The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Waterproof snorkel?

Kruegerruda

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:27 PM
Reaction score
On our off-road tour in Greece, a Jeep JLU ruined its car in a water crossing. Is there already a waterproof snorkel for the Grenny?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:27 PM
Reaction score
There is not, but one additional concern is that while the engine may be getting dry air from a sealed snorkel, you have lots of other components (wiring/control modules/door seals) that are not intended to be submerged in water

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is not, but one additional concern is that while the engine may be getting dry air from a sealed snorkel, you have lots of other components (wiring/control modules/door seals) that are not intended to be submerged in water
Especially on a petrol vehicle!

Kruegerruda

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:27 PM
Reaction score
you have lots of other components (wiring/control modules/door seals) that are not intended to be submerged in water
I know. I've made my Defender fit for Iceland and want to go there again with the Grenny. I can protect electrical components with appropriate spray, so the 80cm should be safe. But a little more protection for unforeseen circumstances is useful in Iceland. And without a snorkel, it can be problematic in some situations.

The Aussies also have water passages!

Local time
Reaction score
Looking at the engine compartment, I'd never be confident I saw all I needed to see. The raised air intake and other plumbing, I'm pretty sure that could be made to be sufficient.

Back
Top Bottom