The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Western Oregon Pre-Order and Intro

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
3:51 AM
Reaction score
I've posted a bit on this forum already but we've officially submitted a pre-order after having placed a reservation more than a year ago so I figured and intro was due. @Krabby will be pleased.

Not much to tell really. Just a couple of old fogeys who drive old vehicles. We keep stuff a long time (25+ years or more) and do much of our own work so durability and simplicity are paramount. The Grenadier stacks up to have the the first prerequisite pretty well covered and the second qualification mostly covered. Never had a vehicle with any of the amenities that come standard on even the base model Grenadier and we don't live anywhere close to a dealer so bailing is still on the table if early U.S. builds stink. We prefer solid axle 4X4s for the above reasons and have absolutely no issues driving them at speed on the highway. We do not use vehicles for entertainment. We'll never cross Africa or the Australian outback or go anywhere near the Rubicon Trail but they must get us where we want to go with our gear over washboard, down light trails, and through heavy snow - and then to work or shops the next day.

Our pre-order is pretty simple:

Station Wagon
Lockers
Couple amenities
Color of choice (not SW)
<$77K

What I should've spec'd? The manual transmission option;).

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:51 AM
Reaction score
I've posted a bit on this forum already but we've officially submitted a pre-order after having placed a reservation more than a year ago so I figured and intro was due. @Krabby will be pleased.

Not much to tell really. Just a couple of old fogeys who drive old vehicles. We keep stuff a long time (25+ years or more) and do much of our own work so durability and simplicity are paramount. The Grenadier stacks up to have the the first prerequisite pretty well covered and the second qualification mostly covered. Never had a vehicle with any of the amenities that come standard on even the base model Grenadier and we don't live anywhere close to a dealer so bailing is still on the table if early U.S. builds stink. We prefer solid axle 4X4s for the above reasons and have absolutely no issues driving them at speed on the highway. We do not use vehicles for entertainment. We'll never cross Africa or the Australian outback or go anywhere near the Rubicon Trail but they must get us where we want to go with our gear over washboard, down light trails, and through heavy snow - and then to work or shops the next day.

Our pre-order is pretty simple:

Station Wagon
Lockers
Couple amenities
Color of choice (not SW)
<$77K

What I should've spec'd? The manual transmission option;).
Being coy about the color I see. I hope it’s the red. Not many on here AFAIK.

What’s your dog status? As unofficial coordinator of canine communications, I am required to ask. Check the link in my sig to add your pooch to our pile.

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
3:51 AM
Reaction score
QR w/ Black Roof was an early contender and I am quite fond of the combination. Certainly in the top two or three. Unfortunately we have a vehicle pretty much that exact color already sans roof. Having other rigs with colors similar to those in the Ineos palette left us with few choices once the vetoes were in.

What we ended up agreeing on was Gun Metal Grey which is NA.
What we chose was Sterling Silver.
Safe. Boring. Some accents will help once the brief 3 year paint warranty is up.

Sorry, no pets. Too many have gone before and miss them all.

Back
Top Bottom