm thick. I used cardboard to press off the bolts and drilled the (8 mm) holes in the plastic as a template. Then I deepened it to 4 mm with the milling machine so that the nuts lay flat with the surface. Next, I inserted threaded claws into the plastic from below to attach the base plate of the compressor. There are rubber rings under the plastic plate. Then first test. Everything fit. So attached the plate with screw glue. The base plate of the compressor too. But I had to remove the auxiliary battery to get proper access to the screws to finally fix the compressor. I connected the electrics first (thanks to Highwayman's recommendation) after removing the FI13 fuse. I shortened the long power cable by about 120 cm. I didn't braid a new short wiring harness for everything. Someone did it but I couldn't find the post. The connections for the air locker (which I didn't need) have enough space and stayed on the wiring harness. Finally, I sawed a hole measuring 21 mm x 36.5 mm into the rear cover of the battery compartment on the passenger side (LHD) for the switch. See photo. The compressor works perfectly, protected with 40 A via the FI13 with the ignition switched on. “Oh what a lucky man, he was…..” IMG_8157.jpegIMG_8158.jpegIMG_8159.jpegIMG_8164.jpegIMG_8160.jpegIMG_8163.jpegIMG_8161.jpeg

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/fixed-air-compressor.12412482/post-1333206516

Hi everyone, I have finally successfully installed my ARB compressor (ARB KOMPRESSOR 12-VOLT, CKMA12). Thanks for the tips @Highwayman. First I ordered a plastic plate 8 mm thick. I used cardboard to press off the bolts and drilled the (8 mm) holes in the plastic as a template. Then I deepened it to 4 mm with the milling machine so that the nuts lay flat with the surface. Next, I inserted threaded claws into the plastic from below to attach the base plate of the compressor. There are rubber rings under the plastic plate. Then first test. Everything fit. So attached the plate with screw glue. The base plate of the compressor too. But I had to remove the auxiliary battery to get proper access to the screws to finally fix the compressor. I connected the electrics first (thanks to Highwayman's recommendation) after removing the FI13 fuse. I shortened the long power cable by about 120 cm. I didn't braid a new short wiring harness for everything. Someone did it but I couldn't find the post. The connections for the air locker (which I didn't need) have enough space and stayed on the wiring harness. Finally, I sawed a hole measuring 21 mm x 36.5 mm into the rear cover of the battery compartment on the passenger side (LHD) for the switch. See photo. The compressor works perfectly, protected with 40 A via the FI13 with the ignition switched on. “Oh what a lucky man, he was…..” View attachment 7828356View attachment 7828358View attachment 7828359View attachment 7828360View attachment 7828361View attachment 7828362View attachment 7828363
That’s a neat job 😍

Back
Top Bottom