The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Western Australian Chapter

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:04 AM
Reaction score
Hi there.
I am currently in a long term loaner from Magic while they sort out my vehicle.

I’ve had it a week and very happy with it.

I believe they were upgrading demos and own cars first before customers so in theory this should have been done.

I’ve had very little errors popping up. When towing boat I had a trailer light error but that could be wiring config.

the fuel gauge looked ok. Went red at around 80ltrs gone so that sounds right.

Still getting used to getting the sequence right to do things. Spoilt with the simplistic nature of the defender.
After pickup Sven's Grenadier from Magic yesterday afternoon had some things sorted we (Magic techs and me) couldn't get the diff locks to engage, found out you have to move for them to do that on a loose surface and the same to disengage (this I did by reversing on) that happened immediately which is different from what has been displayed on YouTube

Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:04 AM
Reaction score
After pickup Sven's Grenadier from Magic yesterday afternoon had some things sorted we (Magic techs and me) couldn't get the diff locks to engage, found out you have to move for them to do that on a loose surface and the same to disengage (this I did by reversing on) that happened immediately which is different from what has been displayed on YouTube
exactly, there's a "ramp" section in the mechanism which, activated by the solenoid, forces the pins against spring pressure into the locking position as the axle turns. When the solenoid is deactivated the ramp section retreats as the axle turns, allowing the pins to slide out of their locked position.... according to the Eaton- Harrop video the diff locks/ unlocks in a fraction of a single revolution of the axle.... (despite the lag in the flashing indicator )...

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Are the WA chapter planning a get together before Xmas?
Would love to turn up and say hi if the NSW plates aren’t too much of an issue…
Sounds like a plan. Happy to get a catch up happening.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Local time
Reaction score
Hi W.A. crew,

Wondering if anyone has had the software update performed yet @Magic? If so, any local feedback? Getting sick of the random bongs and lights…
Checking to see if anyone in Perth has had their car in recently for software upgrades. Any feedback?

Local time
Reaction score
Had my software updated yesterday @ Magic. They had the car for just over half a day, and since collection all the warnings and bongs have disappeared. Good result!

I also had issues with vibration and harshness at various rpm which I suspected from reports of others to be heat shields touching. They didn't say exactly what they did but this vibration is now far less, making the car a much more enjoyable place to be. Worth taking it in if you're having similar issues...

Joey

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:04 PM
Reaction score
There already is one:

Craig

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:04 PM
Reaction score
OK, I've created a page, I've just got to edit the settings, it has been a while since I set one up so bear with me- name is West Australian Grenadier owners
Have just applied for membership to the FB page Mr Mike
Craig

Back
Top Bottom