The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:43 AM
Reaction score
1. 100kg rated electric hoist
2. X4 stainless eyes riveted to 4 corners under the tent platform
3. 4 chains clipped via carabiners the the eyes , joined on top with shackles
4. Slowly raise tent higher than vehicle. Position vehicle carefully.

The chain must be symmetrical as otherwise the tent will tilt like crazy. It's a 2 person job and one or both on a small ladder - 1 controlling the hoist , the other guiding the tent . We put a rope on the corner that was tilting up a bit.
Slow and steady.

If you have a garage , the height might be a limiting factor. Then you may need 4 moderately strong/ tall people with 2 lengths of 4x2 underneath the platform to lift and positionView attachment 7840905View attachment 7840906View attachment 7840907.

Re the quick release clamps , they mount to the RTT rails. We fitted ours and positioned them on the rack before we mounted the rack. Otherwise it would be a fiddle, not much room to move when in the vehicle.
I hope this makes sense!
Thanks Tazzieman - you've provided me with the inspiration required to make it happen. Hopefully my roof holds up! :cool:

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
1. 100kg rated electric hoist
2. X4 stainless eyes riveted to 4 corners under the tent platform
3. 4 chains clipped via carabiners the the eyes , joined on top with shackles
4. Slowly raise tent higher than vehicle. Position vehicle carefully.

The chain must be symmetrical as otherwise the tent will tilt like crazy. It's a 2 person job and one or both on a small ladder - 1 controlling the hoist , the other guiding the tent . We put a rope on the corner that was tilting up a bit.
Slow and steady.

If you have a garage , the height might be a limiting factor. Then you may need 4 moderately strong/ tall people with 2 lengths of 4x2 underneath the platform to lift and positionView attachment 7840905View attachment 7840906View attachment 7840907.

Re the quick release clamps , they mount to the RTT rails. We fitted ours and positioned them on the rack before we mounted the rack. Otherwise it would be a fiddle, not much room to move when in the vehicle.
I hope this makes sense!
I might have to go more than the 100kg winch as I want to lift the rack and RTT in one go and see what my fuel consumption is without a roof load.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I might have to go more than the 100kg winch as I want to lift the rack and RTT in one go and see what my fuel consumption is without a roof load.
Bunnings have them in varying strengths.

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did my first engine oil change. Went well. Was 5300km on the odo and the oil colour was as dark as a night with no moon. Pitch black.

Went with Liqui Moly 6100 0W-30, as the Valvoline equivalent rather difficult to obtain.

Thanks to all the trail blazers on this forum who have posted details on their oil changes, really made it easy.

IMG_1090.jpeg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:43 PM
Reaction score
Do we know what the factory fill is?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The fuel cap cover drops a couple of millimetres towards the back of the car and doesn't follow the wheel arch.

I have been working out a way to line up the Fuel cap cover...being a designer things in my brain have to line up as they were made to...It has annoyed me since I saw the prototypes and thought that would be sorted by the time it's in production...Looking at the cover hinge I noticed a lug at its base...I created a wedge using a light galvanized steel plate, by putting a crease in it...I played with this till I had the right lift I needed...so when I close the cover that lug slides up the wedge lifting the cover to the right height...this is my prototype that is held in place with Wurth double sided tape but it works for now and probably will be 3D printed and held in place with sika...it is easy to see this fault on the lighter coloured cars...once I have made a proper pattern I will again post on here... (y) View attachment 7830469
Do the newer deliveries come with a better aligned fuel filler door?

Reactions: Max

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:43 PM
Reaction score
Think it's Shell but only because the type my agent quoted me was a 'first fill' and not for market. That's all I have to go on.

If you meant qtty then 7.5l on the derv and 7l on the petrol version.

I used Valvoline bmw spec 0w-30 in my derv

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks. I was inquiring about the brand.

sean303boards

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:43 PM
Reaction score
Installed the sand bucket 😂 This thing is almost comical! But at least now I have the square to round intake bit I can figure out what other pre cleaner shares the same OD

Run into an issue with the new round bit of intake didnt line up with the A Pillar mount.

IMG_0346.jpegIMG_0345.jpegIMG_0337.jpeg
IMG_0341.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0334.jpeg
    IMG_0334.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 20

IG Pop

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:43 AM
Reaction score

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do the newer deliveries come with a better aligned fuel filler door?

@bakepl @Krabby @Tazzieman
To all who have a saggy petrol cap cover...more defined on the lighter colours...I have been for some time now working on a solution to raise it without having to do too much...finally, it is still a wedge and in the first pic you can see the arrow pointing to a rub mark...second pic shows the little lug that runs along that surface...third a forth show you the wedge created to lift the petrol cap cover up as it moves in...pic five shows the top that has to be slightly rounded off because it binds on the top of its housing...

The wedge is 2mm at the thick end and can go to nothing on the other end...mine is a little under a mm...the yellow wedges I know will work and they are ceramic tiler wedges...I used a smear of Sikaflex to hold mine in place...which is black plastic cut, filed, and sanded to shape...double sided tape worked in one of my early prototypes but the thickness can then vary...with the wedges it will be cheaper and easier to get the right result...the yellow wedge can but cut with Wiss tin snips...hope this works for you (y) ;)

Attachments​

• IMG_6636.jpg

IMG_6636.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 203

• IMG_6637.jpg

IMG_6637.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 163

• IMG_6630.jpg

IMG_6630.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 160

• IMG_6627.jpg

IMG_6627.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 159

• IMG_6637.jpg

IMG_6637.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 163

• IMG_6622.jpg

IMG_6622.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 164

• IMG_6590.jpg

IMG_6590.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 167

Reply to Max

Report Edit Delete Attachment editor Convert to jpg Rotate

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Installed the sand bucket 😂 This thing is almost comical! But at least now I have the square to round intake bit I can figure out what other pre cleaner shares the same OD

Run into an issue with the new round bit of intake didnt line up with the A Pillar mount.

View attachment 7841041View attachment 7841042View attachment 7841043
View attachment 7841045
I have one of these - I had to paint that ugly white advertising out!
One thing to keep an eye on - I found the weight of the unit, flimsy plastic intake pipe, and normal forces/vibration made mine pull the lower section away from where it goes through the guard. My dealer has tried a “fix” on it, but haven’t driven it far enough since to see if that was successful.
I think Ineos needs to revise the flimsy build on this intake system and make a proper snorkel or at least, a strong intake with reasonable sealing. If anyone knows of an aftermarket solution I would be very interested as there is no way this unit will withstand the corrugations on our outback roads.

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If I recall correctly @DCPU did a lot of hard yards initially trying to establish the Ineos recommended oil manufacturer and specific type of oil. The oil badge (label) under the hood references Petronas (a Malaysian company).

I believe the discovery was that Petronas is the first fill, but does not make the oil available for refilling.

mrzeszutko

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:43 AM
Reaction score
Last week I got my Grenadier wrapped with PPF (full-body). Detailer shot the video where you can see some of the details how it was done. Video is in Polish so you might want to skip to the parts where they just show what they did:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

@bakepl @Krabby @Tazzieman
To all who have a saggy petrol cap cover...more defined on the lighter colours...I have been for some time now working on a solution to raise it without having to do too much...finally, it is still a wedge and in the first pic you can see the arrow pointing to a rub mark...second pic shows the little lug that runs along that surface...third a forth show you the wedge created to lift the petrol cap cover up as it moves in...pic five shows the top that has to be slightly rounded off because it binds on the top of its housing...

The wedge is 2mm at the thick end and can go to nothing on the other end...mine is a little under a mm...the yellow wedges I know will work and they are ceramic tiler wedges...I used a smear of Sikaflex to hold mine in place...which is black plastic cut, filed, and sanded to shape...double sided tape worked in one of my early prototypes but the thickness can then vary...with the wedges it will be cheaper and easier to get the right result...the yellow wedge can but cut with Wiss tin snips...hope this works for you (y) ;)

Attachments​

• IMG_6636.jpg

IMG_6636.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 203

• IMG_6637.jpg

IMG_6637.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 163

• IMG_6630.jpg

IMG_6630.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 160

• IMG_6627.jpg

IMG_6627.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 159

• IMG_6637.jpg

IMG_6637.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 163

• IMG_6622.jpg

IMG_6622.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 164

• IMG_6590.jpg

IMG_6590.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 167

Reply to Max

Report Edit Delete Attachment editor Convert to jpg Rotate
You realise you have destroyed a "feature" of the series 1 Grenadier?
:D
That said , I have a packet of the yellow wedges. I need to get all entrepreneurial!

Reactions: Max
Back
Top Bottom